New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    What's the difference between BMW 320i Executive and Sport aside from the trimmings and seats? In terms of handling, how do they differ? which is more comfortable? which is a better deal? I'm naive when it comes to cars so I want to ask for your inputs, would greatly appreciate them. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    What's the difference between BMW 320i Executive and Sport aside from the trimmings and seats? In terms of handling, how do they differ? which is more comfortable? which is a better deal? I'm naive when it comes to cars so I want to ask for your inputs, would greatly appreciate them. thanks.
    sport tuned suspension usually means the suspension is stiffer, hence the ride is usually more harsh. ideal for spirited driving/carving corners. in addition to a different suspension set-up, different set of tires and larger breaks are usually part of the package. BMW may not necessarily offer the same type of package, but in general when you say sport it usually means a different set of tires, breaks, suspension, and perhaps an "upgraded" cat back exhaust.

i don't think we have an "executive" model here in america, so i don't know much about that particular model. but i think it was designed to give the driver/passenger a more comfort/luxurious ride, hence the term "executive". maybe the suspension is softer. anybody can correct me if i'm wrong.
    Last edited by n2knee; September 14th, 2006 at 01:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magkaiba pa ba ang 'base' at 'executive'?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    can you give me an idea how stiff the sport-tuned suspension of Bimmer is? hindi ba comfortable ito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, the sport BMW suspension is ideally tuned to be firm yet comfortable. think of a ride almost as smooth as a Lexus, but really showing its sporting character when you throw the car around a corner.

the only difference is that when you go over a series of bumps, the Lexus or Benz will insulate you from the shock more effectively. with the Bimmer medyo nararamdaman mo pa.

if you are coming from a non-luxury car like an Accord, Camry or Maxima, you'll love the comfort and luxury of the Bimmer cockpit

none of those cars are cushy and comfortable like your favorite sofa, however. for that kind of ride comfort go with a Cadillac, Lincoln or Chrysler 300C. however, be prepared for a little motion sickness :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    imho, the sport BMW suspension is ideally tuned to be firm yet comfortable. think of a ride almost as smooth as a Lexus, but really showing its sporting character when you throw the car around a corner.

the only difference is that when you go over a series of bumps, the Lexus or Benz will insulate you from the shock more effectively. with the Bimmer medyo nararamdaman mo pa.

if you are coming from a non-luxury car like an Accord, Camry or Maxima, you'll love the comfort and luxury of the Bimmer cockpit

none of those cars are cushy and comfortable like your favorite sofa, however. for that kind of ride comfort go with a Cadillac, Lincoln or Chrysler 300C. however, be prepared for a little motion sickness :bwahaha:
    thanks sir, thinking hard kasi talaga between the 2 variants. e syempre po ang nakikita ko lagi pag tungkol sa sport-tuned e matigas daw (EVO, Subaru, etc.) kaya nga syempre gusto kong malaman kung gaano talaga. baka naman mas matagtag pa ang Camry o Accord nga, e wala ng pag-aalinlangan na dapat BMW320i Sport ang aking kuhanin. sabagay, pag sport ang kinuha ko, hindi ko na malalaman ang ride comfort ng executive. at syempre papairalin ko na lang ang power of suggestion na dahil Bimmer ito , talagang super lambot. di na mapapansin ni esmi. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    e kung gusto ni esmi ng super comfortable na parang sofa, dadalhan ko na lang sya sa loob ng kotse ng maraming unan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....i dont think sport tuned ang suspension ng sport variant dito (or is it?). trimmings lang talaga.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    thinking hard kasi talaga between the 2 variants. e syempre po ang nakikita ko lagi pag tungkol sa sport-tuned e matigas daw (EVO, Subaru, etc.)
    mas comfortable yung ride ng bimmer compared sa EVO/Subaru.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Executive or Sport?