New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I decided to get the CRV2.0 MT over the Montero 2.5 MT after having read alot of complaints and issues here in Tsikot with the Montero.

I cancelled my order for Montero sport after i read issues here in Tsikot. I am not willing tho take the risk at all!

Honestly, i was very disappointed after reading the issues and complaints about the montero sport since it was my 1st choice.

i feel that its just not worth spending more than 1M for a brand new car and then ending up with alot of issues a few months later, squeeking sounds, rack and pinion and underpower issues as montero owners have pointed out.

the only complaint i found with the CRV here in tsikot is regarding fuel consumption, which i honestly dont mind since i am based here in Cebu.

I would gladly pay for fuel than replacement parts, even if the vehicle is under warranty i feel it is just not worth it going back to CASA after only 3 months from getting the unit.

I test drove the CRV and really felt i was on a first class jet. I must admit the montero has more features but in the end it boils down to time and the cost of taking care of your ride.

your threads have helped me alot with my decision. Thank you Tsikot.

As for you car enthusiasts, do you think i made the right choice? your feedback would be highly appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Na-avail mo ba yung 20K Pesos discount ngayon sa CRV?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    yep! plus alot of Freebies. unit will be ready for pick up next week. Kuha na!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The only thing I hate about the CRV is its face. 'nuff said. Comparing it to a Monty is like comparing Michael Jackson and Brad Pitt in masculinity.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you don't need the extra 2 seats that the Montero offers plus it's high ground clearance then I guess your choice was okay since you said that you got a lot of discounts which I think saved you a lot compared to the Monty.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas macho Montero sa labas, pero sa loob mas macho ang CR-V... Its like a big bodybuilder pero liit pala ng jr. nya, while the CR-V might be a lampayatot pero his jr. is much longer and versatile hehehe

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Mas macho Montero sa labas, pero sa loob mas macho ang CR-V... Its like a big bodybuilder pero liit pala ng jr. nya, while the CR-V might be a lampayatot pero his jr. is much longer and versatile hehehe
    ayos ang comparo mo sir Sherwin hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The one big problem with the CR-V is really the stiff-ish ride and seats... but having ridden in the new CR-V... apparently the last MMC fixed the ride part, and the new interior trim is actually nice... should wear better than the trim on our car, which is wearing badly after just two years.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyandgreg View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I decided to get the CRV2.0 MT over the Montero 2.5 MT after having read alot of complaints and issues here in Tsikot with the Montero.

I cancelled my order for Montero sport after i read issues here in Tsikot. I am not willing tho take the risk at all!

Honestly, i was very disappointed after reading the issues and complaints about the montero sport since it was my 1st choice.

i feel that its just not worth spending more than 1M for a brand new car and then ending up with alot of issues a few months later, squeeking sounds, rack and pinion and underpower issues as montero owners have pointed out.

the only complaint i found with the CRV here in tsikot is regarding fuel consumption, which i honestly dont mind since i am based here in Cebu.

I would gladly pay for fuel than replacement parts, even if the vehicle is under warranty i feel it is just not worth it going back to CASA after only 3 months from getting the unit.

I test drove the CRV and really felt i was on a first class jet. I must admit the montero has more features but in the end it boils down to time and the cost of taking care of your ride.

your threads have helped me alot with my decision. Thank you Tsikot.

As for you car enthusiasts, do you think i made the right choice? your feedback would be highly appreciated!

kwento ko sayo yun isa kong kakilala na sobrang successful na lawyer.

years ago, ang galing nya sobra sa career. ambilis nya na-put up ang law firm. mga high level clients ang nakukuha nya. and so bumili sya ng bigger office space. as in bumili na sya sa sobrang success nya, hindi na lease.

ang car nya eh Ford Escape. this year, pinalitan nya ng Montero Sport.
    then lately parang lagi sya stressed, harassed, ang gulo-gulo ng mukha niya pag nakikita namin. tapos pag weekends na mayroon kami i-try na bagong restaurant lagi sya nagrereklamo ba't daw ang lalayo samantalang dati sya pa promotor kahit sa Clark nag-food trip kami

last time, nang-away pa sya sa phone at hindi kami sinipot kasi daw bakit pina-park sya sa malayo tapos paglalakarin pa daw sya ng close to half a kilometer sa meeting place restaurant namin. di na nya kami sinipot.

. ngaun mas gusto pa daw nya sa office na lang tapos uwi tapos office dahil sobrang naka-stressed daw. di ko lang masabi sa Montero sport nya tlaga yun, kase ako nun naka Mitsu strada noon parang ang tamad-tamad lumabas

she's a girl btw.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    minus 3rd row seats
    minus the diesel engine
    minus ground clearance
    minus engine power (try to also compare to a santa fe)
    minus features
    minus tagtag?
    minus headaches
    = crv

i'd rather prefer the look of the current crv anytime than the monstero's

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
CRV over Montero