New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi, to every expert in suv 4x4 please help i want to buy a second hand 4x4 suv 7 to 9 seater budget up to 800k only kapos lagi sa budget e. Alin ba sa mga suv ang mas matibay pag bibili ng second hand, gagamitin ko sa amin sa bukid kasama na rin ang long trip let say na makakarating ng baguio na hindi naman ako ititirik sa daan. I dont care kung gas or diesel basta defendable na hindi sirain ok na sa akin. Alam kung basta second hand sigurado na sirain na ang option ko lang e alin ba ang mas maganda salamat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    mitsu montero sport 2.5 MT or 3.2 AT pero i doubt kung may kasya to sa budget mo sir. pero its new and reliable.

mitsu outlander. its 4x4 indeed, slightly lower price than the montero sport(not sure) but afaik its a 5 seater.

ford expedition or explorer? mababa kase resale value nito so malamang makatyamba ka sir ng within budget range.

ford escape 4x4 but its a 5 seater

chevrolet captiva? same with the fords, low resale value, a lil' bit hard to maitain and bad after sales service. sa bagay, 2nd hand naman.

i did not mentioned any toyota (kahit maka toyota ako) kase non of your categories are met. and the only 4x4 and seats 7 is the fortuner 3.0 d4d. may issue kase sa d4d (2.5 and 3.0?) engines e, and its not advisable to buy a 2nd hand d4d.imho

pero if i were in your seat, ill invest the money for a brandnew one, have it installment for the remaining balance or save more money and have it fully paid. 800k is not a small amount. you can even buy a brandnew car.

i hope i did help you

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Pajero Fieldmaster would fit the bill or Montero / Pajero V6 gas (not the local Montero Sport). Avoid the GDI engine of the V6 though. These two will seat only up to 7 people comfortably. For 7 to 9 seater you'll need a van. Ford Expeditions also come to mind but the fuel consumption will be costly.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I don't think you can find one that seats 9. The most I am aware of is maybe 7-8 and the Expedition and Suburban would be the best because it would still have space for cargo inside and those also have a true 4wd with a low range. The others mentioned can seat 7 but you have to choose between people and cargo/luggage that the people would bring on a trip because of space restrictions once the seats are up. Any crossover is an AWD and not a true 4x4 with a low range.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For that budget, you can get a 1st gen Ford Everest.

Try www.ayosdito.ph

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    aejhayl17, ang mamahal pa nyang binigay mo. Montero Sport ranges from 1.2-1.5M parin. Fortuner 3.0 V D-4D mga 1.1-1.5M din. tsaka wala issue yung 3.0 D-4D, yung 2.5 D-4D lang

pero tama ka sa Ford Explorer baka may makita sya.

pero kung diesel ang hanap ng TS, mag Pajero Field Master sya. kaso ang bagal

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pajero Fieldmaster does fit your budget. And so does the Ford Everest. But AFAIK both doesn't seat 9 people comfortably. If the seating capacity of 9 is your main preference then you should stop looking at SUV's, you should start looking at AUV's which is mainly made for hauling people. A brand new mitsubishi adventure fits your budget, and it does seat 9 people comfortably. It can go up in Baguio and can take long trips as well.

I wouldn't really recommend an Expedition to you since it's a gas guzzler, everyone knows that. ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gomez View Post
    Hi, to every expert in suv 4x4 please help i want to buy a second hand 4x4 suv 7 to 9 seater budget up to 800k only kapos lagi sa budget e. Alin ba sa mga suv ang mas matibay pag bibili ng second hand, gagamitin ko sa amin sa bukid kasama na rin ang long trip let say na makakarating ng baguio na hindi naman ako ititirik sa daan. I dont care kung gas or diesel basta defendable na hindi sirain ok na sa akin. Alam kung basta second hand sigurado na sirain na ang option ko lang e alin ba ang mas maganda salamat
    Hi
    My wife & I reached the decision to sell our Pajero FM 4x4 /manual ,model 1999, color red if u are interested text my wife nbr.09062921798, reason is we stick to strada na lang children have their own, dalawa na lang kami.

RTS

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    halos dalawang pre-2001 patrol safari na ang pasok sa budget mo hehe kung sa tibay at off-roadability ang usapan, matindi to. hindi rin siya high tech (non-crdi, wala masyadong electronics, etc) so kahit sinong mekaniko kayang umayos. di ka naman titirikin paakyat ng baguio pero medyo mabagal nga lang. :D

pero ok rin ang pajero FM, try to get the 4wd kung talagang ibubukid mo siya. the everest would be another choice pero di ako sure sa parts/service kung sa provinces. parang mas ok kung 1st gen na non-crdi na 4x4.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    aejhayl17, ang mamahal pa nyang binigay mo. Montero Sport ranges from 1.2-1.5M parin. Fortuner 3.0 V D-4D mga 1.1-1.5M din. tsaka wala issue yung 3.0 D-4D, yung 2.5 D-4D lang

pero tama ka sa Ford Explorer baka may makita sya.

pero kung diesel ang hanap ng TS, mag Pajero Field Master sya. kaso ang bagal
    hehe parang sinusuggest ko na si TS na bumili ng bago sir

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Buying a second hand 4x4 suv