New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys, We will be selling our old 2nd gen CRV, actually kukunin na tom. Goodbye CRV, huhuh. Apat nalang sasakyan namin. anyway, bibili kami ng bago.

Ano kaya sa tingin ninyo maganda? Kasi ang captiva bagong bago pa lang sa market eh. Ano ano ba safety features meron ang Captiva? wala kasing local website ang Chevrolet eh. di ko sure kung anong model ang nandito sa atin.

Comparing the highest end model of CRV with highest end model ng Captiva. Which one ang mas maganda?? My personal choice eh Captiva. Ano sa tingin niyo?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post

Ano ano ba safety features meron ang Captiva? wala kasing local website ang Chevrolet eh. di ko sure kung anong model ang nandito sa atin.
    Captiva has the usual safety features found in other CUVs in the market like dual front airbags, abs, etc...

Captiva in the Philippines are available in three variants:

1.) 2.4 li Gas FWD, = Php 1,175,000
    2.) 2.0 li CRDi Diesel FWD = Php 1,275,000
    3.) 2.0 li CRDi Diesel AWD = Php 1,475,000

Introductory Price. Probably means a price increase when demand picks up.

Comparing the highest end model of CRV with highest end model ng Captiva. Which one ang mas maganda?? My personal choice eh Captiva. Ano sa tingin niyo?
    Bet. the two, I'd still think the Honda is still better overall. The Captiva's CRDi gives it a slight edge in the engine dep't. Although there are still some question marks regarding its engine source, unlike Hyundai's. The Captiva is actually a DAEWOO wearing a Chevrolet badge, btw.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i see, thanks for the reply, meron bang Vehicle Stability Assist ang Captiva dito? or ano bang tawag dyan. basta yung VSA or ESC thinggie. how about sa looks? panalo ata ang captiva eh

mas inclined ako mag captiva. para naman hindi common

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Captiva is supposedly using the same injector system as Hyundai... so that part should be good.

If we're comparing the Captiva to the rest... the design is a real selling point. It's a definite looker.

Downside is, the inside is rather plain, and the drive is just average (a bit stiff and the steering is indifferent, at best). In terms of interior design, suspension, ride, etcetera, the CR-V (and the Santa Fe, by the way) is light-years ahead of the Captiva.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if the Captiva is using the same injector system as Hyundai, then that's giving hope na hindi ito titirik like what happened to the Fortuners & Innovas.

if Captiva succeeds in running dirty diesel, talo kagad nito lahat ng CUV in the market.
    Chevrolet cars are good cars. problema lang talaga CASA, parang nahuhuli sa balita.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hmmmm, so maybe mag crv nalang kami na bago lol. talo kasi sa looks ang crv eh. syempre dapat meron rin looks diba? still... undecided hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hmmmm, so maybe mag crv nalang kami na bago lol. talo kasi sa looks ang crv eh. syempre dapat meron rin looks diba? still... undecided hehe
    try to test drive both units so you can have a feel and compare each other that way it can help you decide on which to choose......

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    i see, thanks for the reply, meron bang Vehicle Stability Assist ang Captiva dito? or ano bang tawag dyan. basta yung VSA or ESC thinggie. how about sa looks? panalo ata ang captiva eh

mas inclined ako mag captiva. para naman hindi common
    In all its variants, the Captiva does not come with any form of traction/stability control. Different companies have a different moniker for the feature but basically its traction control. Honda calls it VSA (vehicle stability assist) and it is available on the 2.4li AWD CRV.

The Captiva looks nice upfront and its backend is ho-hum. Actually the Captiva's backend reminds of a bigger version of the Chevy Spark.

On the other hand, the CRV's looks is a love and hate thing. It could also be an acquired taste for those who are more tolerant of its design.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    wala palang traction control ang captiva sayang. makes me want to lean on the crv nalang. same price but more safety features. tsk tsk. i just dont want the look of the new crv.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    [demonyo-mode]Santa Fe ka nalang[/demonyo]

He he he...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Chevrolet Captiva Versus Honda CRV