New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bochokoks123 View Post
    We are now more inclined to buy Innova. Now the question is sulit na ba yung J or worth naman yung around 100K difference sa E. Any thoughts?
    Sulit and practical ang J... Kung manual variant talaga ang hanap mo.

The difference of J sa E variant are mags, foglamps and extra 2 speakers. The rest pareho lang lahat. Would have gotten a J kaso matic daw gusto ni misis

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Upto you. If you are penny pinching, then the J will do. If you don't mind splurging, then go for the E. Though the differences are admittedly unneccesary.

If money is not a concern though, I would spring for the E AT variant. I recall reading in an article somewhere that the 5MT is not well mated to the engine, unlike the 6AT.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Sa top gear yan... Too much engine power for a 5 speed. Kaya mas malakas sa fuel.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have yet to hear an owner complain that their innova is over-powered.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Methinks its for the newer 2.8 liter engine that is a powerful

The 2.5 liter, ive read, is underpowered daw and some are complaining. Sakto lang naman for me :D
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have yet to hear an owner complain that their innova is over-powered.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Methinks its for the newer 2.8 liter engine that is a powerful

The 2.5 liter, ive read, is underpowered daw and some are complaining. Sakto lang naman for me :D

they probably forget they're driving a mpv and not a sporting car.

many years ago, when the mitsu adventure was new.
    an auto writer reviewed it.... "it does not perform".
    i said to myself, "either you forget what an auv is designed to do, or someone paid you to say something negative about it."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 9th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Sa top gear yan... Too much engine power for a 5 speed. Kaya mas malakas sa fuel.

Bale mas magastos pa sa gas yung M/T kesa sa A/T sir?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Too much power? Are they kidding? The Innova, even with the new 2.8L engine, is not rated over 200hp.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Too much power? Are they kidding? The Innova, even with the new 2.8L engine, is not rated over 200hp.
    The old Montero and Starex both had over 170hp and 5MTs, but there doesn't seem to be any complaints.

I think mismatched would be a more appropriate word. This 5MT was probably originally meant for another engine, the 2GD typically available in other countries, or the old 2KD even. And they just put it in without changing the gear ratios to suit this engine.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have driven a 2.5 A/T Innova before. It was sprightly. Masigla siya. Although we were only two persons on board. Not sure what would it be if it were a whole caboodle.

Toyota’s move to use a 2.8 engine in the current innova was unusual. The reason according to a Toyota PH executive is because we like to carry the whole family during our trips. Well he also said that the engine is “detuned” (so it won’t overpower its bigger brother, the fortuner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in the highway, the old 2.5 AT had a lower rpm at constant 80 kph, than the MT version.
    but in the city, sa MT nako. the AT has a higher shifting rpm compared to it.

in my combined driving, the AT gives me at most, 9-9.5 km/li, while the MT gives me at least 11 km/li.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast