New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep not that fast from standstill, mostly due to the hefty weight, my manual even indicates 1,495kg, pero full load ata yun.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If your a speed freak and want the Bimmer as a toy then try to look for a grey unit E36 325i. We used to have one before and I can honestly say that it was one of the best A/T car i have driven, the 325i has 190hp with torque to boot. you can use it to challenge Civic Sir, Lynx RS. Repairs and maintainance is more expensive than your regular jap sedan but its not that high unless a major problem has arisen. since its gonna be a toy car, i doubt it would get more than 10Tkm a year, so servicing would be cheaper since its not an everyday car.
    If you plan to get a second hand unit, just be sure to check the car thoroughly since major repairs would equal bigger costs.

You could also get the E30 model 320i or 325i but if you had the money i would rather get the E30 M3. Probably one of the ultimate toy cars around.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana pwede din sa Volvo ang wire trick. :D Though having an periodic full system run through with the diagnostic computer seems to be worth the cost.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nagbebenta ng e46 325i with body kit and 17in na, 1.35m, mahal ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Confusing kasi yung post ni vadvan Practical doesn't go with bimmers (at least in the Philippines). Speed freak, no go with the E36's smallest 6 cylinder engine.

Not that the 320's are bad. It's a very good introduction to BMW's straight six. Just don't set your hopes too high. Still, I'm sure you're going to enjoy a bimmer like we do.

One time I had a hard time looking for a replacement bolt for a Civic's brake caliper mount ... yun bang 1-1/2" na kalahati lang may thread. Sa Pinas, kahit sa palengke may mabibili ka, dito sa UK, sa casa lang. I paid P150 for that bolt and waited 10 days for it. Yung ibang parts din, parang ginto ... Kwento lang on the flip side of the coin.

*OTEP, yung wire trick para lang sa pag-reset ng service indicator (oil change, inspections I and II). Unfortunately, kailangan pa rin ng dealer's diagnostics computer kung gustong maghanap ng recorded fault. But you have to specify what the problem is, like when mine suffered from stalling. I paid P4.5k for them to tell me that it was the camshaft sensor. Tanong ko bakit hindi nila na-diagnose na sira din yung oil level sensor? Sagot sa akin eh hindi daw kasama sa diagnostics iyon at ibang problema. Gusto ko ba daw na palitan din nila? Leche, ako na lang magkakabit, kako (UK dealer yan).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, sana pwede wire pang-reset lang ng service light. Laking tipid na din. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *straightsix saan ka nag pa diagnose?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    may nagbebenta ng e46 325i with body kit and 17in na, 1.35m, mahal ba?
    ...based on the carfinder i buy every week ; mura na yan, may nakita kasi akong e46 na 318 na modded din at almost the same price (even higher).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PopE-XXXVI
    *straightsix saan ka nag pa diagnose?
    At the nearest friendly $tealer ...

Scothall BMW
    Chesnut Avenue
    Chandlers Ford
    Eastleigh
    Hampshire UK
    SO53 3YU

10. Join Date