New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Mukhang yung XV out na nga because of the limited cargo space, but yung sportage ba talaga maliit din ang cargo space? Sa looks department kasi isa mga gusto niya yung sportage. But according to you guys medyo stiff ang ride kaya she might not like the ride....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My vote is RAV4, its the newest and big enough for your wife's stuff secondly the CRV, but if you want practicality sportage crdi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    konti lang ang laki ng sorento sa latest CRV...

yung sportage mas maliit pero mas "sporty" yan...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Mukhang yung XV out na nga because of the limited cargo space, but yung sportage ba talaga maliit din ang cargo space? Sa looks department kasi isa mga gusto niya yung sportage. But according to you guys medyo stiff ang ride kaya she might not like the ride....
    it's stiffer than the Tucson (lesser difference), Ford Escape and gen 2.5 Santa Fe (greater difference) but nowhere near the likes of a Montero. this was my initial impression and it continued till last year.

but now that I think about it, i don't notice it so much recently. baka settle/loosen na? i guess the best way to see is for the missus to do a test drive.

as for the cargo space, you could probably fit 7-9 boxes of 2L Absolute mineral water under the tonneau cover, give or take. that's not a lot for a CUV.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    konti lang ang laki ng sorento sa latest CRV...

yung sportage mas maliit pero mas "sporty" yan...
    get a RaceChip, and you'll find it even more "sporty"-er!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The Mazda CX5 gets my vote then the ASX. For me mas bagay sa wifey yung ASX but lamang sa overall features and package ang CX5 IMO.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    CRV
    CX-5
    Forester current gen
    RAV4

Rav4 is last because I just saw it and the cargo area is not very big. Escape has a bigger cargo. She might want to consider Forester, I think they still offer discounts for the current gen. But my top pick is CX-5 even though CRV is more practical. Test drive also as this helps a lot in decision making.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks guys, knowing my wife, she does not have the patience to test drive all the options. She can test drive 2 at most 3 CUVs only, so need to narrow them down to this number, hehe.

Kung ako lang, I'll test drive them all, hehe.
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; February 25th, 2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: additional info

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Im on the same predicament but im leaning more towards Subaru XV due to the fact that i feel its more safer, easier to drive less stressful to park due to its width..

id like korean made also but having bad experience from CRDI engines our diesel is not that clean with the CRDI coming out. you will spend more repairs on injection problems that will cost an arm and a leg when warranty expires.. list of my crdi that had problems, is my 2009 monty and nav,

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    Im on the same predicament but im leaning more towards Subaru XV due to the fact that i feel its more safer, easier to drive less stressful to park due to its width..

id like korean made also but having bad experience from CRDI engines our diesel is not that clean with the CRDI coming out. you will spend more repairs on injection problems that will cost an arm and a leg when warranty expires.. list of my crdi that had problems, is my 2009 monty and nav,
    At 47tkms, our 2008 Santa Fe CRDi has no engine problems so far. Considering that Hyundai CRDi systems use Bosch and majority of Japanese commonrail systems employ Denso systems, there is a difference when it comes to reliability. Fuel used is Shell V-Power diesel, by the way.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If she can't test drive too many, then at least she should see it in person first in the showrooms. The small issues can become big issues if you don't do careful research.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast