May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Shhhhh! Baka dumami kami!
    Kasama ako diyan Niky..gusto ko na ibenta sakin kaso walang worthy ipalit

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Kasama ako diyan Niky..gusto ko na ibenta sakin kaso walang worthy ipalit
    Yun yung mahirap, eh... sana manalo tayo sa lotto...

Para makabili ng isang luxury car... at isa pang Crosswind.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Aww... Too bad, you could've checked out the other offerings in the market like the SF and Sorento. If you don't like diesels, they do have gas engines and 6 speed transmissions for better FC.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyandgreg View Post
    hi sir,

im not here to offend MS owners i decided to get the crv instead based sa mahaba na thread regarding issues with the montero ive seen here in tsikot. thats all. peace
    You based your decision on one thread here. You are having a laugh. you dont even know if all the posters here are who they say they are. The MS is the best selling SUV in The PI. By this alone; there are more owners so in turn the potential of more problem but not necessary percentage wise as another less popular vehicle. Of course the CRV is not an SUV but more of a crossover.

I was interested in buying one, but because its really a softroader together with the fact that it is not available with the superb Honda diesel engine put me off.

Also there will be an all new CR-V in the coming year.

The Honda is a nice car, and both my brothers have them in Europe. One is Petrol the other diesel. The reason the younger one bought Gasoline enigine was because the diesel did not come in Auto (it does now).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toronegro View Post
    proud monty owner here for 2 years and 3 months now, so far so good..
    kahit 1 month palang namin nagagamit yung monty hanep 170kph easyng easy..Fuel consumption matipid! porma

dito nga mga naka fortuner nagmontero e hehehe

and iba talaga dating ng montero SUV talaga..
    no offense sa CRV owners para kang bumili ng mataas na Civic

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Eh yung mga ASX naman parang bumili ng mataas na Lancer

I tried comparing the looks of my past FD and my CR-V, hindi naman sila magkamukha hehehe, we bought the CR-V for comfort, it turns out na hindi pala talaga, matagtag din. hahaha. CR-V is not a higher Civic IMHO..

BTW, Honda CR-V is a CUV, nagkakamali lang siguro yung iba.. Hindi talaga SUV ang CR-V, CUV siya. Montero Sport is a SUV.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; December 12th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Tsikoteers, Thank you all for your comments.

We currently have a 2001 honda city MT and a 1999mitsubishi eclipse AT.

Based on my personal experience the honda city has not given me any problems at all until now it still runs great. tune up, wipers and break pads lang regular kong pinapalitan, besides that wala akong reklamo.

Our eclipse on the other hand which my mother acquired brand new in 1999 started having alot of serious issues after only 3yrs. replaced alternator, regular overheating, door handles became brittle and broke off, thud sound when shifting, sqeeking noises on with steering wheel and suspension. Some of these issues gets fixed but re-appears again eventually. A few common issues i have pointed out apparently still appear on the MS based on what i have read here sa tsikot.

Of course, i was very dissapointed since i already paid a reservation fee with Mitsubishi for the montero, i do not want to go through the same ordeal with our eclipse. I know that a sedan is completely different from an SUV but bottom line is they are of the same manufacturer.

Also phoned a friend who owns a montero and asked how his unit is doing after 9months na sa kanya. his feedback is so far so good naman raw but he does hear some squeeking with steering wheel and medyo may amoy raw aircon but he doesnt mind naman raw. hehe for me, malaking factor na kc yan.

I am simply sharing my personal experience comparing both brands. I hope my opinion also helps other people who has the same dilemma i had before deciding to go for the CRV or Montero.

i strongly agree that the MS is more gwapo and macho but the biggest factor for me is what happens in the next few years.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    You based your decision on one thread here. You are having a laugh. you dont even know if all the posters here are who they say they are. The MS is the best selling SUV in The PI. By this alone; there are more owners so in turn the potential of more problem but not necessary percentage wise as another less popular vehicle. Of course the CRV is not an SUV but more of a crossover.

I was interested in buying one, but because its really a softroader together with the fact that it is not available with the superb Honda diesel engine put me off.

Also there will be an all new CR-V in the coming year.

The Honda is a nice car, and both my brothers have them in Europe. One is Petrol the other diesel. The reason the younger one bought Gasoline enigine was because the diesel did not come in Auto (it does now).
    kaya maraming montero owners ngaun kasi nga akala na parang status quo ang montero sport

it's a mitsu like the ever popular pajero

it's bigger, higher at mukang durable

somehow it gives an essence of power to the owner or whatever that is. Most owners I know today came from the corolla/civic generation

use it for 5 years, ewan ko lang kung hindi sumuko driver owner kaka-drive nyan. by that time, sobrang congested pa siguro lalo Metro Manila

but of course, depende na din yun sa weight mo. sa sobrang stressful i-drive, i'm sure overweight nadin ang driver in 5 years kakakain to compensate the driving. so parang justified na din kelangan ng malaking montero

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me I'll go for Montero Sports for the price mas sulit na yung Montero compaired to CRV......

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Eh yung mga ASX naman parang bumili ng mataas na Lancer

I tried comparing the looks of my past FD and my CR-V, hindi naman sila magkamukha hehehe, we bought the CR-V for comfort, it turns out na hindi pala talaga, matagtag din. hahaha. CR-V is not a higher Civic IMHO..

BTW, Honda CR-V is a CUV, nagkakamali lang siguro yung iba.. Hindi talaga SUV ang CR-V, CUV siya. Montero Sport is a SUV.
    nope hindi sa looks... kasi ung CRV parang Sedan lang 5 seater lang ata.. ang sedan is 5 seater din diba? kasi kami 5 sa family kaya kailangan ng mas malaki sakto yung montero samin ayaw na namin sa fortuner kasi ambagal at matagtag..

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
CRV over Montero