New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hey all

a little backgrounder
    i've been scouting for a new car, (my 2nd car only) and my original choices were honda FD or Ford Focus.. Ford focus is great but seems to be too expensive - where the most common reactions would be to buy honda civic nalang at that price .. i've to agree..

however driving around i noticed that there's a ton of FD's out there now and it's starting have that common look already.. except for the tricked out FD's that are uber cool! but i've always had this "thing" for being unique/different..

so i decided to check out the Mitsu's... and me being a Lancer design fan ever since, i was shocked to realized there's a new Lancer already that's looking pretty slick! and plus there's not that many on the road..

the now
    consulted w/ friends who are better at cars (im somewhat of a noob actually).. read around for some reviews.. specially in tsikot forums.. LANCER is the way to go indeed..

There are only 2 models im interested in (and can probably afford)
    [SIZE=2]L[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ancer EX[/SIZE][SIZE=2] 2.0 GLX MT[/SIZE][SIZE=2] MIVEC [/SIZE][SIZE=2]* [/SIZE]890,000
    [SIZE=2]L[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ancer EX[/SIZE][SIZE=2] 2.0 GT MT[/SIZE][SIZE=2] MIVEC [/SIZE][SIZE=2]*[/SIZE] 1,150,000 - Php 260,000 more!!!

The reason im going for these models are mainly because it's the new look (should keep me in style for a good 5 or so years)... and MANUAL!!!! I like to be in control - and im cheap, wana save gas.. hehehe

I did a quick comparison on the 2 models and basically the things taken away or different from in the GLX (cheaper model ) that i know of are:

1) 18" Tires vs 16" on the GLX and a tad bit thinner <-- i dont mind since i wanted to equip it w/ my own 17" aftermarket choices (ROta? concept one? ) and mod it w/ custom sides and stuff..

2) ABS, drum brake, disc brake thingamajigz... <-- dont really care much for those

3) Wooden strip in the interior <- i dont like this.. gives it an old feeling rather than luxurious

4) Basic Steering Wheel <-- no bells whistles, audio controls etc.. i really wanted this as this stuff enhances the look and feel of the interior a lot

5) fewer air bags (knee area etc) <-- i dont mind...

these are the only ones i can find.. as for looks, and other stuffs, im not so sure.. if you guys can also share other significant differences between the two, that would really help me a lot in my decision..

SO yeah.. what do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think you should get the Lancer GT. Why?

It's more sporty, and thus you dont really need to fit some mods.

You said that you wanted to fit some 17" mags, why put 17" if the GT has 18" ?

Same engine....so I guess there will be no comparison about the FC.

IMO, I'd get the GT bec. it's rare, sporty and the modded look of the lancer. And oh, because of it's huge huge wheels ;)

And oh, one more thing, the ABS, air-bags etc etc. IS IMPORTANT. ( we dont know, you might use it in the future )

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Matipid naman sa gas ang CVT (auto) so i think yun na lang, yung GLS. Disc brake na rin daw ang rear (newly upgraded model). GT, GTA are way too overpriced. Kung yan din lang, I'd rather get a Ford Focus TDCI (diesel).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, since you do plan to customize the car, buying the 09 Lancer EX GLX would save you over P200K. It would already have the same basic look.

Spend the saved P200K wisely on the right aftermarket goodies and you'll be much happier than if you bought the GT model.

Enjoy.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I think you should get the Lancer GT. Why?

It's more sporty, and thus you dont really need to fit some mods.

You said that you wanted to fit some 17" mags, why put 17" if the GT has 18" ?

Same engine....so I guess there will be no comparison about the FC.

IMO, I'd get the GT bec. it's rare, sporty and the modded look of the lancer. And oh, because of it's huge huge wheels ;)

And oh, one more thing, the ABS, air-bags etc etc. IS IMPORTANT. ( we dont know, you might use it in the future )
    re Wheelsize, i've read that the 18" 45series combi of the GT, as expected, results in a bit of a rough ride.. i think 17" is good combo of style and comfortable ride.. less stress on the suspension (though the Lancer EX are built w/ the rally suspensions and all )

regarding GT being a sporty and modded look.. umm besides the wheel size, i didnt know they had differences in looks? like what? side skirts spoilers and all? Labo kasi ng website ng mitsu di masyado helpful sa pag compare..

ABS= agreed this is quite important.. but im pretty good w/ my braking techniques para iwas locks and etc..

airbags = yes.. i would appreciate the extra security .. hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, since you do plan to customize the car, buying the 09 Lancer EX GLX would save you over P200K. It would already have the same basic look.

Spend the saved P200K wisely on the right aftermarket goodies and you'll be much happier than if you bought the GT model.

Enjoy.
    i know right? although the difference is that 200K will come straight out of me shallow pockets.. not under the financing plan hehehe. although i'd be wasting the GT look coz im just replace things later.. can these stock kits and tires stuffs be sold? i mean is there a market for this kinda stuff?

hmm.. do these dealers allow you to buy w/ upgrades? say i buy the GLX, can i get it upgraded w/ the better steeringwheel and abs? pwede bang ganun pag bumibili ng brand new?

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Matipid naman sa gas ang CVT (auto) so i think yun na lang, yung GLS. Disc brake na rin daw ang rear (newly upgraded model). GT, GTA are way too overpriced. Kung yan din lang, I'd rather get a Ford Focus TDCI (diesel).
    If you go with this decision you will regret this dude, a li'l bit of difference focus vs lancer gt or gt-a? il go with Lancers.. i have lancer GT-a grabe pag naka manual mode ka sobrang tipid para kang nkadiesel. And most important, HEAD TURNER talaga..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah the top of the line GT-A is overpriced kapresyo na ng 4X2 Montero Sport and more expensive than the 4X2 Outlander.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rllopez1229 View Post
    If you go with this decision you will regret this dude, a li'l bit of difference focus vs lancer gt or gt-a? il go with Lancers.. i have lancer GT-a grabe pag naka manual mode ka sobrang tipid para kang nkadiesel. And most important, HEAD TURNER talaga..
    im confused.. i thought the lancer ex models are all the same looks except for the wheels and a few trim differences etc? are there any MAJOR look/body differences? Can someone be kind enough to post pics of the different LANCER EX models? Been pounding google all day .. cant seem to get pics of the differences..

as for the GT-A.. i think it's way passed my level na.. coming from an idea of getting a car for about 600K, and now actuall considering a 1.15m car.. is a huge leap for me already.. the GT-A, for all its glory is next to impossible for me na.. and i wouldnt pay that much extra for the audio system i can setup myself...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pag GT drive ka na kahit saan kasi pogi na,kaso mahal, Pag GLX may konting pasyal sa mod shops, baka may gawin ka na ma void warranty mo..Pero malaki matitipid mo...so it all depends...toss coin dude para maka order na

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    since you're planning to mod your ride, the ex glx is the way to go. the huge savings you'll be getting can be used to pimp up your ride with mods that matches your personality and taste.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Can't Decide between 2009 LANCER EX GLX or GT