New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    civic din ako. pero kung plano mo altis, kuhanin mo na yung altis S. konting mods na lang kailangan. pero afaik, souped-up 1.6 J lang sya. nasa pillar kasi yung antenna e.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Vic All The Way!!!

civic gets my vote

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by comixster
    Since the altis is mejo luma na, it's cheaper and hence I'll be able to buy accessories for it like fog lamps, spoiler, skirts, grill, leather seats. Appreciate your help on what to buy. Thanks!
    wag mo masyado bigyan ng pansin yan fog lamps, spoiler, skirts leather seats, balewala yan.

nothing beats driving a brand new yet popular model sedan na wala ang karamihan. for a year malamang dami mapapa 2nd look sa yo. how I wish may opportunity ako makabili ng civic ngaun, kakainggit ka bro. niweys, we owned 2 civics na kaya I am very confident that you'll enjoy this car ....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    What are your criteria?

Kasi kung gusto mo lang ng sasakyan to take you from point a to point b, kahit alin dyan madadala ka.

The Mazda 3 gets my vote in the looks department.

The Altis because of my generally good experience with Toyota's reliability, just lowering and 17"s make them look better. But I agree, medyo luma na ang design. Dami nang meron.

Civic 06 is ok kung gusto mo bagong modelo talaga.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mazda3 for me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by comixster
    I'm choosing among honda civic 1.8S, mazda3 1.6V and a toyota altis 1.6E.
    If your choosing between matics, I'd reco the civic w/c has a 5AT, vs the 4AT of M3/Altis. I'm anxiously awaiting though, what Toyota has to offer for the next gen Altis, and if it would possibly already release late 06 or early 07.
    Last edited by Autobeat; April 13th, 2006 at 01:01 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    take the civic...fresh, young looking and modernly designed. altis... ang design parang pang older pipol, mazda 3 front facia..looks similarly with other cars.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i'd wait for the review of the new civic, kung positive yung mga reviews then get that.. Altis ko 1.6E 2004 model sirain.. suspension and aircon.. buti may warranty pa :D

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    It terms of appearance, forget the Altis since it looks clunky inside and out. Even the cheaper price does not make it anymore attractive esp. when it is on its way out by next year or so. The Altis wouldn't look out of place, if it were a model from the mid-90's bec. its drab and dull interior styling is quite reminiscent of that era.

So its either a toss between the 2006 Civic and Mazda3. What I dont like about the "3" though is that it is underpowered (1.6) and there's a noticeable hesistation from the transmission when you suddenly lift your foot from the gas and immediately depress it. This situation might be rectified using the manual mode. The 1.6 Mazda can only use lower octane fuel (unleaded fuel only, higher octane fuel like Velocity, Blaze, XCS, etc are strictly prohibited).

Regarding the Civic, I haven't driven it so no comment on its performance. Appearance-wise, it is acceptable although it wouldn't stir any passion from you. The spaceship-like dashboard is really long and chunky which might impede one from seeing the front corners of the car as it pushes your seating position further back. The highly slanted front roof-line does not help but rather exacerbate the situation also. The speedometer and tachometer are quite apart. Glancing at the tachometer might involve nodding your head a bit longer and removing your eyes from the road for a brief moment. The Civic, although never been styled to be a head-turner, does possess the novelty of being a new/recent release model which will surely make buyers covet it and create a sense of demand in the coming few months ahead.

In the end, it is you who will be plucking down your hard earned money for the vehicle therefore the decision as to which vehicle to buy rests entirely on your shoulder. It is best to evaluate each of the individual candidates through a test drive and formulate a decision based on your personal preference and evaluation results. Btw, The Civic will be available for test drive in a few months time.
    Last edited by number001; April 13th, 2006 at 02:16 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Buying Advice - civic2k6, altis, mazda