New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Sir boybi, why not consider a gray import landrover defender?
    I'm from the province and I only buy cars with dealers near my place. I don't want the hassle of having it serviced in metro manila pa.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ If only we got the 2-door Patrols, Prados and Pajeros here. Just like back in the 80s.
    Oo nga, sana may local 3dr version mga yan with diesel engines. Ganyan sana trip ni misis, ayaw talaga nya jimny. Ayaw ko na din 3dr pajero. Hehe

Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk 2
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Oo nga, sana may local 3dr version mga yan with diesel engines. Ganyan sana trip ni misis, ayaw talaga nya jimny. Ayaw ko na din 3dr pajero. Hehe
    ang problema yata kasi kaya walang masyadong maraming diesel versions ang mga offroad vehicles(usually Short Wheel Base), in major markets like US, Europe and Middle East mas mura ang Gasoline kesa Deisel. sa atin lang naman na mga third world countries mas mura ang diesel. yon naman kasing diesel sa atin masyadong madumi kasi marami sigurong pandaraya ginagawa ng mga Petroleum Distributors sa atin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya mura diesel dito dahil subsidized ng gasoline ang diesel prices. Kaya ginawa ito, lahat ng PUVs natin run on diesel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kaya mura diesel dito dahil subsidized ng gasoline ang diesel prices. Kaya ginawa ito, lahat ng PUVs natin run on diesel.
    that make sense .

but still madumi pa rin ang deisel dito sa atin, it seems something has been added/mixed to take advantage. sorry medyo OT na

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lhongskie View Post
    ang problema yata kasi kaya walang masyadong maraming diesel versions ang mga offroad vehicles(usually Short Wheel Base), in major markets like US, Europe and Middle East mas mura ang Gasoline kesa Deisel. sa atin lang naman na mga third world countries mas mura ang diesel. yon naman kasing diesel sa atin masyadong madumi kasi marami sigurong pandaraya ginagawa ng mga Petroleum Distributors sa atin.
    That's just bs imho kasi if you look the sales of sportage and tucson etc eh di hamak namang mas madami diesel. It's not the fuel imho.

Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk 2
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    That's just bs imho kasi if you look the sales of sportage and tucson etc eh di hamak namang mas madami diesel. It's not the fuel imho.
    it's related sir, if gas is the most used fuel in most countries, the most vehicle to be produced is Gas of course, its the law of Supply and Demand.

sa pilipinas mas demand ang deisel so mas maraming deisel vehicles dito. here in the middle east for example. almost 99% of the light vehicles are GAS powered, even KIA/HYUNDAI wala kang makikitang deisel variants. Ford for example, most of their high-end vehicles are Gas. usually yong Asian manufactured vehicles lang ang deisel(like everest).

also, lets face it, Asia is not the main market of Auto Industry.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lhongskie View Post
    that make sense .

but still madumi pa rin ang deisel dito sa atin, it seems something has been added/mixed to take advantage. sorry medyo OT na
    Oil companies simply follow rules laid out by the government. The government's mandate says that 2016 is the only time our fuels need to be Euro-IV compliant. Hence, only then will Shell and Petron's refineries be ready to produce Euro IV diesel.

Other smaller players import their fuels and hence have more flexibility in what they bring in, which is why Unioil already has Euro IV diesel.

Why are we so slow in adopting higher fuel standards? Simple really - the majority of the market doesn't need it. Private car owners think they're the majority when it comes to fuel demands in the country, but if you look at the picture, it's still the commercial vehicles that consume the most fuel. These commercial vehicles are almost exclusively diesel, and most are of older vintage than your average sedan or SUV.

Only in Manila do we have a 50/50 split of gasoline and diesel. In other provinces, the split is generally at 70% diesel 30% gasoline.

Additionally, you might think the difference between our fuel and fuel from other countries is big, but Unioil's Euro IV diesel is just about the same as Shell's V-Power Diesel to me, despite the latter being locally made and thus only Euro-II. Either Unioil's fuel isn't really as good as that sold in other countries, or the difference isn't as big as people point it out to be.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Why are we so slow in adopting higher fuel standards? Simple really - the majority of the market doesn't need it. Private car owners think they're the majority when it comes to fuel demands in the country, but if you look at the picture, it's still the commercial vehicles that consume the most fuel. These commercial vehicles are almost exclusively diesel, and most are of older vintage than your average sedan or SUV.

Only in Manila do we have a 50/50 split of gasoline and diesel. In other provinces, the split is generally at 70% diesel 30% gasoline.
    I guess you are right on this. record shows(according to wikipedia) that we are ranked #142 as the most countries by the number of road motor vehicles per 1000 people.

source: List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this thread now turned out to be a battle of GAS vs DIESEL

in addition, Diesel is becoming popular in the passenger type vehicles. thanks to the new diesel technology(less vibrations and pollution). In fact some auto insiders are saying that 2014 is projected to be the Year of the Diesel. In the U.S, sales for diesel-powered vehicles are increasing and major auto manufacturers like GM, Nissan, Mercedes, and other automakers are expanding their diesel vehicles options.

Thanks to google search I found this link

2014 May Turn Out to Be the Year of the Diesel Engine

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
FJ Cruiser or Explorer?