New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ....i dont think sport tuned ang suspension ng sport variant dito (or is it?). trimmings lang talaga.
    mukhang tama ka pare. kasi tinitignan ko kanina yung link sa taas. walang reference na upgraded suspension ang "sport" edition compared sa "executive." i think trims lang. at saka bakit I-6 ang "executive" at I-4 lang ang "sport?" ano pa bang silbi na inilagay ng BMW yung terminology na "sport" kung wala namang ni isang qualities na nakalagay para matawag na "sport" sya?? marketing strategy nga naman oo..

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ...baka hindi mo pa ito nabasa: http://www.motioncars.com/

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    e kung gusto ni esmi ng super comfortable na parang sofa, dadalhan ko na lang sya sa loob ng kotse ng maraming unan.

brand concious ka ba pare? kung hindi, at ang primary concern mo ay comfort, bumili ka ng Sport Utility Vehicle na ang chasis ay based sa kotse. for example, Toyota Highlander. it's marketed as an SUV pero ang chasis ay based from a car (Camry) kaya ang ride very smooth compared to other SUVs. or better yet, bumili ka ng conversion van. may lazy-boy na sofa sa loob at tv. that is like riding in a leer jet on four wheels.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    brand concious ka ba pare? kung hindi, at ang primary concern mo ay comfort, bumili ka ng Sport Utility Vehicle na ang chasis ay based sa kotse. for example, Toyota Highlander. it's marketed as an SUV pero ang chasis ay based from a car (Camry) kaya ang ride very smooth compared to other SUVs. or better yet, bumili ka ng conversion van. may lazy-boy na sofa sa loob at tv. that is like riding in a leer jet on four wheels.
    magkakaroon po kami ng Sta Fe at Tucson. the reason why I like BMW 3 e bago pa ang design nya. saka para maiba naman po ng konti at makatikim din kahit papaano ng german engineering.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw bosing, i don't feel that there's a big difference in the sport and non-sport versions of the bimmer suspension. there are some physical differences, but in real world performance there isn't a huge difference in cornering or in ride comfort.

the big advantage of the sport package in the US is the absolutely excellent sport bucket seats....they were well worth the extra 500 bucks i paid for the whole package. it also comes with the m68 style wheels which i liked a lot better than the non-sport wheels.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    btw bosing, i don't feel that there's a big difference in the sport and non-sport versions of the bimmer suspension. there are some physical differences, but in real world performance there isn't a huge difference in cornering or in ride comfort.

the big advantage of the sport package in the US is the absolutely excellent sport bucket seats....they were well worth the extra 500 bucks i paid for the whole package. it also comes with the m68 style wheels which i liked a lot better than the non-sport wheels.
    sir,yong po bang sport package nyo, katulad noong nasa motioncars? meron kasing review ang 320isports... pakitingin naman po, para makatulong ng malaki sa desisyon ko.. kasi sabi sa review, di raw maganda yong interior. TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    sir,yong po bang sport package nyo, katulad noong nasa motioncars? meron kasing review ang 320isports... pakitingin naman po, para makatulong ng malaki sa desisyon ko.. kasi sabi sa review, di raw maganda yong interior. TIA
    no problem man. btw, my car is an e46 so there will be differences vs. the e90.

i have to agree with the reviewer about the "excellent materials" and "excellent fit and finish" i also agree about the dashboard and interior being a bit plain. hindi ka talaga mapapa-"wow" pagpasok mo sa bimmer like you would in an Audi or Merc.

from the interior pic it appears that it doesn't come with the sport seats. that really sucks. the normal seats are not as comfortable imo, and certainly don't hold you in like the sport seats do. yung sport package namin sa US has sport seats, sport tuned suspension, and different wheels. from what i can tell, your sport package may only get the suspension.

biased ako pre, but i really prefer the bmw. ok lang sa akin ang medyo spartan na interior, just to get that sublime driving experience

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    no problem man. btw, my car is an e46 so there will be differences vs. the e90.

i have to agree with the reviewer about the "excellent materials" and "excellent fit and finish" i also agree about the dashboard and interior being a bit plain. hindi ka talaga mapapa-"wow" pagpasok mo sa bimmer like you would in an Audi or Merc.

from the interior pic it appears that it doesn't come with the sport seats. that really sucks. the normal seats are not as comfortable imo, and certainly don't hold you in like the sport seats do. yung sport package namin sa US has sport seats, sport tuned suspension, and different wheels. from what i can tell, your sport package may only get the suspension.

biased ako pre, but i really prefer the bmw. ok lang sa akin ang medyo spartan na interior, just to get that sublime driving experience
    Ito po ang nais kong maranasan kung papayagan nga ako na 325i e di mas ok. kaso sobrang mahal na. pero hindi naman po talagang sobrang lakas na Bimmer, tama lang .. actually yong sublime driving experience definition ko e more on BIMMER KASI ITO.. hehehe
    Last edited by bunge; September 15th, 2006 at 07:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ....i dont think sport tuned ang suspension ng sport variant dito (or is it?). trimmings lang talaga.
    I think its just a trim package....
    As for handling it has wider 225/45R17 low profile tires vs the narrower 16's on the other 320i models...

dark interior with aluminun accents(no wood)

-motioncars
    2006 BMW 320i Sport review/test:
    http://www.motioncars.com/drives/12...._01/index.html

PS: I think BMW also offers 2-tone smoked "Black Line" taillights for the E90, I saw this on one of their display units at Greenhills last month.
    It looks similar to this....
    Last edited by AG4; September 15th, 2006 at 08:44 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    like m54 i have an e46 m sport model. there is a difference in the suspension of the 'sport' and 'executive' as the former sits about half an inch to an inch lower than the latter and has a staggered setup plus the M aerodynamic kit and emblems. i would think that this would also be the case for the new e90 model you are considering or maybe baka trim nga lang. sometimes the sales executive don't know any better than you do so just double check again with them.

you may also want to do a test drive of the two models so you'd get to experience firsthand any noticeable ride quality differences between them. at first i was wary of getting the m sport because on paper it was lower and had the sport suspension but after doing the test drive i found it to be comfortable and not at all jarring as i expected. you'd love how it takes the corners and both handling and steering feedback is more communicative since it seats lower and goes exactly where you point it.

'sublime driving experience' or as BMW would put it 'sheer driving pleasure.'

whichever you choose you won't go wrong. that's a nice problem to have

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Executive or Sport?