New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    As of this moment, I'm around 80% into getting an FJ. I was assured of a unit from a friend when it will become available. Nakakahiya na mag backout. I already have a Starex for a family car.

Going back to my question above, will the doors be damaged if the front doors were closed before the rear doors?
    we already have the explorer (not a family hauler ginagamit namin sa business sasakyan ng mga bumibisitang investor) (and yes madami pa din problem sa explorer at di pa naayos up to present hence you cannot make this baby roar unless gusto mo ma suffocate)

but i'm still thinking of getting an fj(first was the rubicon)- the fj is gas fed since in the u.s. gas is cheaper(too bad for us) it has the same engine as a prado but mind you the prado is heavier but according to some fj site this baby could eat up 8-9km mixed driving fully laden (stock) and the automatic version is much more economical- if you ask me not bad(owned a previa and apv almost same mileage ang matipid lang samin is the 1991 isuzu trooper)

the original fj cruiser only has 2 doors the designer must want to keep that true to the spirit of the original fj

and the fj as one member said is a jeep competitor(jeep diesel is also not effiecient) hence it's really built for rough roads- in an fj you could easily fly on those rough road, sa explorer it can but you can't fly(dahan dahan ka lang medyo mababa kasi)

yes it is basically a toy 4x4 in our country

i choose this over the rubicon... for a simple reason, toyota's reliability sabi daw kasi di na ganun ka reliable ang jeep plus way expensive parts

and we also own a jeep wrangler(square eyes) that's why we know about the parts(but i still love this baby)

1.8- roughly the same price of a cbu rav4

at sa mga mag suggest ng mid type suv- meron na kami tb(pamalit sa isuzu trooper)

to the t.s. if you already have a hauler, try an fj or it's rivals

i can't recommend the explorer yet because of the quirks, waste of 2.5 million as of the moment, honestly speaking(some other members here just based it on the looks without actual knowledge or information)

i say again even the current 2013 explorer still has that carbon gas smell when you floor it (why we bought one cheapest suv for it's suspension (and you can go around the major problem by not driving too fast but a waste of the 3.6 engine) next in line was the tahoe and landcruiser- 4 million- hell no)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    As of this moment, I'm around 80% into getting an FJ. I was assured of a unit from a friend when it will become available. Nakakahiya na mag backout. I already have a Starex for a family car.

Going back to my question above, will the doors be damaged if the front doors were closed before the rear doors?
    Only if it will be forced/slammed to be shut it seems. Pero ingat talaga especially if notorious na malakas magsara nag pinto yung rear passenger mo. Nasa manual niya yan boybi, basahin mo muna before paying just to be sure. May 20% pa naman eh.

Suicide Doors | General Discussion | FJ Cruiser Club of Australia : Forum

page 19 - FJ Cruiser Owners Manual

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Only if it will be forced/slammed to be shut it seems. Pero ingat talaga especially if notorious na malakas magsara nag pinto yung rear passenger mo. Nasa manual niya yan boybi, basahin mo muna before paying just to be sure. May 20% pa naman eh.

Suicide Doors | General Discussion | FJ Cruiser Club of Australia : Forum

page 19 - FJ Cruiser Owners Manual
    It seems hindi naman pala nakakadamage if nagkamali ng pagsara, unless sobra ang pag slam ng pinto.

My next question, how harsh is the ride of the FJ? Is it the same as the Prado where it shares its underpinnings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    i choose this over the rubicon... for a simple reason, toyota's reliability sabi daw kasi di na ganun ka reliable ang jeep plus way expensive parts

and we also own a jeep wrangler(square eyes) that's why we know about the parts(but i still love this baby)
    The model you have is the YJ and shares nothing with the current JK. The YJ was designed by AMC prior to being bought by Chrysler. Most Jeep enthusiast were not big fans of the YJ as Jeep tried to cater to the yuppies for those model years and made it ride lower. They got the Jeep enthiusiast back with the TJ which used a multi link suspension and dumped the leaf springs from the YJ model. The current JK is improving specially since they dumped the stupid minivan engine for the new 3.6 V6, the diesel is still based from the Mercedes engine they used when it was called Daimler Chrysler.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would actually trust the diesel motor in the current Wrangler over many Japanese motors.

Parts won't be as easy, but it should be less troublesome.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    i own an Explorer Limited edition. Service has been great (MFT upgrades, Gas Tank recall). The only real issue is the smell under hard acceleration. Im too lazy to leave my car there for 3 days or so to have it fixed.

I love it. Toys, Power, Luxury, Quietness, Suppleness, Presence, Huge Glass roof, fantastic switch gear, airy interior, handling, safety features, active driving aids.... they really rock. Every other car I own seems like crap to drive compared to it. Im getting a LC200 soon and I know I wont enjoy driving that LC200 compared to the Explorer.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why buy another SUV? Why not finally get a sportscar?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I wanted to tell Boybi to get an 86 but i think he's really an SUV guy. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not into sports cars, we don't even have any sedans in the family.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    yeah, but if he really wanted a sports car the name of the thread will be different

0t- mustang v. brz v 86 (mustang for me)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
FJ Cruiser or Explorer?