New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    not sure kung tama nabasa ko sa yaris thread pero parang mahina daw ang supply ng yaris units dito, and limited colors lang
    If that's true, I hope that the supply and variants normalize. I'd love to see more of the current Yaris on the road.... it's a refreshing change in a sea of ho-hums....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    the higher variant innova also eats into the fort/ms pie although indirectly. a high end innova is actually more or less priced the same as a entry level fort or ms(even the AT models). but more consumers would still pick the innova. in the rp market the innova is king. the vios is queen.
    Baliktad. The entry-level MS GLX eats into the Innova G's sales because they're priced the same but the MS is an SUV and is therefore more upscale and less of a castration than the Innova.

And nowadays more people buy Monteros/Fortuners than Innovas, just as what the data says.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Baliktad. The entry-level MS GLX eats into the Innova G's sales because they're priced the same but the MS is an SUV and is therefore more upscale and less of a castration than the Innova.

And nowadays more people buy Monteros/Fortuners than Innovas, just as what the data says.
    saka yung practical wise buyer Sir jut703, mas pinipli nila ang SUV variant, hindi po nagkakalayo sa price or kung meron naman po discount, the price value will be lowered, kaya marami na po ngayon sa kalsada ang GLX na montero at G na fort, it's possible na naging mabenta ngayong taon ang fort dahil sa strategy ng toyota na i stripped down yung G variant and yung original G variant ay naging V (4x2) after na nag-update yung engine into VNT + yung update version nila sa interior at yung kulay ng mags,

then other type of vehicle (pick-up) naman ang pinipili ng ibang buyer dahil wala naman silang passenger and instead na kumuha ng sedan, mas pinipili naman nila yung high ground clearance (dahil sa flood problems lalo na sa NCR or other places na flood prone same din sa SUV, yan ang common reason)

yung mga kumukuha ng G or V variant na innova, kadalasan po, napapansin ko, ang sakay either senior citizen, or may mga bata, dahil mas mababa naman yung ground clearance at convenient na makasakay o makababa.

Saka majority users ngayon ng SUV, naka-AT at madalang na lang po ang mga naka MT

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Sa SUV, andami pa rin sales ng Fort. Next year, malamang magugulo na sales nyan pag nag normalize na ang supply ng MUX tapos dadating pa ang bagong Everest. Hmmm. Sino na kaya mananalo sa SUV.
    Next year MU-x will for sure be 3rd. They will probably reach 8000 as per forecast. Hopefully next year Isuzu Philippines will consider assembling the MU-x locally. There is still shortage in Australia and Thailand.

The Everest will be released 3rd or 4th quarter pa, knowing na meron na bago, buyers will probably wait for the new one. Thereby lowering their sales in 2015.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless they switch to a fire sale of the current gen Everest, currently with a 100k discount.

A 300k discount just may be enough to run the market crazy

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Unless they switch to a fire sale of the current gen Everest, currently with a 100k discount.

A 300k discount just may be enough to run the market crazy
    VW is offering P300K discount, not sure what model/variant though, through Ayala (preferred customers)...

Mahal pa rin!...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.0K:drive1:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Saka majority users ngayon ng SUV, naka-AT at madalang na lang po ang mga naka MT
    A/T has reached its product maturity and therefore, very reliable... (huwag lang iyong sa Ford... )

So, everyone should be buying A/T these days for all rides.... I wonder what is the mix of A/T vs. M/T for each of the product segments?....

For a P50K price difference vs. M/T, that only means an additional of approx P1K a month for 5-year amortization plan.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    San kaya napunta itong mga Eons?
    Mas marami akong nakikitang Mirage dito sa south area.
    Oo nga, actually kahit wigo bihira rin ako makakita, madalas mirage..hindi kaya dahil sobrang liit di mapansin sa daan

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I think this illustrates how badly the Wigo is doing. It's the cheapest car from the manufacturer with the biggest dealer network, and it's still just barely leading the Mirage and Eon, which are two to three years old, already.

It might be a supply issue... but I'm thinking that there is also the possibility that the Wigo is just a step too far downmarket for the Toyota brand. They would have been better off bringing in an Aygo-level car... one slightly more expensive than the Wigo (say, Mirage-level in price) but with higher quality.

Maybe when supply normalizes, it'll start dominating... but I think second year sales will drop behind the Mirage.

Hhhmmmm,- this got me thinking... We'll see if the sale of this rebadged vehicle will get traction when supply normalizes.....

Avanza is doing pretty good as a rebadged vehicle...(I personally see it as practical, but not warm to it).... It is popular for those who want a cheap 5-seater with lots of trunk space or 7-seater,- and with a higher driving position....

Last edited by CVT; November 14th, 2014 at 08:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

A/T has reached its product maturity and therefore, very reliable... (huwag lang iyong sa Ford... )

So, everyone should be buying A/T these days for all rides.... I wonder what is the mix of A/T vs. M/T for each of the product segments?....

For a P50K price difference vs. M/T, that only means an additional of approx P1K a month for 5-year amortization plan.

There's still that small (and dwindling) market of people who actually prefer driving stick bro. Unfortunately very very few people drive manuals anymore today so it's hard for people like me to find a good MT car as the manufacturers don't bring them in anymore.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast