New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You like the Mazda 3 but not the Altis V. The Mazda 3 is at 975k without discounts. The Altis is at 999k but 30k discounts are common so that's just 970k. You get a bit of savings with Yojin3 (24k as I've computed in my previous post, but could be as high as 36k if you maximize the 60,000 km limit for Yojin). However, any savings from PMS costs will be offset by the inevitably lower resale value of the Mazda vs the Altis. Parts outside of the casa and maintenance after Yojin 3 will also be more expensive.

In terms of features and toys, they're about the same (push button ignition, bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps, etc). The Altis has a definite advantage in terms of space and passenger comfort. Ride in the back of both cars and have yourself driven around and you'll know what I mean.

However, the Mazda is undoubtedly the better-handling car of the two. Less body roll, better steering.

I'm not saying that you should get the Altis over the Mazda 3, I'm just trying to get your facts straight.
    errr... what facts..?
    are we talking about the pleasure of driving and riding?
    or are we talking money?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... what facts..?
    are we talking about the pleasure of driving and riding?
    or are we talking money?
    He said that he crossed out the Altis because it's expensive and under-spec'd. I showed that purchase and ownership costs are just the same with a Mazda 3, with similar features as well.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I've only spent 8k for the first 15,000 km of my Altis, in 5,000 km intervals. Over 3 years that's just 24k.
    Is your altis a daily driven car? This car might clock 50-80kms per day one of my car that is daily driven I've clocked 172k kms in 8years time mixed city and highway drivng and my old daily car a Galant v6 clocked 130k kms in 5year time

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Is your altis a daily driven car? This car might clock 50-80kms per day one of my car that is daily driven I've clocked 172k kms in 8years time mixed city and highway drivng and my old daily car a Galant v6 clocked 130k kms in 5year time
    I've logged 28,000 km with my Altis in 11 months of use. Total I've spent up to the 25,000 km PMS is 16k.

I only initially included costs up to the 15,000 km PMS because few car owners exceed 15,000 km per year. Also, take note that Yojin 3 is only good up to 60,000 km. So if you have a high-mileage workhorse that does 30,000 km per year, your free maintenance is good only for 2 years.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    You like the Mazda 3 but not the Altis V. The Mazda 3 is at 975k without discounts. The Altis is at 999k but 30k discounts are common so that's just 970k. You get a bit of savings with Yojin3 (24k as I've computed in my previous post, but could be as high as 36k if you maximize the 60,000 km limit for Yojin). However, any savings from PMS costs will be offset by the inevitably lower resale value of the Mazda vs the Altis. Parts outside of the casa and maintenance after Yojin 3 will also be more expensive.

In terms of features and toys, they're about the same (push button ignition, bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps, etc). The Altis has a definite advantage in terms of space and passenger comfort. Ride in the back of both cars and have yourself driven around and you'll know what I mean.

However, the Mazda is undoubtedly the better-handling car of the two. Less body roll, better steering.

I'm not saying that you should get the Altis over the Mazda 3, I'm just trying to get your facts straight.
    I like the Altis but there is something I don't like about it. I'm not really after the handling and all since my other vehicles are not sporty either. I already inquired regarding the Altis the SA said the HU will be considered a accessories and I don't like putting aftermarket accessories on my cars especially pag magagalaw yung electricals things compared to the Mazda 3.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'm detecting large amounts of butthurt in this thread

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I like the Altis but there is something I don't like about it. I'm not really after the handling and all since my other vehicles are not sporty either. I already inquired regarding the Altis the SA said the HU will be considered a accessories and I don't like putting aftermarket accessories on my cars especially pag magagalaw yung electricals things compared to the Mazda 3.
    In other words, ayaw mo ng Altis. Ok lang naman yun.

Napakasimpleng bagay magupgrade ng head unit, but if you like to keep things stock then okay. The Mazda 3 looks hideous with it's small 16" rims though, more hideous than an Altis with 16" rims, but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I've logged 28,000 km with my Altis in 11 months of use. Total I've spent up to the 25,000 km PMS is 16k.

I only initially included costs up to the 15,000 km PMS because few car owners exceed 15,000 km per year. Also, take note that Yojin 3 is only good up to 60,000 km. So if you have a high-mileage workhorse that does 30,000 km per year, your free maintenance is good only for 2 years.
    Thanks bro for the computation of your PMS expenses on your Altis. If the 1.6v would have 30k+ discounts I may have to reconsider it and the Altis is a great does the 1.6 G comes with the features that you stated which comes standard on the 1.6 V?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks bro for the computation of your PMS expenses on your Altis. If the 1.6v would have 30k+ discounts I may have to reconsider it and the Altis is a great does the 1.6 G comes with the features that you stated which comes standard on the 1.6 V?
    The 1.6G doesn't have any fancy features. Just automatic climate control. No bluetooth, no push-start, no auto headlamps and rain-sensing wipers, drum brakes in the rear. It's 60k cheaper though but still has the same refinement, space, and comfortable ride as the more loaded V.

I had parking sensors installed in mine from the casa (8k). Upgrading my head unit with an Android touch screen HU with GPS and TV Plus will be about 30k. All other stuff you can't upgrade.

If you like toys, get the Altis V or City or Mazda 3. I got an Altis G because I wanted a manual, and I've had a car with many toys before and I realized I don't really want or need them, except perhaps Bluetooth.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Na try mo na ba test Mazda 3 with 5 people? Yung M3 ko 2 lang comfortable for long drives sa rear seats.