New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis isn't slated for a redesign until about late 2007, probably as a 2008 model

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Best bet is to try all three and see which suits you best. If you can wrangle a test drive over rough roads or in traffic, it'll tell you a lot about how easily you can live with the car.
    i agree. there's nothing like first-hand experience. go and take the cars out for spins, then decide for yourself. afterall, you're the one forking out the dough. and don't let the opinions of car critics, your friends, and the members of tsikot.com change your mind. oh, btw, go for the mazda3.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mazda3 for me. since the day i got this car, i never had any regrets -- good handling, spacious, comfy ride, "gwapo", nice dash design, excellent stock brakes, fun to drive, etc.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks for the comments guys, ask ko lang dun s mga may civic na...is it hard na hindi kita ung front ng car while driving napansin ko kc when I saw the car s showroom na ung design nya e mahirap makita ung front part?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by comixster
    thanks for the comments guys, ask ko lang dun s mga may civic na...is it hard na hindi kita ung front ng car while driving napansin ko kc when I saw the car s showroom na ung design nya e mahirap makita ung front part?
    Kahit naman yung Altis hindi mo na rin kita yung hood kasi bukod sa mataas ka na, malaki ang incline nung hood. Sa una lang yun, after a few minutes sanay ka na just don't forget na may hood at hindi Lite Ace ang dala mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vote for a 3 - love your own siyempre..
    need a testdrive of the "3" ???

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mazda 3 = di ba may Promo pa sila? at wafu naman talaga exterior di ka rin talo sa engine
    Civic 06 = ito ang fresh sa road ngayon kaya dami mapapalingon sa iyo,
    sanayan lang re sa Hood ,iyon Volks nga gaya sa avatar ni wildthing hirap ko din gamitin ng una pero later on nasanay na din ako
    Corolla Altis = if ever Toyota ang na feel mo ,go for Altis S,sporty na ang dating konting modification na nga lang

gaya din sabi ng iba test drive mo lahat,para mas ikaw na mismo ang magcompare ng notes nang bawat isa kaysa sa mga naririnig or nababasa mo lang
    congrats na lang sa bago mo na ride na mapipili (kainggit naman ng problem mo)j/k

PS: Civic nga pala ako

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Exterior looks = Mazda 3 (although mas head turner ngayon Civic kasi bago)
    Interior looks = Civic wins but not by much over the mazda 3
    Reliability = Toss up between Civic and Altis
    Sporty handling/ride = Mazda 3
    Comfy ride = Altis
    A bit sporty and comfy ride = Civic
    Power = Civic

Test drive all the cars first before you buy one. Nothing beats a test drive.

BTW, Civic ako.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The 1.6 Mazda can only use lower octane fuel (unleaded fuel only, higher octane fuel like Velocity, Blaze, XCS, etc are strictly prohibited).
    Now that's quite odd. I've heard of cars requiring premium fuel, but unleaded only? The way I understand it, it's like someone who can drink tap water but not purified. AFAIK, fuels like Blaze and Velocity are also unleaded, but with additives to boost performance. Why, are there still leaded gasolines here?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Now that's quite odd. I've heard of cars requiring premium fuel, but unleaded only? The way I understand it, it's like someone who can drink tap water but not purified. AFAIK, fuels like Blaze and Velocity are also unleaded, but with additives to boost performance. Why, are there still leaded gasolines here?
    The restriction/prohibition for the engine pertains more on the fuel octane rating. It seems the locally issued Mazda 1.6l engine cannot accomodate the higher octane rating fuels like Velocity, Blaze, XCS, etc since the use of such higher octane fuel would cause the engine to knock. In the end it leaves, the unleaded gasoline as the only type of fuel that may be used for this type of engine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Buying Advice - civic2k6, altis, mazda