New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    bro loco :: Since it's a chevy, di ba mahirap at mahal parts nun ? tsaka di ba malakas gas since it's a chevy ?

thanks.

well, for the parts naman Yes, its a bit expensive rather than the japanese counterparts but if you know where to look naman hehe...afford na din..

yup malakas din sya sa gas, but what I'm saying is its a bit more economical rather than its counterparts....like the Ford Explorer and the Dodge Durango ba yun? hehe...I was able to compare it kasi I had a chance to talk to the drivers of my mothers friends and they were surprised that I was able to reach 7 to 8 kms/liter samantalang sakanila is swerte na daw pag nag 6kms/liter and to think that they all have a V6 engine

Unfortunately we had to sell it na because its already coming of age...
    and knowing its resale value masyado ng ba-baba kapag if we hold on to it pa for another year or two...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    its a 7 seater bro...may third row seats sya.... and suprisingly economical and comfortable rather than any other american SUV within its level....
    I had a friend with a trailblazer and it is 5 seater only baka depende sa model yong may 7 seater let me check on that

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    well, for the parts naman Yes, its a bit expensive rather than the japanese counterparts but if you know where to look naman hehe...afford na din..

yup malakas din sya sa gas, but what I'm saying is its a bit more economical rather than its counterparts....like the Ford Explorer and the Dodge Durango ba yun? hehe...I was able to compare it kasi I had a chance to talk to the drivers of my mothers friends and they were surprised that I was able to reach 7 to 8 kms/liter samantalang sakanila is swerte na daw pag nag 6kms/liter and to think that they all have a V6 engine

Unfortunately we had to sell it na because its already coming of age...
    and knowing its resale value masyado ng ba-baba kapag if we hold on to it pa for another year or two...
    7 to 8km/l ? Matipid nga.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gomez View Post
    I had a friend with a trailblazer and it is 5 seater only baka depende sa model yong may 7 seater let me check on that

Siguro sir it depends on the variant. Di kasi ako familiar with american suv's eh.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ours is a 2004 model...and it has foldable 3rd row seats...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I have really a big question mark regarding the quality of explorer kaya nga masyadong mababa ang resale value
    wag ka masyado paniwala sa sabi sabi ng pinoy about ford explorer. imho, pinoys equate high maintenance to poor quality. naging poor quality coz they can't maintain it. if they can't maintain it, then naturally iiwas sa 2nd hand. hence, the low resale value bec. of low demand.

Ford especially truck-based ones are built tough. we have one a 4x4 EB. grabe lumaban 'to sa Ondoy at nakalusot. paakyat pa yan ha with raging water coming down. and also Ford trucks have water proof computer boxes kaya kahit lumubog yan hanggang makina mapapaandar

tingin ko nga lang mamumulubi ka sa gas dito since back and forth ka sa province.

we were able to sit comfortably 7 people here na with 1 dog going to baguio and back. sobra comfy, di mo nararamdaman mga lubak sa roads going to baguio

medyo stiffer ride compared to my Santa Fe pero kaya nga stiff kasi nga talagang panlaban sa daan ng P'nas.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    wag ka masyado paniwala sa sabi sabi ng pinoy about ford explorer. imho, pinoys equate high maintenance to poor quality. naging poor quality coz they can't maintain it. if they can't maintain it, then naturally iiwas sa 2nd hand. hence, the low resale value bec. of low demand.

Ford especially truck-based ones are built tough. we have one a 4x4 EB. grabe lumaban 'to sa Ondoy at nakalusot. paakyat pa yan ha with raging water coming down. and also Ford trucks have water proof computer boxes kaya kahit lumubog yan hanggang makina mapapaandar

tingin ko nga lang mamumulubi ka sa gas dito since back and forth ka sa province.

we were able to sit comfortably 7 people here na with 1 dog going to baguio and back. sobra comfy, di mo nararamdaman mga lubak sa roads going to baguio

medyo stiffer ride compared to my Santa Fe pero kaya nga stiff kasi nga talagang panlaban sa daan ng P'nas.
    If you maintain your truck properly hindi daw nagkakaproblema talaga, but other says they do maintain it in regular basis but still they got a problem not only from ford but most of all vehicles, but if you look from other foriegn forum you will find higher percentage of problematic cars are from american builders and No. 1 from them are made by ford. I dont know they said americans has the best technology in every way of the vehicle the question is "what about the quality"
    IF I have to choice in Vehicle I would prefer first the Quality of the vehicle, I'm OFW kaya second hand lang ang gusto kung gamit sa Pinas kasi paminsan minsan ko lang gagamitin Ayokong bumili ng brand new tapos di naman ako ang gagamit since kasama ko dito ang family ko dito. Here in abroad I use Infiniti Qx4 and only I can say is I have the best choice

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Used gasoline Pajeros are cheaper than the diesels. Try looking for V6 3000 Pajeros, avoid the GDI 3500 engine. Eight people will still be a tight squeeze. If you don't really need 4x4, try looking at Hyundai Starex vans.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, php800t budget, 4x4, 7 seater?

i should say go for the 1999 - 2000 model 2.8 field master pajero. you can still get low mileage and seldom used fm's nowadays, you just need to scout around.

hth!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, I have to agree with Gen. Miting that ford is really built tough. Actually there are several Ford owners here who can really attest to you that, and scharnhorst is one of those satisfied Ford owners. Well, he owns a Ranger whose odometer has already clocked more than a hundred thousand kilometers. ;)
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 10th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For 800k, I think the Pajero and the Ford Everest 4x4 would fit the bill nicely. If you're going for the Pajero, get an original LHD unit and not some converted junk from Cagayan or Subic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Buying a second hand 4x4 suv