New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have been a car enthusiast since childhood, and so were my brothers and my dad. Whenever we drive on our Sentra b13 Super Saloon before in the 90s, my lil bro would always tease dad whenever a Corolla passes us by swiftly on the SLEX. Then I would laugh at a smoked Corona when dad rages his occassional Mazda 626 on C-5 road.

Then went discussions on "versus" favorites/classics like the Camaro-Mustang, Skyline-Supra-RX7, Ferrari-Lambo, BMW-Benz etc...

Let's get it on:

Civic vs Corolla
    > I just can't explain where does this urge to race a modded Corolla comes from whenever I hear its freeflow exhaust notes while Im driving behind him in my Civic. Sadly, my EG (d15b semi-stock) was beaten by an AE92 (silvertop)...

So what about your favorite rivalries and stories fellows?
    Last edited by isa1023; February 18th, 2010 at 10:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    there will always be faster cars than what you are driving... what amazes me is how well the driver knows his car,how he compensates for his cars weaknesses and how fast he can drive the car...

I've seen an almost stock sentra outrunning a stock SIR...
    - nissan sentra fanboy - (it's not the ride, it's the rider. )

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tuwato View Post
    there will always be faster cars than what you are driving... what amazes me is how well the driver knows his car,how he compensates for his cars weaknesses and how fast he can drive the car...

I've seen an almost stock sentra outrunning a stock SIR...
    - nissan sentra fanboy - (it's not the ride, it's the rider. )
    I think it's in every go-driver's wishlist to beat an SiR someday.
    I actually beat one on SLEX before on an every Saturday morning sprint. Problem is, I really can't tell if he's just an LXi in SiR's clothing ...
    Even their door trims are the same kasi...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't have a particular couple of cars involved in a rivalry in mind but do notice that fellow motorists seem to be more inclined to be challenged by a car of the same category or body type.

It's like when you pull up beside a compact suv in your compact suv at a stoplight. The driver is more likely not to give way or run faster when he sees you as opposed to when you're driving a sedan.

Just my imagination?

I just saw one on TV lang. On discovery channel a Corvette beat a Ferrari.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MonteroSport SUV vs Trucks; 10 Wheelers, Buses, Jeepneys...

They can't bully me off the road anymore with my Montersport, since my previous ride is a toyota vios I get a lot of road bullying by these monsters on the road on a daily basis!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I don't have a particular couple of cars involved in a rivalry in mind but do notice that fellow motorists seem to be more inclined to be challenged by a car of the same category or body type.

It's like when you pull up beside a compact suv in your compact suv at a stoplight. The driver is more likely not to give way or run faster when he sees you as opposed to when you're driving a sedan.

Just my imagination?

I just saw one on TV lang. On discovery channel a Corvette beat a Ferrari.
    Yep. Na-hataw lang ako if the other driver is willing, and his compact car is also modded and Japanese. Not really concerned much about the age difference. A 1995 car can still smoke a 2007 car of its class, even one with a bit higher displacement...

Pero pansin ko lang, on our streets, the Civic-Corolla-Lancer-Sentra talaga is the classic rivalry..

I wish I'd see a Galant vs Accord vs Cefiro vs Camry stoplight sprint..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, i do see a lot of immaturity on the road.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Lancer Evolution vs Impreza STi

they are both rivals already since the earlier generations...then the WRC came they are still rivals .....until now the latest generations of both models....
    I wonder if it still would end...hehe

But for this current generation....I think the EVO has the upper hand...

what do you guys think?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gusto ko natatalo ng mga old school non-fuel injected cars ang mga SiR. hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Lancer Evolution vs Impreza STi

they are both rivals already since the earlier generations...then the WRC came they are still rivals .....until now the latest generations of both models....
    I wonder if it still would end...hehe

But for this current generation....I think the EVO has the upper hand...

what do you guys think?
    http://www.topgear.com/au/videos/evox-versus-impreza
    Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear UK thinks the Evo X wins over the Subie on most aspects...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Car rivalries