New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    I'd pick Altis over Sylphy. Hindi ko talaga matipuhan itsura ng Slyphy, parang pang matanda na pinilit gawing sporty / class (IMO) plus lower resale value. Although daming added features and high discount.
    M3 - Okay na sana kaso masikip sa backseat, comparable sa subcompact. Good handling
    City - okay din and cheaper but for comfort, go with the compact
    New Civic - best among compact, yun nga lang we're not sure if there are issue/s since it's new in the market.

My pick, Altis. Looks, comfort, reliability and good resale value. Acceleration and handling, are good enough.

Check also the new Elantra. Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_jayson View Post
    I'd pick Altis over Sylphy. Hindi ko talaga matipuhan itsura ng Slyphy, parang pang matanda na pinilit gawing sporty / class (IMO) plus lower resale value. Although daming added features and high discount.
    M3 - Okay na sana kaso masikip sa backseat, comparable sa subcompact. Good handling
    City - okay din and cheaper but for comfort, go with the compact
    New Civic - best among compact, yun nga lang we're not sure if there are issue/s since it's new in the market.

My pick, Altis. Looks, comfort, reliability and good resale value. Acceleration and handling, are good enough.

Check also the new Elantra. Good luck!
    HARI's aftersales is horrendous. My friends all hate their aftersales. Would avoid any Korean cars because of their aftersales.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mukhang ok naman din iyong suzuki ciaz. pwede din ilagay sa mix ng options ni ts

i saw one up close yesterday at the local mall and it seemed to be a more than decent 1.4 cylinder sedan. it's under 800k, looks as roomy as the honda city (more or less) and it looks fun to drive to boot

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    mukhang ok naman din iyong suzuki ciaz. pwede din ilagay sa mix ng options ni ts

i saw one up close yesterday at the local mall and it seemed to be a more than decent 1.4 cylinder sedan. it's under 800k, looks as roomy as the honda city (more or less) and it looks fun to drive to boot
    Ang laki ng legroom ng ciaz. Nagulat ako sa legroom nyan

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    When I choose the MZ3 it will save me a few bucks in 3years where I could open another farm or invest my money in the stock market.

The savings isn't that big for you to be able to open up another business. Maybe buy a new cellphone it can. If driver driven, it's better to have automatic transmission.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The savings isn't that big for you to be able to open up another business. Maybe buy a new cellphone it can. If driver driven, it's better to have automatic transmission.
    I agree driver driven cars should have an automatic transmission. If you spend 20k per year on PMS that is 60k in 3years fair enough I could buy a cow or a couple of pigs

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I'm torn between this two vehicle the 2016 Mazda 3 1.5v and the Honda City VX navi.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

i also saw one in the mall. i took some time scrutinizing it.
    ...looks good.. roomy enough... ergonomically ok.. and the price seems ...right.
    now, if only i can convince my wallet to cough up the...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree driver driven cars should have an automatic transmission. If you spend 20k per year on PMS that is 60k in 3years fair enough I could buy a cow or a couple of pigs
    I've only spent 8k for the first 15,000 km of my Altis, in 5,000 km intervals. Over 3 years that's just 24k.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm torn between this two vehicle the 2016 Mazda 3 1.5v and the Honda City VX navi.
    You like the Mazda 3 but not the Altis V. The Mazda 3 is at 975k without discounts. The Altis is at 999k but 30k discounts are common so that's just 970k. You get a bit of savings with Yojin3 (24k as I've computed in my previous post, but could be as high as 36k if you maximize the 60,000 km limit for Yojin). However, any savings from PMS costs will be offset by the inevitably lower resale value of the Mazda vs the Altis. Parts outside of the casa and maintenance after Yojin 3 will also be more expensive.

In terms of features and toys, they're about the same (push button ignition, bluetooth, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps, etc). The Altis has a definite advantage in terms of space and passenger comfort. Ride in the back of both cars and have yourself driven around and you'll know what I mean.

However, the Mazda is undoubtedly the better-handling car of the two. Less body roll, better steering.

I'm not saying that you should get the Altis over the Mazda 3, I'm just trying to get your facts straight.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast