New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Getz din!!! Test drove the Spark .. unstable for me.. very cheap materials.. rear seats are a pain for your passengers..

You can get all the extras like 3rd brake light etc as aftermarket.. does not really matter or should make an impact on your decision..look for overall performance, safety, stability and ease of ownership.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I will go for Hyundai Getz.. mas ok porma nito compared sa Spark.. yung porma kasi ng Spark eh parang Chery na gawang china...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mukang unanimous decision na ito. GO GETZ! Or tip ko lang is kung pwede ka magintay wait for the Hyundai i10 or Hyundai i30. Yan ipapalit sa Getz, pero I have no idea when this will come out....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako din.. getz na ko over the spark.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for all the inputs. To be precise with my decision, I had to do another round of careful inspection. The first time I saw the two cars were * Rob Malate and I was a bit distracted by my daughter when I was inspecting and i was not able to fully measure the dimensions.

Comments on my visit:

First of, I visited the showrooms * Otis Manila. The great thing about the trip was I didnt have to walk, since the two dealers are side by side. Not to mention they share the same service station bay!
    -> The Chevy Spark * first glance is really a winner for me. I'm bias because the color displayed is a personal favorite of mine, BLUE. But after opening all the doors I could possibly open, disappointments started to come.
    1. SPACE - I personally, want a small car because its just me and my GF who will use this on a daily basis, so, having a huge trunk is not a biggie. However I am a tall guy (for a Filipino, 5'10") and the leg room for the spark just don't feel right. When I sat in the driver's seat and tried to shift gears and step on the gas pedal, my knees were hitting the console. Although the steering wheel have some good clearance. I tried to sit * the backseat to see how I'd feel if I let somebody drive for me and I'd be the passenger. Bad news, my knees barely fit. The only saving grace is the fact that the head room has good space, but * the backseat, the clearance becomes lower because of the shape of the vehicle. Trunk space was bearable since the rear seats are collapsable.

2. FEATURES - The Spark comes in with nice headlights, tailights and foglights too. Power windows were only for the front seats and it has central lock. Also, it has keyless entry. Although the power features I was not able to try since they didnt have the key!

3. PRICE - The salesman actally was trying to work out a deal for me to have very minimal cash out, through a promisory letter/note of sorts. He said all I have to shell out is 60k and the remaining 24k would be paided in 45 days directly to Chev. So for me, that was a good deal. I know to most people 24k is not much but for me, it means allot to be able to pull 8k from my salary every cut off instead of paying it lumpsum.

Now the GETZ 1.1
    Thanks for all the inputs. To be precise with my decision, I had to do another round of careful inspection. The first time I saw the two cars were * Rob Malate and I was a bit distracted by my daughter when I was inspecting and i was not able to fully measure the dimensions.

Comments on my visit:

First of, I visited the showrooms * Otis Manila. The great thing about the trip was I didnt have to walk, since the two dealers are side by side. Not to mention they share the same service station bay!
    -> The Chevy Spark * first glance is really a winner for me. I'm bias because the color displayed is a personal favorite of mine, BLUE. But after opening all the doors I could possibly open, disappointments started to come.
    1. SPACE - I personally, want a small car because its just me and my GF who will use this on a daily basis, so, having a huge trunk is not a biggie. However I am a tall guy (for a Filipino, 5'10") and the leg room for the spark just don't feel right. When I sat in the driver's seat and tried to shift gears and step on the gas pedal, my knees were hitting the console. Although the steering wheel have some good clearance. I tried to sit * the backseat to see how I'd feel if I let somebody drive for me and I'd be the passenger. Bad news, my knees barely fit. The only saving grace is the fact that the head room has good space, but * the backseat, the clearance becomes lower because of the shape of the vehicle. Trunk space was bearable since the rear seats are collapsable.

2. FEATURES - The Spark comes in with nice headlights, tailights and foglights too. Power windows were only for the front seats and it has central lock. Also, it has keyless entry. Although the power features I was not able to try since they didnt have the key!

3. PRICE - The salesman actally was trying to work out a deal for me to have very minimal cash out, through a promisory letter/note of sorts. He said all I have to shell out is 60k and the remaining 24k would be paided in 45 days directly to Chev. So for me, that was a good deal. I know to most people 24k is not much but for me, it means allot to be able to pull 8k from my salary every cut off instead of paying it lumpsum.

Getz 1.1
    The moment I entered the showroom, the Getz 1.1 was smiling * me. It was my 2nd favorite color, BLACK! It looked very ***y and sleek. Also, very professional.

1. SPACE - I immediately hopped in the driver seat and guess what? My full body frame was accommodated by the Getz! I was able to step on the gas pedal without hitting the console! The back seat was more spacious compared to the Spark. The trunk was 1.5x bigger as well.

2. FEATURES - The Getz has power windows for all seats. Power steering, nice JVC head unit (CD/MP3) and central lock. The good thing after bargaining, I was able to get the keyless entry with alarm through bargaining. So features vs features, the only thing that the Spark as over the Getz was it's fog lights. No biggie, I don't intent to frequent Tagaytay.

3. PRICE - Clearly this unit is cheaper. But it became more cheaper since I was able to work out a deal like the one for the Chevy. Instead of giving the full down of 97k, I will just give 85k. And the rest I will pay to the dealer in 3 months time. That's 13k taken off the DP! Nice value.

OVERALL
    I felt compelled to buy the Spark because of the great payment scheme that the dealer was giving plus a good name and features to boot. But the space concern was not tolerable for me. I clearly cannot deal with it long term.

As for the Getz, I immediately was able to see the difference in the leg room. I will be able to drive better in this car. Feature wise, after the dealer threw in the alarm, all of a sudden the they were on equal grounds. Also, the tint that usually comes as a freebie, will be the 3M Tint!

So clearly, my personal choice would be Getz. I shall get this car this month. Hope those who are considering the Spark as their choice, should check it out first. I could have still bought this car, had I been 5'5".

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    better do a test drive on both cars before making a final decision bro

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I will as soon as I get my license renewed. Hehehe, I havent driven for the longest time.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by malcoxx View Post
    I will as soon as I get my license renewed. Hehehe, I havent driven for the longest time.

nice decision bro.. but make sure you still know how to drive.... balitaan mo kami once you get your new ride....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    grabe first car mo palang yan mala-nobela na comparison mo. hirap ba mag-decide

if you feel like you're going to be shortchanged after purchase, sigurado spark na yun. ang liit nun sobra mince meat aabutin pag nabangga ka ng truck o kaya jeepney man lang

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    no brainer...getz wins!

ang spark kasi luma na yan platform na yan. matiz/atoz yan noon and now QQ :D ka edad na sila halos ng maruti alto :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Chevy Spark vs. Getz 1.1 - HELP!