New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008

I'm trying to figure out what brand and model of car this is, can't seem to do it. As far I can tell, it's a crossover vehicle or small sport utility vehicle of some sort, but that about all I can determine.

Got the picture from here: http://miros-road-safety.blogspot.co...-not-joke.html

The crash is pretty severe, and the other pictures of the incident show the driver cut in two at the waist (the link above doesn't show the gruesome pics, just the wreckage). Any ideas? All I've got to go one is the body style (probably a crossover) and the taillights.

Apologies if this the wrong place for this thread, can't seem to find any other more appropriate place within the forums.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Looks like an old Renault Megane Scenic RX4. Could be wrong though.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Looks like an old Renault Megane Scenic RX4. Could be wrong though.
    Hindi siguro, checked out the pictures of a Renault Megane, it's a supermini. I would guess that this is a crossover vehicle since the spare is mounted at the rear.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post

I'm trying to figure out what brand and model of car this is, can't seem to do it. As far I can tell, it's a crossover vehicle or small sport utility vehicle of some sort, but that about all I can determine.

Got the picture from here: http://miros-road-safety.blogspot.co...-not-joke.html

The crash is pretty severe, and the other pictures of the incident show the driver cut in two at the waist (the link above doesn't show the gruesome pics, just the wreckage). Any ideas? All I've got to go one is the body style (probably a crossover) and the taillights.

Apologies if this the wrong place for this thread, can't seem to find any other more appropriate place within the forums.

the aluminum wheel looks like a standard issue mazda equipment and the center cap logo on the wheel looks like that of mazda.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; February 2nd, 2010 at 08:20 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    Hindi siguro, checked out the pictures of a Renault Megane, it's a supermini. I would guess that this is a crossover vehicle since the spare is mounted at the rear.
    The RX4 is the "SUV" version of the Scenic hatch, based on the old Megane's bones - hence my guess. Released 2001-2004 I believe. And it had a rear-mounted spare as well.

The Megane is a supermini? Last I checked the Clio was Renault's supermini. The Megane is its answer to the Corolla/Civic/Lancer et al.

I could still be wrong though.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The RX4 is the "SUV" version of the Scenic hatch, based on the old Megane's bones - hence my guess. Released 2001-2004 I believe. And it had a rear-mounted spare as well.

The Megane is a supermini? Last I checked the Clio was Renault's supermini. The Megane is its answer to the Corolla/Civic/Lancer et al.

I could still be wrong though.
    Hmmm...pwede.

The taillights look similar, though the C-pillar is a bit different. It may be due to crash damage, or a different model year though.

My apologies, the hatch megane looks like a supermini when viewed from the rear. Yup, it's a small family car/C-segment car along the lines of the Civic, etc.

If you're curious to see the more gruesome pics of the accident showing the driver's body cut in two, here's the link:

http://miros-road-safety.blogspot.co...-pictures.html

I wouldn't recommend you look at the pictures if you're squeamish. Nor would I recommend running into a trailer truck head on.

Can you help me identify this car?