New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    No love for the 2014 Forester, doc?

But I guess she'll prefer the CRV, among the current picks
    Honestly, if it were just me, I would definitely get the forester or the sorento. But I said to my misis that it would be her pick and not mine, hehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Wouldn't she be testing one?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dami palang Nissanbayaners dito.

If seh needs a mommy-car, the CRV is still one of the best. They've improved the ride now. The previous gen was softer than the stupid Gen2, this is softer still, but stable.

I love the low loaeing floor, the jacknife folding rear seats. One touch lang, folded na... And the economy is great if she goes for the 2.0. Backseat much larger than Sportage, and the doors don't hit you in the face. i know a few Sportage owners who got a nasty shock when opening those rear doors...

The Sportage is a more exciting, more luxurious feelong car, but for practical considerations, can't beat the CRV. Unless you're going for the diesel... In which case, you have an excuse to exercise your male prerogative and push for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between CR-V and Sportage, unless you're going CRDi, i'd go for the CR-V, hands down. If you're considering for the diesel version Sportage... mas mahirap mag decide so test drive.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Sportage has noticeably body roll in corners, and isn't really the sportiest of CUVs, despite the name. The CR-V's worse, because it feels lumpy and large when you throw it in a corner, and the feather-light steering isn't very communicative.

Both don't hold a candle to the CX-5.

Of course, handling is a moot point to bring up to your wife. Anyway, between the two, a diesel Sportage is where I'd spend my money on (if I had that money). Power, frugality, looks, price. CR-V's definitely more spacious and feels more upscale, but it's nowhere as charming as the gen1 CR-V.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    My wife got to take a look at the CRV and Sportage both on display at SM North Edsa....saved us the time of going to the dealerships, hehe. She liked both cars but I think she was swayed by the CRDi Sportage's practicality and lower fuel consumption. Barring any changes, I think she has made her choice

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Naku, eh di enjoy ka rin doc. CRDi Sportage eh. CRDi !!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'd also go with the Sportage basta CRDi. Fan ako ng diesel engines ng Korean cars.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    My wife got to take a look at the CRV and Sportage both on display at SM North Edsa....saved us the time of going to the dealerships, hehe. She liked both cars but I think she was swayed by the CRDi Sportage's practicality and lower fuel consumption. Barring any changes, I think she has made her choice
    Like!

Basta CRDi, Sportage na yan pards. Just tell the wifey to gas up at stations that you're sure of the diesel fuel quality and you'll be fine.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Yup, I'll tell her to gas up at Unioil

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast