Hey guys! I just recently discovered tsikot and man what a great online community you have here!

I would like to get your inputs on the best value-for-money 2.0L SUV to buy, given my P1.1 M budget (max). Our company's car plan has just been upgraded so I think it's about time to replace my good old Vios. After shopping around various car dealers in the metro, I only have 3 options given my budget (i think):

> Ford Escape (P1.050M) -- although i heard a lot about it being 'gas-guzzling'... is this true?
> Hyundai Tucson -- their new model is really wow! its very affordable price is also a plus factor (P1.038 for the GL) but is it really too good to be true?
> X-Trail (P1.084M) -- i like its no-nonsense features but my wife feels that its too manly for her taste. i heard they're coming out with a new model this year but this is only for their 2.5L variant (so that's out of my budget)

Here are the factors that I'm considering:
1. Should be powerful enough to withstand the daily Antipolo-Ortigas-Antipolo grind. Dapat talaga malakas ang hatak to climb the hilly slopes of Antipolo
2. Fuel efficient
3. Nice comfortableride for me and my family (I'm a new dad with a 5-month old baby, btw)
4. Nice exteriors and interiors are a plus

What do you guys think?? I also like the Mazda CX-7 and the CR-V but it's really beyond my budget.

Would really appreciate all your comments! TIA!!