New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hey guys Merry Xmas!

I've been spending the past couple of weeks researching which car I would get from what I have mentioned in the thread title.

I have been looking for my first bnew car (had a Corona ST-171, 6G Galant and Series 3 Sentra in the past and all have been heartbreaking to maintain) and my wife and I have decided to narrow down our choices between the two city variants and stop buying second hand cars.

Here is how I will drive it:

* 10min Daily House-Office-House (currently, pero magiging Bulacan-Pampanga-Bulacan travel via NLEX next month - 20 mins travel * 120kph, hehe)

* Laguna-Bulacan-Laguna travel every weekend

* Very minimal out-of-town trips (if any)

* Usual weekend errands to the grocery

I test drove the 1.5E variant and I loved how the paddle shift made it feel as good as a manual in terms of overtaking etc (+). I also like the fact that it has a center console armrest (+++). While this may be too small of a detail, I really need this and find it very useful lalo na pag traffic. Yung aesthetic factor nya with the rims, chrome handles and fog light doesn't really matter to me naman.

I am considering to get the 1.3S A/T variant too primarily because its 50k cheaper than the 1.5E (++), and it has a lower displacement which, from what I know SHOULD give me better FC (although I have read here in Tsikot that it doesn't really make a big diff?). - I hope someone can elaborate this further.

I'm getting the A/T + Bold Beige either way.

With the above said, ano ang prefer nyo na kunin if you were in my position? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention, mabigat ang paa ko sa gas and I consider myself as a harurot driver, kaya need ko power talaga on demand (kaya sa mga naging previous cars ko, yung 6G Galant ang pinaka mahirap i-let go, ang sarap ihataw kahit matic eh, hehehe)

TIA for your help and advises! Merry Xmas ulet!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Basing from your preferences, I'd pick the 1.5E. +200cc, more features, looks .. uh, yeah, and the paddle shifters can do a great job in overtaking ..

Regarding the fuel consumption, I've heard that difference is not that much .. still needs clarification though.

Merry Christmas !

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Renzo...

I'll wait for the experts to provide their insights on how the 1.5 performs against the 1.3 in terms of FC...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aboji View Post

I am considering to get the 1.3S A/T variant too primarily because its 50k cheaper than the 1.5E (++),
    If your budget allows for it, may as well go for the 1.5E. You get solid rear disc brakes as opposed to drums in 1.3. Paddle shifter + the bigger engine displacement.

and it has a lower displacement which, from what I know SHOULD give me better FC (although I have read here in Tsikot that it doesn't really make a big diff?).
    It depends on what kind of driving and load you carry in the car. Anytime, the 1.3 is revving more than the 1.5, thats when fuel consumption bet. the two engine becomes negligible.

And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention, mabigat ang paa ko sa gas and I consider myself as a harurot driver, kaya need ko power talaga on demand (kaya sa mga naging previous cars ko, yung 6G Galant ang pinaka mahirap i-let go, ang sarap ihataw kahit matic eh, hehehe)
    There you go, 1.5E it is then. I read online reviews that claimed that the City 1.5 needed to be revved constantly (a Honda characteristic) to be able to squeeze whatever juice it has inside. What's more on a 1.3? The paddle shifter will help you alot in your driving style though its nothing like a dual clutch but more of an arcade game.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Go for the City 1.5 E!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Baka may malito ...

1.3L units of the Honda City is offered in 2 variants.

1.3A and 1.3S .. wala pong 1.3E

Ayt. Merry X-mas !

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hehehe kala ko pinaghalo yung City 1.3S at Vios 1.3E hehehe

anyway, between the two, no brainer choice ang 1.5E.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    go for the 1.5

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Irrelevant post ...

Actually mas trip ko rims ng 1.3S na City ...

Yung sa 1.5E, not much. Siguro kung sa EK siya ikakabit pwede pa. Hehehe.

Wala lang.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    same here renzo, mas me dating sakin yung wheel design ng 1.3S...

for the TS, get the 1.5 variant...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast