New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pareho lang headlights ng lahat ng EX models,baka sa bumbilya lang magkatao if ever..I dont think iibahin pa ng mitsu yan additional gastos pa sa kanila yan...
    as what ive mentioned previously toss coin nalang yan, GT mahal pero drive ka nalang kasi maporma na, pms nalang asikasuhin mo, GLX mura pero kung i momod mo pa maglalabas ka rin ng pera, may risk pa sa warranty...in the end kung ano ang tawag ika nga nila ng puso mo i go mo na(at panindigan mo na)...para maka order ka na, para maiuwi mo na rin at makapag post ka na rin ng picture at kung sakali mag EB na tayo

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the TS is choosing between GLX and GT. malinaw na M/T ang gusto nya at hinde CVT.
    hindi rin naman nya sinabi na base on engine power. ang sinasabi lang naming PRO GT ay mas practical kasi wala ka nang gagalawin at walang ma void na warranty. hindi pa hassle pumunta sa mga accessories shop at baka lokohin ka pa. and hindi rin naman Rockford Fostgate ang sound system ng GT eh. sa GTA lang available yun kaya walang dapat ika-hinayang

and we're just JOKING about that RACKFORD.. that's why all caps ko tinype diba?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mojotojo,
    you may also ask/inquire from the lancer fortis owners (mlph fortis crew) at www.mitsulancerph.net
    very accomodating din sila tulad ng mga taga dito sa tsikot.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Pareho lang headlights ng lahat ng EX models,baka sa bumbilya lang magkatao if ever..I dont think iibahin pa ng mitsu yan additional gastos pa sa kanila yan...
    as what ive mentioned previously toss coin nalang yan, GT mahal pero drive ka nalang kasi maporma na, pms nalang asikasuhin mo, GLX mura pero kung i momod mo pa maglalabas ka rin ng pera, may risk pa sa warranty...in the end kung ano ang tawag ika nga nila ng puso mo i go mo na(at panindigan mo na)...para maka order ka na, para maiuwi mo na rin at makapag post ka na rin ng picture at kung sakali mag EB na tayo
    apir tayo dyan brader!

palaging pareho tayo ng boto dito sa comparo ah.. hehehe.. pero practical naman talaga na mag GT na diba? :clap:

brader yung headlights pala ng GLX ay hindi naka HID so hindi sya projector type. ang USDM lancer EX hindi rin naka projector type headlights
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; June 16th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ETO. HERE'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GLX AND THE GT(A)

wow pare manythanks sa effort mo highly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If the TS decides to change his options, then the SUBARU IMPREZA is a go go! It's effin better!
    haha.. price of subaru is out of range... look of it not my type.. though i love the fact that it is a hatch.. (im pro hatch eh)..

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    wag na natin ito pahabain pa. better get the GT model. andun na kasi yung mga upgrades na ikakabit mo eh. HID, mags, kits, spoilers, etc.. more safety features pa tapos maganda ang braking system ng Lancer GT & GT-A.

kasi kung kinuha mo yung lower model tapos sasalpakan mo ng mods, yari ka sa warranty. pag sisisihan mo din yan sa huli. kaya mag GT ka nalang.

Ngayon, nag sisisi na ako na nag Civic FD pa ako. sana pala Lancer EX GT-A nalang binili ko ;)

iba parin ang pakiramdam ng hi model than base model na modified.

para ka lang naka Civic 1.8S na mas modified pa sa 2.0S-L pero kahit bali baliktarin mo ang mundo, 1.8S ka parin. (no offense sa mga naka Civic 1.8S modified. ako rin naman e)

and hindi po RACKFORD Fostgate yung audio system ng GT. AFAIK GT-A lang
    hmm.. good to hear an EX recommendation from and FD owner.. sa totoo lang .. gulping gulpi ako ng mga friends ko na FD owners lahat sinasabihan ako panget daw Lancer, sayang daw pera, mag re-regret daw ako etc.. heheheh .. well bias nga naman di maiwasan hahaha

thanks for being true to your own honest oppinions..

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    mojotojo,
    you may also ask/inquire from the lancer fortis owners (mlph fortis crew) at www.mitsulancerph.net
    very accomodating din sila tulad ng mga taga dito sa tsikot.
    yes bossing posted there the same thread hehehe hakot ng mga feedbacks before i make the 1M Peso leap!

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    how i wish.. davao ako preng.. di ako maka sali sa mga EB nyo

alright.. i also have had some progress on my end.. post ko in a while..... update ko kau....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hey guys,

thanks for all who posted... please keep em coming...

update on my side though.. my friends and I went to Mitsu local dealer to checkout the ride for myself..

so i was greeted by the GT version, exactly the color i wanted. WHITE!!

it looks pretty damn goood... i should say..

went and saw the GLX version at the back (storage area) to see the actual differences...

already it look and felt like huge downgrade.. plus worsen by the eeky color of .. what is that.. dulliified gold?

and yes i also confirm the HID's and FOG LAMPS arent present in the GLX version:

So tried to look passed the basic aesthetics, coz ultimately, i did plan to mod it anyway... seems an OK option * 890K .. plus modz.. vs basic 915K of the CIVIC 2009 1.8 V version .. the 2L mitsu is screaming w/ good deal

but lemme start off w/ my rants...

the worst.. I AM UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED w/ the build quality of the interior plastics of the EX.... it's great, the design and all.. and for the most parts. but there are just some important parts feels absolutely cheap ..specially for what was supposed to be JAPAN MADE cars (recent batches comes straight from japan i heard)

to name a few, here's a pic i took of the GT's interior.. and some notes on it

"Flimsy Covers" - it's just absolutely flimsy, loose fit, and wobbly.. feels like it will be the first things to break.

"Flimsy plastics" - there are lots of plastics here and there that feels weak, thin, and wobbly.. not like the FIRM tupperware like plastics used on the Honda Civics and even my girl's 2004 Vios..

"Wasted Space" - while i see in lots of cars now w/ dual compartments, the lancer seems to just have the standard bottom compartment, and i dont know why the heck they didtn build atleast a small compartment on the upper part of the dashboard for a bit more storage space.. instead, the bulked dash board on the passenger side seems to be just wasted.. the space inside that top part isnt even used for the bottom compartment.. what a waste..

oh and there's more:

the levers for seat adjustments are the most wobbly, flimsy, wimpy pieces of plastics in the interior!!! my the seat levers on my Kia Avela even feels more durable...

for a car generation highly revered gloablly, and quite expensive, these faults are inexcusable .so yeah it was a moment of DISAPPOINTMENT right there..

and... specifically on the GLX ... WOODEN ACCENTS??? eeeeekk!!! makes the car feel so OLD.. despite it being all MODERN... if i am to get the GLX, that's the #1 thing i'd change.. cover it w/ carbfibe stickers perhaps! sheesh

So am i turning away from the lancer of my choice? NOPE. hehe .. i just needed to let my frustrations out..

So with rants said the LANCER EX models are still beautiful, hightech, cars that screams JAPANESE TECH all over.. specially on the GT version.. while i found some major problems, there are so much more to celebrate about..

the car looked great on the pictures,but it looks so much more grand in person.. and the fact that there is probably 1 LANCER EX in every 40 or more HONDA FD's in my city-Davao (dunno about manila or cebu) makes the EX very unique.. something important to me

so back to my dilema of GT vs GLX

..though i did plan to save 260K and go GLX and mod it.. there are still some things i may not be able to get w/ it:

- complete disc breaks
    - auto adjusting halogen lights
    - ABS
    - Leather steering wheels w/ volume controls
    - Fog Lamps (Coz the GLX has different grills, no space for lamps, and would require some moding or total replacement for lamps)
    - additional airbags
    - larger break disks/drums

... and the plan was to (coz i could) get GLX and immediately setup:
    - wrap around kits
    - spoilers
    - aftermarket 17" rimz 205x50 tires (yes not 18" 45 series coz i want comfort )
    - replace that hideous wooden accents on the GLX's interiors
    - add in bucket seats
    - HID
    - Fog Lamps
    - some paint jobs (for kits, and the door handles, etc)

looking at all that seems to be more work , and at the end of all this i probably just saved myself 100K total.. plus risk of voiding warranties....

that said, i could get the GT, everything is set! all i need to do is trade in 18" rimz for an aftermarket 17" ones (coz the stock 18" sucked ) ... and im DONE.... i'll prolly can move on already to simple body graf and stickers and accessorizations ..

....and when the lancer EX becomes common (2-3 years from now atleast).. ten it's time to MOD the HECK out of it for uniqueness.. perhaps ralliart kits wil become available..

so yeah that's where i'm at right now..... and it seems im sold w/ the GT idea......

or.. i can scratch all this and follow some of my persistent friends' advises... "GO FD! GO FD! GO FD!" they cry. lolz..

So.. seriously though.. GT it seems... any final thoughts ya'll?

PS
    wow this is kinda like a REVIEW already.. i hope this post would prove useful to others!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    friend,
    If i may give my 2 cents, as a recent buyer of a GLS EX version...
    Mine has fog lamps (seems that the GLS version has though), the interior is quite underwhelming at first, but after a while you get used to it. I do wana put a carbon silver sticker on the wood trim, (does anyone know where to get this?). But i love the look of the car even if it doesnt have the skirts and wheels. The 16" wheels are totally fine and look like the civics 1.8S mags, and the ride is way better (i test drove the gt-a). The fact it has those angry tail lamps , the agressive front end, totally shames the civic and the altis. ALso youre only a few on the road. I counted 1 lancer in the car park vs 14 civics...
    bt, the gls/glx have black side mirrors and door handles....except the black version which has different material on the side mirrors and handles...same as the rest of the body. Thats why i got black.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    friend,
    Mine has fog lamps (seems that the GLS version has though), the interior is quite underwhelming at first, but after a while you get used to it. I do wana put a carbon silver sticker on the wood trim, (does anyone know where to get this?). But i love the look of the car even if it doesnt have the skirts and wheels. The 16" wheels are totally fine and look like the civics 1.8S mags, and the ride is way better (i test drove the gt-a). The fact it has those angry tail lamps , the agressive front end, totally shames the civic and the altis. ALso youre only a few on the road. I counted 1 lancer in the car park vs 14 civics...
    bt, the gls/glx have black side mirrors and door handles....except the black version which has different material on the side mirrors and handles...same as the rest of the body. Thats why i got black.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    friend,

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    You're right MOJO TOJO.. I am also disappointed with the plastic almost wrap around the GT's. But when it comes to performance i can assure you that it's good. I just dont's like it's interior. And another thing is how can we upgrade the sound system wit the multimedia?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Can't Decide between 2009 LANCER EX GLX or GT