New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Weneclec View Post
    hahaha, malamang mas mataas ang "reservation" data, hehe. Puros walang stock eh.
    If Honda wants to make a killing and prioritize market share over the "Prestige" they've been protecting for more than 2 decades, they could release a more affordable diesel variant and pricing it below 1.5M, better if below 1.4M. Basta diesel, matibay, at matipid, kahit kulang kulang sa safety at high-tech features bebenta pa rin yan (Adventure and Crosswind).

Add BRV in the City among the locally produced vehicles in the country, and combining this with flooding the market with a lot of aftermarket parts and ensuring that the casa service are continuously improved, Honda could further cement it's future.

This may not bide with the existing Honda PH's direction, but this is the only way I could think of that Honda could even come close to the sales of Toyota.

With regards to the sales of the new CRV, I am seeing a lot in the Laguna/Batangas area. For 2018, I believe it could rank #4 among PPVs (albeit being a crossover) or even #3 if supply would allow it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    If Honda wants to make a killing and prioritize market share over the "Prestige" they've been protecting for more than 2 decades, they could release a more affordable diesel variant and pricing it below 1.5M, better if below 1.4M. Basta diesel, matibay, at matipid, kahit kulang kulang sa safety at high-tech features bebenta pa rin yan (Adventure and Crosswind).

Add BRV in the City among the locally produced vehicles in the country, and combining this with flooding the market with a lot of aftermarket parts and ensuring that the casa service are continuously improved, Honda could further cement it's future.

This may not bide with the existing Honda PH's direction, but this is the only way I could think of that Honda could even come close to the sales of Toyota.

With regards to the sales of the new CRV, I am seeing a lot in the Laguna/Batangas area. For 2018, I believe it could rank #4 among PPVs (albeit being a crossover) or even #3 if supply would allow it.
    Hindi naman volume lang ang usapan. Profit = volume x margin.

No need to incite a price war if you're making healthy margins anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hindi naman volume lang ang usapan. Profit = volume x margin.

No need to incite a price war if you're making healthy margins anyway.

What I mean is lowering price by removing some of the features (smaller tires, removal of electronic features like passive entry, push button shifting, etc), not decreasing price which would in-turn decrease profit.
    Maybe I am just a long-term thinking guy, and if I am the helm of Honda, my long term goal is to topple or atleast challenge Toyota.

Sorry OT na. Back to reality.

Nasan na ba kasi mga sales figures ng 2017. Baka di pa marelease kasi busy pa mga car companies magisip ng paraan para makagulang sa excise tax.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What I mean is lowering price by removing some of the features (smaller tires, removal of electronic features like passive entry, push button shifting, etc), not decreasing price which would in-turn decrease profit.
    Maybe I am just a long-term thinking guy, and if I am the helm of Honda, my long term goal is to topple or atleast challenge Toyota.

Sorry OT na. Back to reality.

Nasan na ba kasi mga sales figures ng 2017. Baka di pa marelease kasi busy pa mga car companies magisip ng paraan para makagulang sa excise tax.
    If that's the case then the cheaper CRV 1.6V should be outselling the 1.6S but everyone from Honda that I've talked to says that the demand for the S is much higher.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If that's the case then the cheaper CRV 1.6V should be outselling the 1.6S but everyone from Honda that I've talked to says that the demand for the S is much higher.

Is it the case of Pinoy's being more educated (or techie) with respect to added safety (or tech) features, or dumadami lang talaga pera kaya mas kayang bumili ng mas mahal.

Another thing to watch in 2018... will pick-ups outsell MPVs or PPVs?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Pickups will outsell PPVs, crossovers and sedans with the new tax scheme ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Pickups will outsell PPVs, crossovers and sedans with the new tax scheme ...
    Ilalabas kaya dito yung new F150 V6 diesel? I like them big bad*$$ pickups just like in the US.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...ef=home_feed_1

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ilalabas kaya dito yung new F150 V6 diesel? I like them big bad*$$ pickups just like in the US.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...ef=home_feed_1
    Baka pinagiisipan nila kung itutuloy pa ba yung Ranger Raptor, or F150 nalang... or better yet parehas.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Baka pinagiisipan nila kung itutuloy pa ba yung Ranger Raptor, or F150 nalang... or better yet parehas.
    Or they can bring the gas-powered F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost. It's not your ordinary pickup; 375hp/630Nm and sprints to 60mph in around 6 seconds.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Or they can bring the gas-powered F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost. It's not your ordinary pickup; 375hp/630Nm and sprints to 60mph in around 6 seconds.
    Grabe lang, mas mabilis pa ata yan sa lahat ng turbo-engined cars below Php 2M na available dito sa pinas.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast