New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    260K is still 260K...
    go for the GLX. the 18inchers of the GT-A, though it looks cool, result in a nasty ride. my college friends and I made it fly at SCTEX last week and it was sweet! but on our way back to Manila, the ride was uncomfortable. not something you would expect from a 4month old, 1.2M car.

buy the GLX, set it up with the skirts later on(esp if you're keeping it for 5 yrs, mabu-budget to ng walang hassle).

Wooden strips can be replaced by brushed steel or CF materials in decent shops.

Steering wheel audio controls? You can live without them.. Slap a nice looking MOMO on it and i'll look awesome!

again, 260K is still 260K... marami ka ng mabibili sa savings na to. save it na lang... just my two cents..

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    260K is still 260K...
    go for the GLX. the 18inchers of the GT-A, though it looks cool, result in a nasty ride. my college friends and I made it fly at SCTEX last week and it was sweet! but on our way back to Manila, the ride was uncomfortable. not something you would expect from a 4month old, 1.2M car.

buy the GLX, set it up with the skirts later on(esp if you're keeping it for 5 yrs, mabu-budget to ng walang hassle).

Wooden strips can be replaced by brushed steel or CF materials in decent shops.

Steering wheel audio controls? You can live without them.. Slap a nice looking MOMO on it and i'll look awesome!

again, 260K is still 260K... marami ka ng mabibili sa savings na to. save it na lang... just my two cents..
    elo bro, do you know what you're talking to?!.. were talking here if he just have extra.. and besides 260k is fair enough. Ganun din, magmomodify ka ng sasakyan, plus factor RACKFORD FOSGATE.. audio controls in steering wheels are lil bit important, for safety ofcourse.. me, ive got no regrets.. I would suggest if u have EXTRA.. get GT-A remember, its a head turner talaga..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoTojo View Post
    i know right? although the difference is that 200K will come straight out of me shallow pockets.. not under the financing plan hehehe. although i'd be wasting the GT look coz im just replace things later.. can these stock kits and tires stuffs be sold? i mean is there a market for this kinda stuff?
    yes, but you are selling directly into the 2nd hand market which may or may not have a big demand for your stock wheels.

hmm.. do these dealers allow you to buy w/ upgrades? say i buy the GLX, can i get it upgraded w/ the better steeringwheel and abs? pwede bang ganun pag bumibili ng brand new?
    Generally no. And ABS is not an option you can just buy and install into your car. Its usually you have it or you don't. The same goes with airbags since it has to be wired to the sensor and trigger system for it to work properly.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *oliver1013
    you have a very good point na di ko naisip.. the insurance expense.. tama nga naman.. thanks .. atleast another factor of consideration.

* LEoX and badbadtz.carlo

yep yun nga na isip ko eh.. i guess im leaning towards getting the base model GLX and trick it out my way..

* rllopez1229

umm hehe.. i did not mean for the GT-A (or GTS internationally) to be included in the comparisons. di ko na maaford yun.. GT or GLX lang ang aking choices.. and the GLX doesnt come equipped w/ the uber sound systems etc..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rllopez1229 View Post
    elo bro, do you know what you're talking to?!.. were talking here if he just have extra.. and besides 260k is fair enough. Ganun din, magmomodify ka ng sasakyan, plus factor RACKFORD FOSGATE.. audio controls in steering wheels are lil bit important, for safety ofcourse.. me, ive got no regrets.. I would suggest if u have EXTRA.. get GT-A remember, its a head turner talaga..
    I know exactly what i'm talking about.. i've spent quite a good amount of time on a GT-A, and i personally don't think the add-on price is worth it, based on my standards. how much more ung GT na a notch lower pero 1.15M pa ren? If you're happy with your GT-A and your purchase, good for you!

the TS wanted our personal opinions on the comparison between a GT and GLX purchase, and that's what i gave.

for TS, FYI, my neighbor has a GLX purchased 2 months ago, and he got full OEM look plastic wraparound kit with ducktail, ralliart tail lamps and foglight kits for 35K. also, the 16's comfort level is way better than the 18's.

good luck on your car hunt and show us pics whatever is your final choice!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rllopez1229 View Post

what are you talking to? rackford?
    sorry just cant help it

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Lancer gt manual. The gt-a is way too overpriced. Pero kung gusto mo talaga maporma mag FD ka na lang. Lagyan mo mugen bodykit and rims. Mas headturner pa din ang pormadong civic IMHO.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    I know exactly what i'm talking about.. i've spent quite a good amount of time on a GT-A, and i personally don't think the add-on price is worth it, based on my standards. how much more ung GT na a notch lower pero 1.15M pa ren? If you're happy with your GT-A and your purchase, good for you!

the TS wanted our personal opinions on the comparison between a GT and GLX purchase, and that's what i gave.

for TS, FYI, my neighbor has a GLX purchased 2 months ago, and he got full OEM look plastic wraparound kit with ducktail, ralliart tail lamps and foglight kits for 35K. also, the 16's comfort level is way better than the 18's.

good luck on your car hunt and show us pics whatever is your final choice!
    Yeah bro youre right.. hehe.. Peace out bro..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ETO. HERE'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GLX AND THE GT(A)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But it sill remains that even with those bling blings of the GT-A its not worth the price difference from a GLX. The important parts like the engine and transmission are all the same.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Can't Decide between 2009 LANCER EX GLX or GT