New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    In a couple of months, I'm planning on getting a new ride for my wife. She is currently driving a Gen2 CRV. Requirements are the CUV should be easy to drive, comfortable and enough room for groceries and strollers. Features and bang for your buck are a bonus. My current options are the 2013 CRV 2.4S, Subaru XV, Kia Sportage CRDi, RAV4 4x2 full option, Mitsu ASX, Mazda CX5. What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    CX5 sir

if room for groceries and strollers (plural?) is a concern, the Subaru XV or the Sportage don't really have a lot of trunk space. You'll be folding rear seats. Not too sure about the ASX also.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What about the Nissan Xtrail CVT?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Forum Runner (wishing tapatalk is already working)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    if room for groceries and strollers (plural?) is a concern, the Subaru XV or the Sportage don't really have a lot of trunk space. You'll be folding rear seats. Not too sure about the ASX also.
    I think this is exaggerated. Heck, when I was a kid, we'd bring strollers and groceries in the trunk of our AE101. The Sportage, despite having less cargo space than other CUVs, still has more room than an AE101's trunk.

Unless you fill your car up with 2 months worth of groceries all the time, any of the CUVs would suffice. I'd recommend the Sportage CRDi for its practicality and relatively low sticker price.

The CR-V takes the cake for interior and cargo room if you need it. The CX-5 is the most fun to drive among all the CUVs that I've tried, and is also among the most fuel efficient among the gas-fed CUVs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the Sportage, with its compact looks and bang for the buck price, would be a good soccer mom's car.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Kung cargo space ang usapan, CRV, X-Trail, and Captiva yan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    What about the Nissan Xtrail CVT?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Forum Runner (wishing tapatalk is already working)
    If my first suggestion cannot be considered, I would have to go for the Sportage. Would have picked the CX5 since I really like it, and it looks fun to drive around too, but I think the Sportage would suit your wife better.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    In a couple of months, I'm planning on getting a new ride for my wife. She is currently driving a Gen2 CRV. Requirements are the CUV should be easy to drive, comfortable and enough room for groceries and strollers. Features and bang for your buck are a bonus. My current options are the 2013 CRV 2.4S, Subaru XV, Kia Sportage CRDi, RAV4 4x2 full option, Mitsu ASX, Mazda CX5. What do you guys think?
    I suggest you bring your wife to the showroom to personally check out the cars in question. Bring the strollers and perhaps a few loaded plastic bags simulating groceries if you want to check out the cargo space.

Considering that you seem to have no problems when it comes to price and gas mileage, and since I believe this wouldn't be driven hard on a regular basis, I suggest you prioritize the new CRV. You get trademark excellent Honda quality, a high revving engine should you wish to open up every so often, 4x4 if you get adventurous, and quite a lot of features.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    If wifey really not concern about the looks, I will get an Alterra instead than a CUV. Kahit pa dalahin sa wet market or farmer's market at kargahan ng durian o buwig na saging. Besides mas malaki at mas matibay ang built. Kargador talaga.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast