Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would assume local market variety...

Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Anong engine ba ng Vitara nitutukoy u?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ah.. Yung facelifted kase wala na yung 1.6L, pinalitan na ng 1L turbo.

So to the TS, consider mo yung facelifted Vitara as well.

Pero most likely similar figures lang yung dalawang yan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yep the faulty DCT's are no more. but you still can't erase it from history. after having owned an eco for 1yr now it just feels like a low-quality car
    Parang ganun din naman nangyari dati sa faulty 1st gen CVT ng Honda... Yet people bought the next generation's 5 speed conventional auto... Wonder why people are harsh against American cars pero pag Japanese madaling mapatawad...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Parang ganun din naman nangyari dati sa faulty 1st gen CVT ng Honda... Yet people bought the next generation's 5 speed conventional auto... Wonder why people are harsh against American cars pero pag Japanese madaling mapatawad...

LOL sino ba nagpatawad kay honda? actually their CVT screw-up still casts a shadow of doubt over their CVT reliability up to this day

but you have to compare the relative scale: the ford DCT fiasco is a much bigger screw-up than the honda CVT ever was just compare the numbers. considering the ecosport has only been out for like 4yrs. honda GD cvt has been out for like 15yrs now

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Strangely okay pa din yung 2007 IDSI CVT City namin.

Baka nasa maintenance lang talaga..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In terms of performance, foreign sites say the new Ecosport Ecoboost is not that quick (10+ seconds from 0-100kmh) but they might say the same for most of our local vehicles here. Not as quick as the Fiesta Ecoboost but quicker than an Everest or as quick as other small crossovers with bigger engines.

I seriously doubt the Vitara can match that performance from its 1.6L NA engine unless it is much lighter than the Ecosport Ecoboost. Is there any indication of Suzuki bringing over their turbo engines to the local market? A Swift with a 1.6L turbo will be surely something fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In terms of performance, foreign sites say the new Ecosport Ecoboost is not that quick (10+ seconds from 0-100kmh) but they might say the same for most of our local vehicles here. Not as quick as the Fiesta Ecoboost but quicker than an Everest or as quick as other small crossovers with bigger engines.

I seriously doubt the Vitara can match that performance from its 1.6L NA engine unless it is much lighter than the Ecosport Ecoboost. Is there any indication of Suzuki bringing over their turbo engines to the local market? A Swift with a 1.6L turbo will be surely something fun to drive.

turbos can be boosted more too [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    turbos can be boosted more too [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Asia models only get the 125hp/170Nm tune for the 1.0L turbo engine while Europe gets three tunes (100hp, 125hp, 140hp). A first stage remap kit can bring the figures up to 150hp/210Nm. I think the 6AT tranny is good up to 300Nm or even more if it is the same as the one used on the Escape 2.0L Ecoboost.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    This thread is quite timely for me! I’m about to get the Vitara GL+ the papers are in the works and might get the unit by Oct. BUT as I read on the eco sports the higher ground clearance is a factor albeit by a few inches. the underwhelming interior of Vitara does not help. Interior of eco sports is classier. The 1.0 turbo also fits better in my budget.
    I am not a technical guy but on that aspect Vitara seems a tad better.

Parts and service b ng ford ok ba?

Haha help me decide :-)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lexbon88 View Post

Parts and service b ng ford ok ba?
    Well, it is something that needs improvement within our local scene. Hehehe

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast