New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sicilianjedi21 View Post
    Salamat sa input mga sir.

Pno mga sir kung option ko is 2nd hand altis vs. brand new na sentra? I can get altis 1.6j 07 at 500k pero nagpaquote ako sentra 1.3gx at 590k 1.6gsx at 700k. let's say ok naman condition ng altis. napapaisip ako kasi malapit na lang ang presyo (although 1.6j vs 1.3 lng ng sentra) and baka mas ok yung bnew coz of warranty etc.

No contest pa rin b mga sir o baliktad na based on my options? Again, thans for the input.
    Well sir if that is your options. I`d get the sentra already. Why? First of all the 1.6J altis is the barest model on the Altis` lineup.

Second, it will be three years old sometime now, for so, the warranty will lapse.

Third, Getting a second-hand car, well not all, could give you hassles as to how the owner used it. lets say the exterior is very intimidating, eye catcher, but have you checked it's performance already?

The interior space of the 2007 altis isnt that big also, it is pretty much the same with the sentra.

And yes some might say that the sentra has an old body already, but who cares if you enjoy its performance. Right?

Well sir, im just giving my opinion, the very last decision will still come from you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    OT: i don't know.
    on good days, 9-10 pure city, now it's down to 8-9. Odo is at 12,000kms.
    sabi ng SA sa Toyota Manila Bay where we got the car, regular lang daw un. oh well. oks lang, pogi naman talaga ung Altis.
    OT:
    sabagay sa 13km\l ng 9th gen ko di naman nagkakalayo ang sanyo, pero damn! parang SUV kung magkonsumo. our previous Ford Escape 2.0 have 9-10km\l city driving, FEU recto to malabon.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    It really depends, sino ba ang gagamit ng car? Kung ako gagamit ng car I may consider the Altis kasi medyo nakakaintindi naman about cars, pero kung wife ko ang gagamit dun na ko sa brand new. Pero based on your choices,I'm leaning towards the 1.3GX as long as matic and all-powered siya.
    why not get the 10th gen altis if kaya pa ng budget? sulit naman ang ginastos plus satisfied ka pa overall?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Well sir if that is your options. I`d get the sentra already. Why? First of all the 1.6J altis is the barest model on the Altis` lineup.

Second, it will be three years old sometime now, for so, the warranty will lapse.

Third, Getting a second-hand car, well not all, could give you hassles as to how the owner used it. lets say the exterior is very intimidating, eye catcher, but have you checked it's performance already?

The interior space of the 2007 altis isnt that big also, it is pretty much the same with the sentra.

And yes some might say that the sentra has an old body already, but who cares if you enjoy its performance. Right?

Well sir, im just giving my opinion, the very last decision will still come from you.
    +1 ako dito.
    Sentra brand new na to. considering the money you'll shell out for the car, brand new ka na. mahirap bumili ng 2nd hand unless sobrang kilala mo ung pagbibilhan mo na maingat gumamit. 1.3 GX All Power is nice in and out.

tama si renzo, so whta if old body? ung Civic FD ren old na ren naman, pero dami pa ren bumibili ng brand new; at may MMC pa nga e, so it means it's gonna last another year or two. basta dependable at brand new! good buy yun!

just enjoyed one year of hassle free driving on my 1yr GX

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Pno mga sir kung option ko is 2nd hand altis vs. brand new na sentra? I can get altis 1.6j 07 at 500k pero nagpaquote ako sentra 1.3gx at 590k 1.6gsx at 700k. let's say ok naman condition ng altis. napapaisip ako kasi malapit na lang ang presyo (although 1.6j vs 1.3 lng ng sentra) and baka mas ok yung bnew coz of warranty etc.

No contest pa rin b mga sir o baliktad na based on my options? Again, thans for the input.
    don't get the bare 1.3 GX na nde all power (590K). the all power is just 15K more... mags na to and nde na steel rims, may power windows with express up/down, speed sensing locks, etc. also, noteworthy, nissan gives 5yrs extended warranty. 2nd hand cars can't beat that!

although 1.6 J vs. 1.3 lng ng Sentra? i get 11-12 pure city driving... capable rin naman for spirited driving.. sobrang tipid esp i came from a Galant shark who gurgled 5/6 kpl.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    don't get the bare 1.3 GX na nde all power (590K). the all power is just 15K more... mags na to and nde na steel rims, may power windows with express up/down, speed sensing locks, etc. also, noteworthy, nissan gives 5yrs extended warranty. 2nd hand cars can't beat that!

although 1.6 J vs. 1.3 lng ng Sentra? i get 11-12 pure city driving... capable rin naman for spirited driving.. sobrang tipid esp i came from a Galant shark who gurgled 5/6 kpl.

HTH
    I agree with you about the Nissan Warranty. The nissan 5-year extended warranty is good to 200,000 kilometers whichever comes first. The only catch here is that your car must be insured with Nissan Gallery for the entire 5 years !

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaro View Post
    I agree with you about the Nissan Warranty. The nissan 5-year extended warranty is good to 200,000 kilometers whichever comes first. The only catch here is that your car must be insured with Nissan Gallery for the entire 5 years !
    actually, it's not NGO you're tied up with, but it's Standard Insurance via Autohub (Gallery - Ortigas/Q.Ave and Cagayan De Oro) not bad na ren considering they offer free acts of God and 0% participation coverage. ;)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well, the Sentra is not a bad car. But the Altis is a better vehicle. And this is reflected by their retail prices.

If you just need a no-frills car with a 700,000 thousand budget, the Sentra might be for you.

If you have the dough, the 200,000 difference may not matter to you, then get the Altis. Otherwise get the Sentra and spend the money on something else.

By the way, if you are paying cash...it is more practical to settle for a brand new car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

baliktad na. iba pa rin talaga pag brand new ang bibilhin mo. tsambahan lang ang pagbili ng magandang 2nd hand car, unless kilala mo yung owner and maalaga talaga siya sa kotseng binebenta niyia.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Sentra na yan!

Basta brand new, kesyo honda or kia lang yan..basta brand new ang right choice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Choosing between Altis and Sentra