54 34.62%
  • HYUNDAI TUCSON 2.2 CRDI (M/T)

66 42.31%
  • KIA SPORTAGE CRDI (M/T)

36 23.08%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    dun sa MATHatalino, correct me if i'm wrong w/ my posted computation/analysis na lng. i'm more comfortale with numbers when it involves needles and vials kse...hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't like the Sportage. looking at it up close, i found the fit and finish to be of poor quality, and i'm not a big fan of the interior materials.

as far as the Tucson, i hate the styling....but if you like it then that shouldn't be a problem.

so by process of elimination, i pick the CRV. worse fuel economy, and more expensive, but i think it is a much better car overall.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't think Honda was ever excempt from these recalls. I've seen some of them on business and car mags in the past decade.

While out in the dunes in the middle east, I saw a lot of CRV's stuck in the sand with overheated transmissions/differentials... whatever you call them, and saw several Tucson's not having a problem getting up those Dunes alongside Pajero's and Landcruiser's. Only handicap for the Tucson would be that it couldn't tow a CRV out of the rut as it is not really designed for heavy duty offroading. The difference between the CRV and the Tucson is due to the fact that the Tucson has a switchable 4wd for low speeds only (helps it avoid getting stuck) while the CRV's is only for all wheather driving (maintains good traction in wet conditions).

Due to the recall, I am sure that the Tucson's coming out of the factories will be more perfect than ever. Only wish they would move the front wheels a bit forward for a better more stable stance.

My vote goes to the Tucson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    You like Tucson?

Here's some important news about the vehicle:

Included among the 2007 recalls...

Hyundai

NHTSA Potential Affected Units: 128,300
    Model:Tucson

Problem: On certain sport-utility vehicles, static air-bag deployment testing—conducted by NHTSA using fifth-percentile female dummies—indicated if a small-stature adult driver, not wearing a seat belt, is involved in a frontal or near frontal crash, deployment of the driver air bag may result in an insufficient margin of compliance as measured by the test dummy used in the NHTSA test.

Read the story

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    CRV 2007 for me.. loyal kasi ako sa honda eh .. and besides mahirap ng kumuha ng korean brand because imo mas malaki ang probability na makakuha ka ng lemon car.. sasabihin ng iba ng wag na lang CRV dahil palasak na sa daan.. did you ever wonder why? it's probable that many people would prefer a trusted brand and a quality after sales service rather than try their luck for a new look with other brand that may stand out but not sure of the car's quality ..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    crv 2007 for me, more elegant look IMHO

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    2007 CRV 2.0 (6-spd M/T)
    In these past years and (even) months, it is really becoming very clear that the unabated upward spiral of fuel prices will likely to continue in the coming years therefore so it is pruent to pick a vehicle that can weather through the proverbial "storm".

In terms of fuel efficiency and fuel prices, the Tucson CRDi 4x2 A/T (no m/t available, btw) is the best choice amongst the three. Consumer Reports gives the Tucson a better rating than the Sportage. However, the 2.0 CRDi does not have the VGT feature which is rather disappointing.

However, if Honda Phil. suddenly decides (at this point it seems unlikely) to release the CRV with the 2.2li CTD-i diesel (as in Europe) then the equation changes slightly. Overall, the CRV is the better rated CUV bet. the Tucson and Sportage. However, by carrying a Honda brand and being a diesel at that, the CRV will surely carry a price premium (or penalty, depends on how one sees it ) which will surely funnel price conscious buyers directly to the Tucson CRDi's attractive/affordable price.

Ps: not so sure if Honda's 2.2li CTD-i has VGT.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I vote for the CR-V. I'm obviously biased, but Korean cars have historically had worse ratings in terms of reliability, which is what turned me off about both the Tucson (aside from the ugly, too-wide (IMO) rear end) and the Sportage. This CR-V has also proven to be a pretty comfortable ride.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    History has nothing to do with what's current.

You can't judge cars by brand alone, as the state of the art keeps moving forward and companies change over time.

Hyundai has had some misses with previous products, but their current crop of diesel cars seems to be the best that's available locally, so far.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hyundai has really improved a lot through the years.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm having the same dilemma, Honda CRV 2.0 M/T or Tucson CRDi..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
CRV 2007 or TUCSON or SPORTAGE