So here's the situation, a relative of mine, a girl, is in the market for a second hand automatic car to be used as her second car.

Requirements aren't really that specific, but has to be at least 2000 model & above. Preferably 10 years or younger.
Should be an automatic
Doesn't eat up on gas like an expedition -- she gets it, automatic drinks more gas than a manual.. and she's okay with it.

Budget is 250-270k-ish.

I suggested a Picanto at first, been seeing ads of 04 AT Picantos that are within the budget but figured it might be better if she'd buy a Lancer MX AT instead. I know the choices aren't really plenty but can you guys at least list down cars that fits the budget and can be considered as one of the choices?

Is the Picanto any good? My relative in Visayas has a Picanto as their daily driver and I had the chance to drive it, it was efficient even though it was an AT, it has bad NVH but for a small ass car, it's decent enough. But it was an 07 model, was thinking if the 03-04 ish Picanto is the same?

For the MX, does it share the same suspension issues as the older Pizzas? Honestly, the car looks nice.

And I also suggested the Type Z City AT. Oks ba yung ATs niya? Been hearing good stuff about the MT Type Z pero AT not so much.

Was also recommending the 00' Corolla GLi. Pero it would be better nga if she gets something newer.

Sentras are out of the picture. Sorry.

Thanks Tsikot!