New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rej248 View Post
    Honda CRV for me. It took some getting used to but have grown to like the exterior (including the front). It also has good reviews and comments from the other threads.

Don't know too much about the Captiva's performance. Saw it at the World Trade last August and looks OK NOT striking for me though. Same as other CRDI's, only time will tell how this fans out. So far I've only read mediocre reviews on it, nothing so dramatic. I suppose if this is indeed a good vehicle, then impressions will change very fast.
    Ha,ha. This is a first for me. I'm quoting myself . Upon closer and longer look at the Captiva yesterday at the Libis showroom. Damn it looks good...IMHO, as posted in another thread its better looking than the CRV.

But reliability wise I think the CRV has built a name for itself. While as the Captiva is just in its infancy stage of establishing a name (borne oot of good performance and reliability)

So Captiva for the looks but will still go for the CRV (it may be safer to put one's hard earned money here). Better yet a Santa Fe or Outie

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    we chose the crv. november dadating

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nice choice. Maganda naman CRV saka pagdating sa reliability ok naman record nya. pero it's hard to ignore na mas maganda yung styling ng Captiva. And i have no doubts na siguro ok din reliability nito, after all GM bought Daewoo and technically the Captiva is a GM. And with the prices of petrol rising to "unbelievable" rates... it makes sense to get a CRDi Captiva pero syempre may mga doubts pa rin whether if it can take "dirty diesel". Overall this makes for a really exciting comparo between a tried and tested japanese CUV and a new comer with a Diesel variant to boot. Kung ako mamimili, mahihirapan din ako siguro. Pero kung manalo ako sa Lotto, bilhin ko silang dalawa! JK!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi! I just got a captiva diesel. I really like the overall exterior "dating" ng captiva than the crv. Yun nga lang. value for money get the crv. (parang pang-loyola nga lang). Tires of captiva is Maxxis...di ko nga alam ano yun. Bridgestone ang crv. Mas roomy ang captiva at mas pogi! We find it Maingay dahil diesel? (comparing it with our Honda cars) I like the comfortable seat.

Dealer support mas ok ang honda ng milya milya! I didn't like how they...Makati. mand. pasig ...kept on changing their offers....like you can get it right now but you must get the ... and .... in house! They appear to be selling more than the car. Magugulo kausap. Stoneage pa ang service. Hope they improve.

I will definitely give you a daily update.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    di pa dumating CRV namin. i wonder kung gaano kalayo ang gen 2 sa gen 3. 5 years sa amin yung 2nd gen na CRV. hayop lang sa gas

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The suspension and handling of the gen 3 is more refined... and the new 2.0 is much more fuel efficient.

The only complaint of owners is the delay in throttle response due to the electronic throttle, but I don't find it a problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    electronic throttle na pala to? di kaya madaling masira to? lol. eh baka hindi na babalik sa idle hahaha. paano nayan lol

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Almost all modern engines are ECT already. If it's a worry for you, best to buy a Crosswind...

I don't doubt that they'll be subject to problems down the road. The only unknown is how long down the road, and how much they'll cost to replace. If it's under 5k pesos (like most in-bay electronics are), no problem...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Newbie question...

Ano yung throttle response?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When you press the "gas" pedal, throttle response is how long it takes for the engine to actually respond to your request for more power.

Dati, puro cable-type yung throttles. Press, and it goes. For some old carburated engines and older EFIs, press the pedal down all the way and there will be an instant where there's not enough fuel for the amount of air entering. In this instant, the engine runs lean and emits Nitrous Oxides. The advantage is instant power and response.

On ECT cars, the computer smooths out the response to lessen emissions. This means that sometimes you'll have to wait half-a-second or so for the power to come.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Chevrolet Captiva Versus Honda CRV