New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    wahaha eto na ba ang famous lancer EX mo sir gh? hehe pics nga jan!

sorry OT:
    already posted in another thread.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    TS, now that you disclosed that the driver is a female. All the more you should consider a Mazda 6. I would assume she would have a hard time parking the bigger Camry.

BTW Volvo reliability is very bad. My mom used to own an S80, napilitan i trade nalang to a bimmer. Dami masyadong issues with Volvo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    And that is compared to being pinned in the car or crushed?

The fact that one is supposed to be wearing a seat-belt is being ignored by your statement.
    You're not exempt from a neck whiplash even if you're fully buckled up.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    You're not exempt from a neck whiplash even if you're fully buckled up.
    "Whiplash" is a problem if you are hit from behind and if the head support of your seats aren't installed properly.

In frontal collisions, whiplash is less of a problem in minor accidents. While in major accidents, the SRS front airbags should help support the driver & front passenger to minimize injuries.

We aren't talking about F1 speeds and impact forces here that would require a HANS device to be worn by the occupants.

But there are studies that, in case of an accident, being too close to the airbag does have negative consequences to the occupant that might lead to more injuries or even death.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TS, now that you disclosed that the driver is a female. All the more you should consider a Mazda 6. I would assume she would have a hard time parking the bigger Camry.
    Parking is not really a problem. Visibility is generally good around the Camry. And back sensors does a god job of aiding in places where you are blind.

BTW Volvo reliability is very bad. My mom used to own an S80, napilitan i trade nalang to a bimmer. Dami masyadong issues with Volvo.
    Same with my dad. He used to drive a Volvo S40. Later, after much headaches and patience of Job with Volvo's maintenance, service & parts delays, he changed to a BMW.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by civic1990 View Post
    First of all, thank you to those who have given their opinions so far. I have learned much from all your inputs.

The car will actually be driven by a middle-age lady executive, although she might use a driver every once in a while (say twice a month). However, it could happen sometime in the future that she could get a full-time driver and it would be a nice option to have a car that fits this, but it is not A MUST HAVE feature.

She isn't very particular with horsepower (that is why we are opting for the 2.0L variant), but wants a respectable image as an executive. That is why the Volvo S40 / V50 was considered because as most of you have said, volvo wins over camry in terms of porma-image.

After reading thru your posts, we will take a look at the Subaru Legacy and maybe even the Mazda 6. My first impression though is that the Mazda 6 might not get the "respect" from fellow executives who have their cars (Accord, Camry, etc.) parked beside your car. This is just my uneducated first impression but will try and learn more about the Mazda 6.

To the Subaru Legacy lovers, how would you compare it to the Camry using the same set of criteria i posted earlier? I know that the Legacy is more expensive (2 M pesos) compared to the Camry but haven't seen one actually.

FYI, she is leaning towards the Volvo V50 as of now.
    First of all, Camry, Mazda 6 or the Volvo v50 are all MID Sized cars. You will get equal respect for buying any of them.

Frankly I don't feel any of those cars are for executive use. You may get a wow reaction from common folks but from those in the know about cars all you will get is a big yawn. I often regard Mazda 6 and Camrys as middle management cars. Not to be used by VPs or CEOs.

If your buyer demands more respect then she should buy either a BMW 7 series, the new E-Class, a Lexus LS460L ,a Porsche Panamera or even better a Cadillac CTS-V.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hey I almost forgot that there's a Hyundai Genesis Luxury Sedan, but that one is over the budget of below 2m... though its a good car IMO

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *TS :: I`ve seen a few legacies already ranging from the hatch to the sedan version of it. In different colors actually, the black being the most common. All I can say is, it's really a stunner maybe because we're not used in seeing it unlike the Camry and, maybe because of it's new and refreshed looks.

On the other hand ... you've said that HER office mates are going in with a Camry, so why join the " group " .... have something different like the 3.5 V6 Accord maybe ?

Genesis Sedan ...

Subaru Legacy Sedan

Honda Accord.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First of all, Camry, Mazda 6 or the Volvo v50 are all MID Sized cars. You will get equal respect for buying any of them.

Frankly I don't feel any of those cars are for executive use. You may get a wow reaction from common folks but from those in the know about cars all you will get is a big yawn. I often regard Mazda 6 and Camrys as middle management cars. Not to be used by VPs or CEOs.

If your buyer demands more respect then she should buy either a BMW 7 series, the new E-Class, a Lexus LS460L ,a Porsche Panamera or even better a Cadillac CTS-V.
    The point is getting missed. The point is the TS is going for a bigger car for the size and comfort and not for the "wow" factor.

In the Philippines, people who like to show off their "wealth" are potential future kidnap for ransom victims.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

In the Philippines, people who like to show off their "wealth" are potential future kidnap for ransom victims.
    +1 on this. the kidnappers will ask the same amount you paid for the luxurious vehicle. maybe even 10x

i prefer the more common(the "executive looking" camry) but meets my requirements. second is the accord, maiba naman, ganda din nito eh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Executive Car:  Toyota Camry vs Volvo V50 / S40