New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hmmm even though the 5 series will soon be replaced, it still looks like a great bargain for 2.9M. Roomier, classier, better interior quality and materials than the Lexus IS or even the 3 series. The design of that 5 series seems timeless anyway, and its technology was ahead of its time back then.

Question is, is that 5 series a well-equipped spec, or a stripped down Philippine spec.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Lucky are you who can stare at the Lexus IS's front and not wonder what the designer was high on when he sketched this thing... I still can't accept the fact this design went into production.

The Lexus design would not age very well, while the more elegant looking Germans are rather more timeless, with the Benz more likely to outlast all of them. Even the interior is the same story.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who cares if others think your car is ugly as sin, as long as it is beautiful in your eyes, right? It is your car, not theirs.
    agree on this. Medyo may hawig sa vios yung is350 and looks like the design will not age well and become a classic. Bimmers and merc design employs their patented curves that not veers away too much from their basic style even for a face lift or new gen model. You can always see that classic BMW look or merc look.
    to TS how about the LS400? Saw one and its fast and very big

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get brand new. This is a toy / reward car after all. You want it to be a wonderful ownership experience. So reward yourself well.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post
    I guess you have to figure out what you are looking for.

If it's a combination of speed (300hp) and luxury, I guess the Lexus IS350 is the best choice talaga. That's why you see many of them on our roads these days.

From my experience, downside lang is that especially the F-Sport bucket seats can get a bit tiring for everyday driving. But maybe that's only me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess you have to figure out what you are looking for.

If it's a combination of speed (300hp) and luxury, I guess the Lexus IS350 is the best choice talaga. That's why you see many of them on our roads these days.

From my experience, downside lang is that especially the F-Sport bucket seats can get a bit tiring for everyday driving. But maybe that's only me.
    Would you reckon then that getting the non F sport version would be the better and practical choice?

Hmm, come to think of it, same engine and chassis, only difference is the tamer grill, adaptive suspension, 18 inch rims, back up camera, GPS and sunroof for a lot less. I test drove the F sport but not the regular one. Have to take a 2nd look at the regular IS350 then, hehe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The non f sport I think accelerates quicker due to the gearing and weight. Though I could be wrong

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Based on experience PMS of BMW is cheaper vs Mercedes. I have my car serviced here at Autozentrum Alabang. I would prefer the 520d or M Sport as it would still stand out better than a Lexus. The yabang factor still goes to the eurocars here in our country. Of course just be prepared to shell out for that as well specially since this will be your daily driver.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Based on experience PMS of BMW is cheaper vs Mercedes. I have my car serviced here at Autozentrum Alabang. I would prefer the 520d or M Sport as it would still stand out better than a Lexus. The yabang factor still goes to the eurocars here in our country. Of course just be prepared to shell out for that as well specially since this will be your daily driver.
    How about claiming for warranty issues? I've heard that there's a lot of issues bugging the new c-class.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Would you reckon then that getting the non F sport version would be the better and practical choice?

Hmm, come to think of it, same engine and chassis, only difference is the tamer grill, adaptive suspension, 18 inch rims, back up camera, GPS and sunroof for a lot less. I test drove the F sport but not the regular one. Have to take a 2nd look at the regular IS350 then, hehe.
    Yes, better do. I didn't really consider the base IS350 back then as I was too excited with the F-Sport look.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    TS wants something that does not attract too much attention. Not everyone wants to show off.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Brought my wife to Lexus Global City to have her decide between the regular IS and F sport. Being how a practical woman she is, I was surprised she chose the F sport!

And so, F sport it is! Thanks guys for the inputs and replies. More horsepower to you guys

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast