New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi! this is my first time to post but I've been reading the forums for quite some time now. Just want to ask for some advice regarding what car we should buy. I'm choosing among honda civic 1.8S, mazda3 1.6V and a toyota altis 1.6E. Since the altis is mejo luma na, it's cheaper and hence I'll be able to buy accessories for it like fog lamps, spoiler, skirts, grill, leather seats. Appreciate your help on what to buy. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    tough decision to make, sir :-) read na lang kayo mga threads here about your car choices. check out din yung Mazda 6 ... goodluck sa purchase nyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is your actual budget?...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cicv 2k6 :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If those are his choices, I don't think his budget will extend to a Mazda6 :lol:.

I'd say... all three are very good cars. The Mazda3 has the edge in looks, space and handling, but it gets lower fuel economy than a Corolla 1.6 AT (though the engine does "loosen up" after a few thousand kilometers). The new Civic 1.8 will have good power and looks on its side... can't comment on how it is spacewise versus the Altis or Mazda3, though, I haven't seen them all together. The Altis is oldest, yes, but as you've said, there are a lot of dress up and aftermarket parts out for it. And its still a great car... good space, great fuel economy, stiffish but well controlled ride, decent handling and dynamics (though not as exciting as the Mazda) only negatives, as far as I'm concerned is the lack of a telescoping steering adjustment and the uninvolving driving experience... perfect commuter, though.

Best bet is to try all three and see which suits you best. If you can wrangle a test drive over rough roads or in traffic, it'll tell you a lot about how easily you can live with the car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    new civic = better engine performance and hp rating; expect it to be fast!
    mazda 3 = best in handling among its class plus good exterior design (for me, still the most handsome among the compact cars around)
    altis = if you just need a car to bring you from point A to B. Nothing really exciting as compared to the civic and 3. But the discounts it will offer you may make you think twice not to consider it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'd pick the Civic here. It's the newest and most advanced with telescopic steering, digital speedometer and a first-in-class 5-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Although I still prefer the manual, this should already do you good especially in today's conditions.

The Altis is still the safe choice with its proven reliability, but like they said, it's starting to age. If you're patient enough, a new model should be out anytime this year. You might want to wait for that before writing the check for the Civic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Civic without a doubt.

Unless you somehow don't like the exterior or interior styling of the Civic, in which case, Mazda 3 then.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As a note, *pdc2, the Mazda3 also has telescoping steering.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    gwapo ang bagong civic, just saw a black one today sa parking lot ng megamall. malaki na pala ito compared sa mga older cars.

my advice mag - civic ka na lang hangga't ma-enjoy mo popularity nya. civic
    naman eh one of the best sedans out there.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Buying Advice - civic2k6, altis, mazda