New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    AFAIK maganda ang promo ngayon sa Captiva pero may 2011 Captiva with new grille at 2.2 VCDI CRDI engine with 6 Speed A/T.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Saw a white pearl Forester X along Ortigas today. Ganda pala. The Forester lately is giving me the itch. hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jet View Post
    Saw a white pearl Forester X along Ortigas today. Ganda pala. The Forester lately is giving me the itch. hehe
    Mas lalo na pag na test drive mo sya hehehhe..... ito kalalabasan ng face mo hehehhehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    For 1.5M na crossover sa Santa Fe na lang ako kaysa Captiva. CRDi>>>VCDi. A true 7 seater unlike the Cpativa parang pilit lang. Sure Captiva has torque split (AWD) and has more features but as always the CAKE (the car itself) is more important than the ICING (accessories and features).
    cramped din naman ung SF 3rd row seats eh

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jet View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I said "I'm not a BIG fan of mitsubishi" due to my previous experience with my 98 Eclipse. Plastics easily broke like the driver seat recliner handle and the driver door handle! Good thing a few months after I sold it, the transmission broke down & the new owner had to shell out 250k+ to have it fixed.
    So now I'm quite hesitant to get the MS since I've read about some quality issues again. All brands have their issues too including Toyota. Sablay talaga tagtag ng fortuner!
    2 have voted for Sportage, 2-3 for MS, 1 captiva, 2 forester.
    any issues with the MS? Forester looks very appealing as of the moment but havent test drove it yet. Captiva looks good though sa AWD lang pala premium features.

to some: wag kayo magalit agad if someone doesn't like a certain brand eg Mitsu, since people have had bad experiences. If you have nothing nice to say, dont post na lang. yes that's for you invinzo
    So far, wala pang nagdedefend ng chevy ha.
    Captivas pro, nice styling, nice oem features fully loaded, cons: maintenance, gas mileage, parts usually not that accessibly

Forrester pro unique, subaru badge, cons, lone casa and the 2.0 variant sucks

Tucson - pros, styling, updated model cons, mahal (crdi) matagtag for its class, no premium feel

Monty - pros no problem sa parts, relatively cheap mileage (if you get the 2.5RWD 7 seater safety features cons ride is an improvement over the fort but can need some further improvement, 4speed lang

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Monty - pros no problem sa parts, relatively cheap mileage (if you get the 2.5RWD 7 seater safety features cons ride is an improvement over the fort but can need some further improvement, 4speed lang[/QUOTE]

Why you say "4 speed lang".. try hitching and see for yourself the feel of "need for speed" you may say, "tama nga na dapat 4 speed lang..." enough said, but i like your pros anyways peace!!

Sir the_jet goodluck on whatever you may choose.. no regrets in the end! cheers to you!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Iba namang class ang Montero at Forester.....

9404:vader:

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mag forrester ka na...Ok din yung MS kaso naka fortuner ka na, Captiva naman naku goodluck.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    updating this thread...Got a Tucson GL CRDi over the other 3.

WHY?
    1. Tucson was already available. (with 177 horses ) and parang fate nangyari since someone backed out and the SA called me asap
    2. I really like the tucson's styling inspite of the funny looking face. (I've a solution for this, future mod)
    3. Was worried with the somewhat underpowered Forester 2.0 and need for 95 octane gas only
    4. super dami ng MS ngayon, even more than the fortuner. though im sure it's a very good buy too
    5. My barkada has the vcdi Captiva and advised me not to get one. Another friend isn't totally happy with his captiva, has quality issues daw.

In the end, choose a car kung saan ka pinaka-happy and least regrets. Sarap talaga mag car-hunting! hehe
    Thanks to everyone for the advices. HTH to other people still hunting for their piece of automotive heaven

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    good choice . seems that you wanted to avoid problematic vehicles.
    this is a study on problems per 100 vehicle (1st owned/brand new aquired)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Choosing between SUVs: Tucson vs. Forester vs. Captiva vs. Monterosport