New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I would also recommend a diesel Innova. Since this young couple does not have an iota of car maintenance, I would not recommend a car brand that has questionable aftersales service maintenance. True there are lots of other car brands that offer better engine power, toys and probably better interior than the innova, but come maintenance time, they don't have much to offer. Toyota has a good aftersales coverage and that is the main reason they are on top. Practicality. Get the Innova, it gives the space and probably the carrying capacity of an SUV and the near-comfort of a sedan....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Since their budget is 900k and needs an automatic vehicle
    the innov a might be out

Nissan Sylph 1.6cvt aroung 882k
    lagayn nalang ng roof rack kung di kasya stroller

If they need a car that has cheap maintenance
    2nd hand isuzu sportivo a/t fits in
    but the beige leather seats is just a headache since
    there is a baby which we may never guess when he will throw-up

used toyota innova e or g
    Maintenance is a little more expensive
    but a more safer vehicle and comfortable

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Innova is old, not as powerful as other modern CRDis, etc... but it's still hard to beat in terms of an overall package that includes practicality. It's also one of the cheapest to maintain (brand new).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd still get an Innova J over a sedan if versatility is priority.

If you want amenities, then Avanza G or Ertiga GL nalang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=jut703;2444055]I still say that the Innova is the most practical car for most Filipinos today.

Seats 8, rugged chassis, lots of space, affordable parts, fuel-efficient...what else do you need?

a lower floor?
    smaller passengers and older passengers do have some difficulty getting in and out of the innova.
    'tis the reason why i still have a sedan/hatchback..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Spin imho.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Consider also the Grand Livina.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Kung Innova kukunin nyo, yung E variant ang minimum mo dapat.

Forget about the J variant.

since 997K ang E variant, sabihin mo sa kanila mag ipon ipon muna ng malaking pang down para mas afford nila ang amortization. IF asap, then ibang brand at model nalang kunin nyo.

Kung ano man ang kunin nyo basta, always get a car with ATLEAST dual airbags, ABS, childlock, and power windows and locks. Also, consider additional budget para sa JUST IN CASE scenarios, say around 50k.

I'm in the same boat as you pero MPV na ang target ko agad, even though wala pa akong anak. Galing ako sa malaking family so I know mahirap pilitin ang isang 5 seater car sa family of six.

In my case, I scratched the Innova E kasi ASAP na ang need ng kotse saamin dahil bumigay na ang 1993 L300 FB ko, sayang kung nagtagal pa yung ng 10 months pa baka makaipon na ako ng 40% DP.

My mom owns an Adventure, matagtag siya. Pero 2+4+3 ang kaya nya isakay if payat lahat ng mga pasahero mo. Trunk space is massive if naka fold yung 3rd row seats (kahit yung half nga lang ng third row massiva pa din eh). Mausok siya IF hindi mo papalitan lagi ang oil mo at nililinis ang tambucho, nasa proper and religious maintenance lang po yan. Cons ng advie: magastos sa diesel vs Crosswind and Innova.

Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so, young dad, nakapag-decide na ba kayo?
    to add fuel to the innova.. it's been 10 years, and my innova still has excellent suspension. yes, i did replace the front shocks, but everything else is good and tight.
    and the engine.. it's been start-and-drive.. no big repairs at 100K on the odometer.
    the body is ok... yes, the bumpers are current generation design.. designed to collapse rather than cause serious injury to the bumpee..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 29th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Test drove the Ertiga kanina. Smooth ride naman, sedan na sedan talaga ang feel.

Ok naman sa medyo uneven road ng Manila, hindi mo gaano ramdam mga yun.

So Ertiga wins over the Adventure in terms of ride quality.

Test drive the ertiga vs the spin, tingnan mo sino mas ok yung ride quality, shifting, comfortable seating, leg room, etc.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast