New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Gusto ko natatalo ng mga old school non-fuel injected cars ang mga SiR. hehehehe
    I get the picture of force-induced pushrod motors here ....
    There was once a sprint in Santa Rosa where an owner-type jeep was able to keep up with an SiR ...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    MonteroSport SUV vs Trucks; 10 Wheelers, Buses, Jeepneys...

They can't bully me off the road anymore with my Montersport, since my previous ride is a toyota vios I get a lot of road bullying by these monsters on the road on a daily basis!!
    Last night on slex my Sentra was bullied by a Vios... He's got a sticker on the side which read "Bad Boy"...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    They can't bully me off the road anymore with my Montersport, since my previous ride is a toyota vios I get a lot of road bullying by these monsters on the road on a daily basis!!
    I get this all the time. I drive a Jazz 1.3.

In my experience basta mabilis ang pagmamaneho mo, kahit ano pa ang kotse mo meron at merong darating na tututok sa puwitan mo. It's a dumb ego thing...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I get this all the time. I drive a Jazz 1.3.

In my experience basta mabilis ang pagmamaneho mo, kahit ano pa ang kotse mo meron at merong darating na tututok sa puwitan mo. It's a dumb ego thing...
    Agree here. And notice the car following you closely at the back is of the same size/class and perhaps a brand competition of yours.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I have been a car enthusiast since childhood, and so were my brothers and my dad. Whenever we drive on our Sentra b13 Super Saloon before in the 90s, my lil bro would always tease dad whenever a Corolla passes us by swiftly on the SLEX. Then I would laugh at a smoked Corona when dad rages his occassional Mazda 626 on C-5 road.

Then went discussions on "versus" favorites/classics like the Camaro-Mustang, Skyline-Supra-RX7, Ferrari-Lambo, BMW-Benz etc...

Let's get it on:

Civic vs Corolla
    > I just can't explain where does this urge to race a modded Corolla comes from whenever I hear its freeflow exhaust notes while Im driving behind him in my Civic. Sadly, my EG (d15b semi-stock) was beaten by an AE92 (silvertop)...

So what about your favorite rivalries and stories fellows?
    The B13 Sentra Super Saloon is no slouch, we had a '93 SE Saloon before, I loved driving it on the old SLEX racing it against the GLI, ESI of the same vintage. One thing I loved about the Sentra is that you didn't have to downshift when you get the sudden urge to speed up even when you're on the top gear, just step on the gas and go!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    The B13 Sentra Super Saloon is no slouch, we had a '93 SE Saloon before, I loved driving it on the old SLEX racing it against the GLI, ESI of the same vintage. One thing I loved about the Sentra is that you didn't have to downshift when you get the sudden urge to speed up even when you're on the top gear, just step on the gas and go!
    I see the b13 ga16de's got really good throttle response.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mitsubishi Strada, Toyota Hilux, Isuzu Dmax, Mazda Bt50 vs. Nissan Navara

All I can say is, its not a race car, its a pick-up.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yup, but sometimes it is so tempting to race with some cars especially if alam mong mas mabilis ka kaysa sa kanya or same specs lang kayo...you have that superiority feeling talaga.. but I don't dare to chase or race to those cars na alam mong wala ka namang may ibubuga sa kanya..but yung iba talaga ambisyoso eh..kakatakot na yan..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    last Monday night, I am with my uncle cruising in SLEX using his Subaru Tribeca when suddenly a red 2 tone 2nd gen Honda CRV and a white Nissan Xtrail (2004 i think based on the plate number XSA***) passes us. Samantalang yung BMW X5 and Mitsu MS pati yung mga JAM liner na bus, iniiwanan lang namin. Halatang magkasama yung Xtrail at CRV kasi naka-hazard sila pareho. I think we’re cruising at about 160kph. Di naman kasi ramdam na 160kph na yung tinatakbo mo dun sa Trib compared dun sa Lancer ko.

sabi na lang nung uncle ko nung nawala na yung CRV at Xtrail, "anu ba yan? nakakapanliit naman ng yagbols."
    Last edited by crave; February 19th, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    The old B13 was a good car... easily a match for the Civics of the time. And it had a sophisticated rear multi-link, unlike the Sentras that followed.

Interestingly, the coupe version of this, sold in the US, was a rival of the Integra. if you can believe it. Similar performance (Integra's B18 had more top-end power, but the light weight of the B13 SE-R and the extra torque of the SR20 meant that it was faster off the line) and similar size.

-

Car rivalries? Actually cared about that back in the day, when I was young and stupid. Nobody was as fast down C5 as me and my little old Sentra FE. In the corners that is. On the straights, I'd get passed by bone stock 1.6s...

Nowadays, nobody much bothers me. The only people going at the same speeds all have more power (Porsches, Evos, etcetera... ) and no way am I dumb enough to challenge those guys... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Car rivalries