New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Suzuki Vitara ... It is better than the Ford Ecosport ... It even beats the Subaru XV in some reviews abroad ...

That high ground clearance of the Ford Ecosport comes at the expense of ride and handling quality ...
    Last edited by Walter; September 26th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    My dad owns a Ford Lynx and a Ford Everest. The Ford dealer's head mechanic advised him to stay away from the Ecosport to avoid future maintenance issues, problems and cost. So if I were in your place, I'd go for the Vitara. I've extensively reviewed the Vitara as well since I initially planned to buy one this November, based on reviews, FC is very good and a bang for the buck, over all. NVH, interior and throttle response could be improved but it makes up for having a relatively lower price tag then its competitors.

I hope to have helped. Good luck.

[OT - after reviewing and drive testing the Navara NP300, at least personally, it is now my choice. God willing, I should have purchased one before November 2018]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Get the Suzuki Vitara ... It is better than the Ford Ecosport ... It even beats the Subaru XV in some reviews abroad ...

That high ground clearance of the Ford Ecosport comes at the expense of ride and handling quality ...
    As if the Vitara handles well compared to others. For what Suzuki offers locally, it is not even at par with the XV we have here. If ride and handling is a key consideration for a small crossover, the choice has to be a CX3 or an XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by acunacun View Post
    My dad owns a Ford Lynx and a Ford Everest. The Ford dealer's head mechanic advised him to stay away from the Ecosport to avoid future maintenance issues, problems and cost. So if I were in your place, I'd go for the Vitara. I've extensively reviewed the Vitara as well since I initially planned to buy one this November, based on reviews, FC is very good and a bang for the buck, over all. NVH, interior and throttle response could be improved but it makes up for having a relatively lower price tag then its competitors.

I hope to have helped. Good luck.

[OT - after reviewing and drive testing the Navara NP300, at least personally, it is now my choice. God willing, I should have purchased one before November 2018]
    The question is when did he give the advice? The old ecosport with DCT is know to be problematic. Updated na yung transmission ngayon. Dapat informed na ang mga tao na conventional auto na ngayon, di na DCT.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lexbon88 View Post
    This thread is quite timely for me! I’m about to get the Vitara GL+ the papers are in the works and might get the unit by Oct. BUT as I read on the eco sports the higher ground clearance is a factor albeit by a few inches. the underwhelming interior of Vitara does not help. Interior of eco sports is classier. The 1.0 turbo also fits better in my budget.
    I am not a technical guy but on that aspect Vitara seems a tad better.

Parts and service b ng ford ok ba?

Haha help me decide :-)
    ford parts? even doors nakikita ko dinedeliver Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost vs Suzuki Vitara

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    The question is when did he give the advice? The old ecosport with DCT is know to be problematic. Updated na yung transmission ngayon. Dapat informed na ang mga tao na conventional auto na ngayon, di na DCT.
    Do you own one? I am aware of the said issues on DCT and what not and that they are trying to resell it with the new EcoSport, but with such a bad record in the past (at least with the model concerned) and Ford's high maintenance cost in general, especially after warranty (based on personal experience) - I wouldn't want to gamble my money on one. Ford parts replacement cost.. ay ay ay...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I own a titanium for a year now and have never encountered the dct problem. However, the bad reviews and scary stories are affecting me I may not buy another ford model again.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by acunacun View Post
    Do you own one? I am aware of the said issues on DCT and what not and that they are trying to resell it with the new EcoSport, but with such a bad record in the past (at least with the model concerned) and Ford's high maintenance cost in general, especially after warranty (based on personal experience) - I wouldn't want to gamble my money on one. Ford parts replacement cost.. ay ay ay...
    I own a focus ecoboost with the 6 speed torque converter. If this is the same transmission that will be used in the updated ecosport then it will be pretty reliable.

Just like what I said, kung Honda or Subaru or some other Japanese brand pumalpak ang transmission, patawad agad, bibili ng next gen model pa rin... pero kung American cars, bad record na, mahirap ma erase sa history, sira ang reputasyon, etc... hmm....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I own a focus ecoboost with the 6 speed torque converter. If this is the same transmission that will be used in the updated ecosport then it will be pretty reliable.

Just like what I said, kung Honda or Subaru or some other Japanese brand pumalpak ang transmission, patawad agad, bibili ng next gen model pa rin... pero kung American cars, bad record na, mahirap ma erase sa history, sira ang reputasyon, etc... hmm....
    Pana-panahon lang yan sir. Fresh pa kasi yung DCT debacle ng Ford samantalang matagal na yung CVT issues ng City. Hell, it was like three City generations ago. If Ford comes out with newer models na maayos then I guess mapagbibigyan rin sila over time.

Give them a chance to redeem themselves.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Pana-panahon lang yan sir. Fresh pa kasi yung DCT debacle ng Ford samantalang matagal na yung CVT issues ng City. Hell, it was like three City generations ago. If Ford comes out with newer models na maayos then I guess mapagbibigyan rin sila over time.

Give them a chance to redeem themselves.
    Oo nga. But according to StockEngine may issues pa rin daw yung current CVT ng Honda City... and I’ve heard read reports of faulty CVT of 2014-2015 Subaru, may recall pa nga daw... but no one seems to be talking about them that much. Granted its not as widespread as the DCT issue but still...

And you’re right, give them chance to redeem themselves. People shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Pinalitan na nila ang transmission to regular auto, might as well try it first before giving a verdict.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast