New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Depends on the car too. On a really fast car you can reach those high speeds fairly quickly. Sandali lang over 200kph ka na, vs taking a slow car up to that speed ang tagal mo naka baon sa accelerator.

"Slow car fast" is a lot scarier on the public roads.
    It’s fun driving a small slow car fast. Parang the likes of a Fiesta or Jazz or Mazda2. I miss driving my Fiesta Ecoboost. That car is quicker though than PPVs and it’s like a daily go kart.

The 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo may be small in displacement but it delivers lots of fun. The car had no problems going past 150kmh and it can dart in and out of tight corners with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Asa pa makahabol Innova dyan. By the way, you can tune that EJ25 to around 400hp when paired with the 5AT tranny.

I was actually looking for a 2nd hand V6 Camry or Accord but those seem nowhere to be found nearby. First time trying a semi old school boxer turbo, nanibago ako na almost 3k RPM ang pag spool ng turbo hehe.

I think he compared the Legacy to an Innova due to its wagon form. 😂

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I was actually looking for a 2nd hand V6 Camry or Accord but those seem nowhere to be found nearby. First time trying a semi old school boxer turbo, nanibago ako na almost 3k RPM ang pag spool ng turbo hehe.

I think he compared the Legacy to an Innova due to its wagon form. [emoji23]
    Saan ba area mo sir? Mayrun naman within Metro Manila area mga pabenta na Accord or Camry 3.5 (2008-2011) models within 400k to 500k. Around the same price rin yung Legacy GT of the same era. If you want more comfortable seats, also check out the Teana 3.5L which has like an ottoman plus full reclining passenger seat.

The Legacy GT shares the same EJ25 engine platform as the WRX STi. You can tune it for much higher output, up to the limits of its 5AT tranny. Unlike the newer Subie turbo engines which spools its turbo at just over 2k rpm, the older EJ25 is almost at 3k rpm and is more abrupt in power/torque delivery.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Walang Philippines? At the top of my mind, usually nakikita ko pick ups or PPVs. *cough Hilux😂
    Hilux at Hiace number 1 yan sa cagayan valley.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Depends on the car too. On a really fast car you can reach those high speeds fairly quickly. Sandali lang over 200kph ka na, vs taking a slow car up to that speed ang tagal mo naka baon sa accelerator.

"Slow car fast" is a lot scarier on the public roads.
    I would like to rephrase that to "Slow cars that was never built to go fast".
    Automobiles like the Hi-ace even with the current powerful engine was never built to go fast.
    Buses, Heavy dump truck, trailer trucks are really scary simply because they were never built to go fast even if their engine can, all other parts where never meant to handle the speed.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    On actual public road setting, depends on road condition, and I agree 90% driver factor. Yung mga vans loaded with passengers usually won't take the risk kaya takbong pogi lang. Mga walang passenger na nkakasabay ko, nasisibak sa diskarte sa overtaking. The sedans that could go quick sprints are only good at sprints, they won't risk the underbelly damage and usually those fast cars i'm trailing wouldn't last on the whole trip less than 30mins trailing them and eventually pagod na humataw and the stress handling the winding roads knowing that somebody is trailing them-na stress sa ilaw from behind .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    On actual public road setting, depends on road condition, and I agree 90% driver factor. Yung mga vans loaded with passengers usually won't take the risk kaya takbong pogi lang. Mga walang passenger na nkakasabay ko, nasisibak sa diskarte sa overtaking. The sedans that could go quick sprints are only good at sprints, they won't risk the underbelly damage and usually those fast cars i'm trailing wouldn't last on the whole trip less than 30mins trailing them and eventually pagod na humataw and the stress handling the winding roads knowing that somebody is trailing them-na stress sa ilaw from behind .
    Consideration din yung speed enforcer sa loob ng kotse. One time on a Christmas Eve, we were in a hurry to go to Floridablanca from Clark. Sabi ni misis, bilisan ko daw so I gladly obliged. We were cruising around 180kmh almost all the way at SCTEX and slowing down a bit (150kmh) on the long bridge at Porac. Ang bilis ng byahe namin. Wala rin nakisabayan sa akin sa daan. Hahaha

But that was not the fastest I did at SCTEX. Am I proud of it? No, it is speeding - way beyond limits. However, I enjoy driving. Hehehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Not much challenge on expressways, aside from you're limited to speed limits, its just a straight line. All you have to maneuver are those lane hoggers on the innerlanes, you will all meet at the end of the road which is the tollgate in no less than a minute interval.

Roads without speed limits sharing the roads with motorcycles, tricycles, pedestrians, and stray dogs cats even snakes are the real public roads. You have to maneuver all of them, and when the road is clear you will still encounter a procession of slowmo vehicles trailing an isuzu trailer truck

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Parang sa Daang Hari. You get an open road with all such things on the road. Mas marami kamote lalo na kung umuulan.

It’s a thrill getting to do over 100kmh in the short stretches.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Saan ba area mo sir? Mayrun naman within Metro Manila area mga pabenta na Accord or Camry 3.5 (2008-2011) models within 400k to 500k. Around the same price rin yung Legacy GT of the same era. If you want more comfortable seats, also check out the Teana 3.5L which has like an ottoman plus full reclining passenger seat.

Mindanao eh. Medyo rare yung mga midsize sedans dito. Trip ko yung last gen Accord or Camry na V6, medyo luma na kasi yung mga 2008 to 2011. Yung Legacy pwede na kasi gusto ko yung mga wagon, at 2012 na low mileage nakita ko dito.

Sayang. Dami ko nakikita for sale sa Luzon at Cebu pero hirap lang bumyahe dahil pandemic, plus ma tetest drive ko lang pag dating. Pag pangit, sayang byahe. 😂

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast