New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Ok.... Beginner and a girl
    Would your advise be different if it was a beginner and a boy?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    hello everyone!!

im also planning to buy my first car..

toyota vios
    honda city
    ford ecosport

ano pong pinaka swak sa 3?
    any other suggestions na wala po dyan sa sa mga pinagpipilian ko?

thank you

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ suzuki jimny, ciaz, swift

nissan almera & sylphy

all those cars mentioned above are pretty much underrated locally pero value for money sila

hth

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDriver14 View Post
    hello everyone!!

im also planning to buy my first car..

toyota vios
    honda city
    ford ecosport

ano pong pinaka swak sa 3?
    any other suggestions na wala po dyan sa sa mga pinagpipilian ko?

thank you

Lady driver,

Ikaw mukhang single kaya wala ka mautusan na boyfriend.

Sa choice mo pakitanggal vios. Ang bumibili na lang nyan mag uber, company car or taxi. Have some life. Babae ka pa naman. Arte artehan mo naman

Ang pwede mo ipalit sa vios eh yaris. And check some nissan, maganda hubog pag tumatagal.

City and ecoport parahe maganda though duda ako sa automatic trans ng ford.

Maganda bring someone to accompany you para itest drive. Hindi pwede hanggang tingin lang. Dapat may subok bago bili. Feel the car if smooth ba or nakakahilo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    Hi, my girlfriend is on a shopping for a car. With a budget of 800-900k she'll be the one to shoulder the cost (Loan on bank).
    We're not really rushing this so we want to execute this as smooth as possible.
    Priorites are the following:
    -Space
    -Decent looks on its price
    -AT
    -Features and safety

So far she is looking into this list (No MT please):
    Jazz
    City
    Juke, but 980k, given the budget she really prefers this.
    Mazda 2
    Elantra
    Ecosport

You could also suggest a decent 2nd hand car. As i'm also convincing her on this.
    Thanks!
    Itest drive niya lahat ng choice tapos dun sya magdecide. Kung driving experience ang usapan, go ako sa mazda2 (with free pms pa). Downside is kung first priority ang space, mas masikip interior niya compared sa jazz/city pero understandable parin naman for 3 adults to sit behind. Fuel efficiency, parking, almost all aspects aside sa interior space, perfect sya.

Mazda 2 V+ srp is 895k but you can get a discount of up to 50-60k. So parang makukuha mo na yung honda city vx sa presyo ng honda city e.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chan024 View Post
    Itest drive niya lahat ng choice tapos dun sya magdecide. Kung driving experience ang usapan, go ako sa mazda2 (with free pms pa). Downside is kung first priority ang space, mas masikip interior niya compared sa jazz/city pero understandable parin naman for 3 adults to sit behind. Fuel efficiency, parking, almost all aspects aside sa interior space, perfect sya.

Mazda 2 V+ srp is 895k but you can get a discount of up to 50-60k. So parang makukuha mo na yung honda city vx sa presyo ng honda city e.
    3 adults in the Mazda 3's rear is definitely not comfortable. Super sikip and I would never recommend it to anyone looking for space. The Jazz and City are much, much larger. The Mazda 2 is closer to the Mirage in terms of space.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chan024 View Post

maganda po talaga yung mazda 2 pero sabi nila cramped" daw ung interior lalo n ung backseat.. 5'11" po height ng brother ko, baka hindi sya makaupo comfortably esp in long distance travels..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    Hi, my girlfriend is on a shopping for a car. With a budget of 800-900k she'll be the one to shoulder the cost (Loan on bank).
    We're not really rushing this so we want to execute this as smooth as possible.
    Priorites are the following:
    -Space
    -Decent looks on its price
    -AT
    -Features and safety

So far she is looking into this list (No MT please):
    Jazz
    City
    Juke, but 980k, given the budget she really prefers this.
    Mazda 2
    Elantra
    Ecosport

You could also suggest a decent 2nd hand car. As i'm also convincing her on this.
    Thanks!
    If space is your biggest priority, the Nissan Sylphy 1.6 CVT is 949k but my officemate got a 60k discount before. Very spacious although not as much toys as the City/Jazz VX.

If you want a subcompact, the City, Jazz, and Ciaz are all very spacious. The Ciaz is as big as a compact car already and it's pretty cheap at 773k. It's gonna have poorer resale value than a City so the 30k difference between the Ciaz and the entry-level City E might be worth it for you.

If you can afford it though, the City VX is the best all-rounder subcompact you can get. At 913k, it's slightly over budget but I believe Honda offers 10-20k discounts so it should fall within your upper limit. If you can live without the toys, the City E is also a pretty good package (better than the Vios E) at 804k.

Personally I think the Jazz is a better car for an extra 20k more but it really depends if you prefer a hatch or sedan. You can't go wrong with either.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Nagtest drive kami ng AT Jazz, not sure CVT ba to? Parang mas responsive kesa Altis 11th hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If space is your biggest priority, the Nissan Sylphy 1.6 CVT is 949k but my officemate got a 60k discount before. Very spacious although not as much toys as the City/Jazz VX.

If you want a subcompact, the City, Jazz, and Ciaz are all very spacious. The Ciaz is as big as a compact car already and it's pretty cheap at 773k. It's gonna have poorer resale value than a City so the 30k difference between the Ciaz and the entry-level City E might be worth it for you.

If you can afford it though, the City VX is the best all-rounder subcompact you can get. At 913k, it's slightly over budget but I believe Honda offers 10-20k discounts so it should fall within your upper limit. If you can live without the toys, the City E is also a pretty good package (better than the Vios E) at 804k.

Personally I think the Jazz is a better car for an extra 20k more but it really depends if you prefer a hatch or sedan. You can't go wrong with either.

i was in an eon last sunday...amazed how perky it was...the backseat was cramp as expected...but for its price...ok na din around the village

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast