New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no question... city 1.5e na. pero if budget permits, ill get the civic 1.8v.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Regarding the fuel consumption, I've heard that difference is not that much .. still needs clarification though.

power to weight ratio

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you want more power, just get the 1.5E para hindi ka na magregret in the near future.

The power consumption figures aren't that much different naman and coming from a Galant, you probably wouldn't really mind the difference hehehe

The paddle shifters and the extra displacement should fit what you need more aptly.

The extra goodies that come with the 1.5 aren't too bad either for 50k

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.5's fuel consumption is nearly as good as the 1.3s... sometimes better if you do a lot of stop go... the 1.3 is not well matched to the automatic transmission... the gears are too long for the smaller engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    1.5e. Better features and upgrades. Funniest thing to see is when 1.3 owners start upgrading to make their City look like a 1.5e.

Any which one you choose you get a nice powerful (in it's range) machine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 1.5's fuel consumption is nearly as good as the 1.3s... sometimes better if you do a lot of stop go... the 1.3 is not well matched to the automatic transmission... the gears are too long for the smaller engine.
    parang tange naman yun. ginawa na nga nila 5 speeds tapos hinabaan pa yung ratio. kung mahaba na rin lang sana nag stick na lang sila sa 4 speeds. i bet kung mahaba talaga mawawala lagi sa powerband yung engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Haha, sorry guys i just realized my thread title was wrong, thanks for correcting me, i meant 1.3S, not E.

All of you seem to have voted for the E variant, and your responses make a lot of sense indeed. Thanks!

Now to throw another question in the air, should i be considering a lancer cedia GLS CVT against the E variant in terms of performance ng engine? Di hamak na mas mura kase ang lancer sa City E eh. What are your thoughts guys?

Thanks and merry xmas!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aboji View Post
    Haha, sorry guys i just realized my thread title was wrong, thanks for correcting me, i meant 1.3S, not E.

All of you seem to have voted for the E variant, and your responses make a lot of sense indeed. Thanks!

Now to throw another question in the air, should i be considering a lancer cedia GLS CVT against the E variant in terms of performance ng engine? Di hamak na mas mura kase ang lancer sa City E eh. What are your thoughts guys?

Thanks and merry xmas!
    Stick with the city 1.5 liter.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aboji View Post

Thanks and merry xmas!
    Yeah, the lancer may be cheaper but the car itself is " cheap " too. Not only cheap in terms of price but also in terms of build & quality. Why ? The interior plastics feel cheap and the trunk seems hard to close. Yeah .. it is feature packed but then again, the looks are already old.

Either you get the higher spec-ed lancer ( EX variants ) or stick with the 1.5E

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I havent seem a lancer the dealer yet, just saw their GLX variant and the first thing i noticed is how the door sounds when closing, parang hindi solid ang tunog unlike the city.

Anyway, ill check out the lancer and feel the car for myself and hopefully decide to get the better one.

Thanks guys for all your inputs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast