New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Full link here: PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News
    Most surprising is the Montero dethroning the Fortuner as the top-selling PPV. The huge discounts worked, and the ~200k spread between the Fort and MS was enough to sway buyers to the latter.

It also seems that the initial sluggishness of the Montero sales was really due to SUA more than the tail lights. I say this because when the SUA issue died down (and people finally realized it was a sham), the Montero's sales picked up. The tail lights haven't changed but the Montero is now the segment's bestseller.

I was also surprised that the L300 is still on sale, so they must've made the 4D56 Euro IV compliant.

Also interesting for me is that the CRV is selling very well for a CUV. It's actually within striking distance of the MUX, and it sells much better than the much cheaper Civic, HRV, and Vitara. Honda has revived the dying CUV segment and made it relevant again.

Speaking of the Vitara, despite all the hype it has on the forum, it's nowhere as in demand as the Ecosport. The Vitara might have all the bells and whistles, but the cheaper Ecosport still takes the lion's share of the subcompact CUV pie. Quite surprising is that the Vitara didn't even outsell the Civic despite the market's preference for high-riding cars.

Too bad Mazda, Kia, Subaru and VW didn't have any sales figures - would've been interesting to see how the Forester, the previous best-selling CUV, stacks up against the CRV. Also a good fight would be where the highly hyped Jetta stacks against all other compacts in that small and dying segment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    subaru sales has been low(i think) theyre doing another promotion for the nth time this year.

FOCUS

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wala naman bago sa Innova. It was a best seller when it was launched and it's still a best seller now. Nothing new. Same with the Vios, Hilux, Hiace, and Wigo.

Unmatched din kasi vs. the old rivals. Okay sana ang kia carnival to be a more direct competitor pero overpriced ito than usual tsaka hindi lahat nagugustuhan ang kia.

Possibly not new pero yung pricing ng new innova ay nag-ibang level na rin, which is given since its specs are somehow similar to the popular ppvs already. Despite the increase, which some people complain, it still sells like hotcakes. Yung older model kasi is relatively cheaper pa; around 800k+ j variant up to 1.2m ang totl v variant. Kahit mahal na yung v at 1.2m, mas cheaper pa rin kaysa 1.3m na crosswind sportivo a/t hehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Unmatched din kasi vs. the old rivals. Okay sana ang kia carnival to be a more direct competitor pero overpriced ito than usual tsaka hindi lahat nagugustuhan ang kia.

Possibly not new pero yung pricing ng new innova ay nag-ibang level na rin, which is given since its specs are somehow similar to the popular ppvs already. Despite the increase, which some people complain, it still sells like hotcakes. Yung older model kasi is relatively cheaper pa; around 800k+ j variant up to 1.2m ang totl v variant.
    Everyone complains about everything on the internet anyway.

Most of those who actually have money to buy cars don't waste time bashing or fanboying, they let their wallets do the talking.

BTW, Innova sales grew by 7% in 2016 despite the huge price increase from the outgoing model. So even if you read about people complaining here, the reality is that more people bought the new Innova than the old one.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012

Possibly not new pero yung pricing ng new innova ay nag-ibang level na rin, which is given since its specs are somehow similar to the popular ppvs already. Despite the increase, which some people complain, it still sells like hotcakes. Yung older model kasi is relatively cheaper pa; around 800k+ j variant up to 1.2m ang totl v variant. Kahit mahal na yung v at 1.2m, mas cheaper pa rin kaysa 1.3m na crosswind sportivo a/t hehe.
    Even before the TRAIN law i was surprised with the new Innova’s pricing. May nakausap ako nung isanh araw sa Clifford badtrip siya sa Toyota kasi ang mahal mahal nung Innova at Fort pero bakit daw tinaggal pa yung roof rails. Hahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Ang hindi ko magets kung nasaan ba mga wigo na yan sa kalsada. Eh halos mirage dito metro manila.

Tapos ito 1st quarter of the month so enero, febrero at marso eh mas madami bumili SUA monstero nagwild. May kasama ba 200thou discount yan.

And my favorite the hype crv. With all the panghahype sold only 1thou!!!! Pila ba tawag jan. Eh yung tucson naka 700units walang gaano promotions. And infairy sa hyundai eh honest sila, yung top of the line nakaparenthesis sa homepage na indent order only. Honesty is the best policy.

Simula pinuna ko yan papilapila kuno ng crv eh tumahimk na mga nagpopost na pila daw.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Hindi sila direct competitor ni kia carnival, si honda odyssey ang competitor non at toyota sienna at chrysler pacifica (town and country).

Come to think of it, anong model ba talaga ang direct competitor ni innova? Wala e, no? Most other MPVs are smaller (Avanza, Ertiga, BRV) but are cheaper.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Hindi sila direct competitor ni kia carnival, si honda odyssey ang competitor non at toyota sienna at chrysler pacifica (town and country).

Come to think of it, anong model ba talaga ang direct competitor ni innova? Wala e, no? Most other MPVs are smaller (Avanza, Ertiga, BRV) but are cheaper.
    Not direct competitors sila though pag pinagtabi mo ang carnival at innova, you might notice that they look similar, although the carnival is slightly longer and wider while having two sliding doors as it is a true minivan. Yung innova kasi mpv eh plus it has underpinnings from the hilux and fortuner so the ride won't be as smooth as the carnival. Both of them have diesel engines and are quite roomy for passengers than ppvs so the two could be comparable in that sense.

Adventure and crosswind ang originally katapat ng innova but those two are crude and are already outdated in today's standards. Yung ibang mga maliliit na mpvs, puro gas lang meron.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    The Civic outsells the Corolla pala, almost pantay lang sila ni Elantra.

Has this been the case ever since?

Mukang nagkaka-effect na yung buying power ng younger generation.

Kase mga kakilala kong oldies lagi Toyota bukang bibig.

Tapos Hyundai/Kia sirain daw, manipis kaha.. Di na sila naka move on.

I could have went with Hyundai/Kia pero pangit ng specs locally kase. Pang base model ang specs ng totl.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

Pag nakabagong honda civic, may perception diyan ang ibang tao pati na din mga ilang kabataan. Hehe. 😂

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

Tapos Hyundai/Kia sirain daw, manipis kaha.. Di na sila naka move on.

I could have went with Hyundai/Kia pero pangit ng specs locally kase. Pang base model ang specs ng totl.
    Tides only changed in favor of Honda when the FC Civic came along.

2017:
    Civic - 4,146
    Altis - 3,692

2016 (FC was only released mid-year):
    Civic - 2,500
    Altis - 4,154