New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you plan to sell it after five years, your best bet would be Altis and Civic.

While I love that 1.8L of Honda's, its power is at the top end. When you press the gas, nothing.. nothing.. nothing.. then bam! It's economical for long drives but within the city, it's not very thrifty. If there's one thing you can't fault in that Honda, it is the driving dynamics. That car will define what "fun to drive" means for the everyman. It's a shame it's too expensive at 1.1M

The 1.8 of nissan is very punchy. Because of the dual ratio CVT, it's very economical on long drives. I've yet to do a more comprehensive test but from Batasan to Circle, at 50-60kmh, you can do 28km/L accdg to the computer. I had to constantly brake due to the speed limit. IF you like stoplight races, you'll smile once you floor this car come green. Because of the responsive tranny and low end torque, it's very easy to slither through congested traffic too once you get the hang of how big it is.
    The hump at the floor in the rear, I think, is for structural rigidity. Never been an issue with me so far. It helps that it has rear AC vents too. I chose this car because the wife likes it. As they say, happy wife, happy life.

It also a bonus for me that it's not popular so thieves just look away (with disdain, LOL). I'll have peace of mind once wife decides to drive it by herself. So, this is ideal for those who like a decent, reliable japanese, but low-profile car. PMS and parts are cheap too. My next car will probably be a Nissan again (waiting for the SUV version of NP300).

As for the Altis, well, it's a Toyota.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Narrowed my choice to Honda City and Honda Jazz. Not in a hurry on shopping for a new ride.
    Get the Jazz. Marami ka namang pera. It has more character than the City, and surely the 20k difference isn't prohibitive for you.

Jazzes also tend to hold their resale value better than Cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Naalala ko nanaman yung Nissan Sylphy it fits the budget so is the Nissan Navara Calibre 6mt
    for next year July, It will be my daily ride(no driver)
    Last edited by crosswind; October 24th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd decide by May-June kung July ka pa kukuha. Many things can happen in half a year. Akala ko kumuha ka na, it's been 3 months.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd decide by May-June kung July ka pa kukuha. Many things can happen in half a year. Akala ko kumuha ka na, it's been 3 months.

Haven't sold my Innova and crosswind eh. Next year the facelifted altis might be available in the Philippines with the new features and I'm also thinking kung mag used car na laang ako na below 4 years old

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789