New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko 4m41 pa rin ang the most powerful 4 cylinder diesel engine daw. best in its class. katakot lang talaga ang disel natin sa pinas. same case din sa malaysia and other asean countries. masisira ang injectors and all u have to do is replace it. may nakausap nga me sa ssangyong, labas na kasi yung 2.7crdi na rexton.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    though I still haven't heard of X5 3.0d problems with the fuel injectors...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    though I still haven't heard of X5 3.0d problems with the fuel injectors...
    maybe because of the pride of the owners and dealers, hindi na nila pinagsasabi. ang mahal mahal ng X5 tapos mabilis masira! syempre kahit ako ang may X5 tatahimik nalang ako! kantyawan pa ako ng mga jeepney drivers :bwahaha:
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plus the fact that x5 owners don't use their x5 that often. normal usage on crdi engines will only last about 2 to 3 years and the injectors will just f$%^d up. mga 24 to 30thousand kms. im sure x5 owners will around 4 to 5 years or even longer to reach that mileage. maybe that's why til now, la pa complaints. plus the pride thing. saangyong and kia are already stocking up on their injectors for the crdi models of their vehicles.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dami na reklamo sa D4D. Innova ng pinsan ko bigla na lang tumirik last week. Nasa casa pa rin daw ngaun.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what's AFAIK? sensya na bago lang. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ot: As Far As I Know.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The same technology lang ang ginamit sa D4D at DiD which is common rail fuel system at direct injection naman sa engine.

Ang pinaka malaking difference lang ay ang brand at specs ng parts na ginamit. I've heard na marami na ang nagkakaproblema sa 2.5 D4D, sa DiD wala pa pero iilan pa lang kasi ang mayroon nito. I've also heard that the 2.5 CRDI ng KIA/Hyundai(Bosch fuel system) ay mas durable than the 2.5 D4D ng Toyota(Denso fuel system).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hello, i'm new here.

most direct injection systems used by car manufacturers are made by OEM suppliers like bosch or denso. by the time they are installed on different manufacturer's vehicles, their marketing departments take over and give them fancy names.

next gen CRDI units feature piezo electric injectors (as opposed to solenoid activated injectors) which can inject fuel much more rapidly and accurately than current injectors. these units boost engine power 10-15% versus regular CRDI equipped units. some manufacturers in europe now feature engines equipped with both old and new systems (standard and high power). however, piezo electric injectors are even more sensitive to fuel quality, so we shouldn't expect them here anytime soon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suvfan_1
    next gen CRDI units feature piezo electric injectors (as opposed to solenoid activated injectors)
    hehe, parang printhead ng inkjet printers a
    Signature

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
D4D vs DiD