New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    same as PK post.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to douse your enthusiasm, bro. Anyways, the sportmode button of the A/T tranny of the E36 is more than enough to satisfy your need for power.

there were a couple of 2-door E36 coupes with manual tranny that were brought in and sold in the gray market. one of these cars was even transformed into an AC Schnitzer car (performance and looks).

there are very good non-casa shops that cater exclusively to bimmers that can maintain grey-market cars. such as Autovec, Basics, and Seyer. They also sell original spare parts that are cheaper than casas.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Im just thinking bout maintenance of a AT 2nd hand Car, mah friend just told me to avoid AT coz it take a lot from you once it got broke. wat's a bimmer pala Sir Woodfire ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vadvan
    Im just thinking bout maintenance of a AT 2nd hand Car, mah friend just told me to avoid AT coz it take a lot from you once it got broke. wat's a bimmer pala Sir Woodfire ?

bimmer is slang for bmw

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha! this got me into thinking about of buying a 2nd hand BMW...

hopefully, the price of an E46 325i goes down a bit lower... ;)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    here's an interesting insight posted at www.bmwcarclub.org.ph, might help you decide. pero at least, safer ka sa carjacker/carnappers though syempre, kung super practikal habol mo, see PK's post
    The price of owning/driving a bimmer..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're getting it as a project car or 2nd car and you're sure you can handle the added service costs then by all means go for it. Expect to do the repairs here and there as Woodfire mentioned.

We had a 320i a/t before and although it was sluggish below 2k rpm or so, it was a great car to drive on long trips (especially once you hit the corners). Sadly, we disposed it "as-is" due to an a/t tranny problem which could have been avoided had i not taken the advice of the CASA that i didnt need to change my fluid IMO. I wanted to change the fluid when we bought it 2nd hand as a precautionary measure but the CASA told us there was no need; hence almost a year later the tranny gave way due to water contamination (the previous owner probably hit a flood before and did not change the tranny fluid).

Mazdamazda, i do think you'll start seeing E46 325's at the 1M more or less mark this coming year. The local E36 320i's can be had at 400K plus at the least already.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    my brother owns an E36 at ang masasabi ko ang tigas ng kaha nya at kung aalagaan magtatagal talaga.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    you wont go wrong with an e36 320i, mine is still going strong despite it being an oldie, with only 51k on the odo. yes it is sluggish below 2.5k rpm, you have to use the Sport mode on the AT tranny to have good acceleration, you'll feel the surge of acceleration * the 3k+ rpm, sarap.
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; January 3rd, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    hahaha! this got me into thinking about of buying a 2nd hand BMW...

hopefully, the price of an E46 325i goes down a bit lower... ;)
    meron ako nakita 2002 E46 325i (pre-facelift), 18" mags, kits etc. * 1.4M. ganda un...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Buying 2nd Hand BMW