New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Objectively, I can see why the Soul gets a lot of praise as long as price isn't a factor. Looks great, has a willing chassis, great kit.

Subjectively though, I just don't like it. It's just not for me. Ironic though, since I probably belong to the target age group of the Soul. I guess I'm old school when it comes to cars.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    double post.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    triple post.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Great thread, had fun reading Niky's comparisons.

Out of the lineup, the CY4A Lancer and the FD Civic (albeit in 1.8V A/T form) are in our garage. The Lancer EX GT has inferior plastics fit and finish, and not a lot of toys, but also has great seats. Haven't driven it yet, but riding shotgun, it seems to punish untidy driving and a heavy throttle foot applied where it isn't appropriate. If only I could fish the keys out of my dad's pockets I'd drive it myself and see how it goes with a more genteel style...

I've grumbled time and again about how unwieldy the FD Civic is to drive in tight Manila streets so it'll have to come a distant second. It's a shame because it feels a bit friendlier than the Lancer, although ride comfort isn't anything special. The R18A1 engine is plenty powerful enough, although the bigger K20Z will be more desirable for modification purposes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Duelo de Dos Litros