New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    * newdad
    Agree! What I don't like about the old x-trail is yung placement ng instrument cluster nila na nasa gitna.

The new X-trail IC has been placed back on the driver side for the new X-trail. Nasanay na ako sa middle yun IC kasi ang laki ng view sa driver side and may compartment sa harap mo so you it's convenient.

*SG
    Tama. Pero hindi nila kaya yung CRDi R e-VGT.

Yup sayang nga. Ayaw ilabas dito yun diesel na X-trail. Maswerte talaga mga sa Australia. Pero sa Indonesia parang meron diesel variant sa website nila. But still, a 2.0L engine will still be a good option in developing countries since it's cheaper.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sachiel: Ano ba yung engine ng new X-Trail dito?

2.5L lang?

Nabasa ko yung price 1.3M ata yung 2WD tapos 1.55M yung 4WD

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *SG

Yun QR25 lng meron dito. So yun 2.0L is yun old X-trail pa rin na QR20 engine. In other countries the new X-trail has the new MR20 engine for the the 2.0L and the same QR25 engine for the 2.5L. Yun new Sentra gamit rin yun MR20 engine. Mas fuel efficient yun MR20 sa QR20 kaya they should launch it here, kahit later dumating ok lng.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ah QR20DE parin. Grabe ang lakas sa gas nyan

Yung 200X ng GF ko nakaka 6.2km/L lang sa city drive

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    O nga. Ako nga 4x2 lng halos 6.8-7km/L sa city, assuming my driver don't use it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kaya ayaw nya yung GL Tucson dahil bungi pagdating sa features.Isa lang ang airbag. Though pero puwede naman ang M/T GL variant over sa 6 Speed A/T.

Binago nanaman ang grille ng Escape lately ha.
    yup! they changed the front grille from chrome to honey-combed black ata yung tawag dun. mas sporty daw kasi but the chrome grille is also okay with me...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Kasi.. Isa lang yung airbag, no ABS, no EBD, no fog lights, no leather seats.. Sa bagay, GL nga diba.

Ang palagi mong i consider kung 2 ang SRS Airbag at may ABS & EBD. Yung iba like fogs, leather seats, etc, pwede naman additional nalang.. Pero yung safety system mahirap gawing add-on.

Renzo: diba walang J, V, GLX, L dito sa amin?
    Guys, what if we're comparing only the Escape XLT with the Tucson GLS. In terms of safety features i think pareho na lang sila, although in terms of pricing mas competitive ang Escape since very generous ang Ford in giving discounts (as high as P65k since this will be for my company car plan). Which one would you choose? help please, i'm already getting confused. .... TIA!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Escape ako. :thumbup:

Premium lang gusto ko sa tucson, kagaya kay SG.
    :rofl01:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Escape is more family oriented, being American, and has a very durable chassis, spacious interior and comfortable ride, like the Suzuki Grand Vitara, it is also quite capable off road, for a CUV that is. Though I have heard of it being somewhat of a gas guzzler. I have an aunt who has the 2003 2.0XLT 4x4 and she goes to Antipolo regularly every week. The car is still alive and well after all these years (we all know how women are with cars, and my aunt has a lead foot), there are no squeaks from the suspension, the ride is really comfy and the aircon is very cool though being a 130hp 2.0 with the 4 speed AT, it is rather underpowered , and so the fuel economy suffers. I don't know much about the new Tucson, but if you can afford to stretch your budget, the diesel is the one to get. But if not, the gasoline 2.0 might also be a good buy, having the highest hp rating among the 2.0's in its class and a 6 speed AT. It would also be wise to read the reviews in motioncars.com for more information.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Escape is more family oriented, being American, and has a very durable chassis, spacious interior and comfortable ride, like the Suzuki Grand Vitara, it is also quite capable off road, for a CUV that is. Though I have heard of it being somewhat of a gas guzzler. I have an aunt who has the 2003 2.0XLT 4x4 and she goes to Antipolo regularly every week. The car is still alive and well after all these years (we all know how women are with cars, and my aunt has a lead foot), there are no squeaks from the suspension, the ride is really comfy and the aircon is very cool though being a 130hp 2.0 with the 4 speed AT, it is rather underpowered , and so the fuel economy suffers. I don't know much about the new Tucson, but if you can afford to stretch your budget, the diesel is the one to get. But if not, the gasoline 2.0 might also be a good buy, having the highest hp rating among the 2.0's in its class and a 6 speed AT. It would also be wise to read the reviews in motioncars.com for more information.
    thanks guys! looks like Ford Escape XLT it is over the new Tucson. being a family-man, performance, spacious interiors and comfort are more important to me than the aesthetics! not to say that the Escape is not beautiful, it's just that the new Tucson is a head-turner because of its cutting edge fluidic design na kakaiba lang talaga vs the conservative and no-nonsense design of the Escape. oh well, maluluma din naman yun eh! hehehe! in terms of fuel economy, pareho namang gas (out of budget yung diesel ng Tucson) so i guess that it should be the same (around 7-8 km/L). finally, it would take 3-6 months pa daw to get the gas Tucson vs Escape na anytime pwede mo nang iuwi! That's the clincher for me! LOL

i just have to test drive both vehicles just to be sure. Thanks again, guys!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Escape vs Tucson vs X-Trail