New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    mahal ang maintenance at parts ng honda thats for sure.
    eto yung mentality ng karamihan

Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    mas madali imaintain ang diesel engine

malaki matitipid mo sa fuel pag diesel, sa crv ung isa kong friend bihira gamitin lakas sa gasolina

afaik, mas mahal ang spare parts ng diesel compared to gas.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brightfame View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. Very sound advice. I guess that buying brand new is also what I want, the only reason I was considering 2nd hand was because I would be able to buy right now instead of waiting a month or two.

Is the diesel engine for Tucson better than the gas engine version? Considering that diesel engines will cost more with parts and maintenance?

So between 2010 Tucson and CR-V, how do they compare in terms of:

• Fuel efficiency
    • Ride and comfort quality
    • Performance (of the 2.0L variants)
    • Maintenance costs
    ill get the tucson if i were in your shoe. its new and its fresh-looking.

something tells me the next toyota/honda will be hyundai/mazda

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    honestly hindi gaano comfortable sakyan ang CR-V.

mag 2010 Tucson iX CRDi ka. sulit talaga yan

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tucson CRDi. Medyo love it or hate it nga lang yung looks. 150TKm/5 years naman yata yung warranty so no worries on spending on parts just yet. Ayaw mo ba ng Kia Sorento? Might as well take a look at it as well, 1.3M lang yata yung pre selling nila.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    +1 vote on the tucson, i like how the tucson looks. very macho tingnan compared to the crv.

also diesel engines are more expensive to maintain than gas engines, but that's just based on my experience. most of our company cars are diesel, now they're buying gas engines na lang dahil daw yung matitipid mo sa diesel gas mapupunta din naman sa maintenance so halos ganon din.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Tucson CRDi. Medyo love it or hate it nga lang yung looks. 150TKm/5 years naman yata yung warranty so no worries on spending on parts just yet. Ayaw mo ba ng Kia Sorento? Might as well take a look at it as well, 1.3M lang yata yung pre selling nila.
    sir 5 years / 100,000 kms. yung naka lagay sa brochure ng Tucson

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brightfame View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. Very sound advice. I guess that buying brand new is also what I want, the only reason I was considering 2nd hand was because I would be able to buy right now instead of waiting a month or two.

Is the diesel engine for Tucson better than the gas engine version? Considering that diesel engines will cost more with parts and maintenance?

So between 2010 Tucson and CR-V, how do they compare in terms of:

• Fuel efficiency
    • Ride and comfort quality
    • Performance (of the 2.0L variants)
    • Maintenance costs
    fuel efficiency - pareho lang mag-average yan ng 7-8km/liter with the kind of traffic we have.
    ride and comfort quality - pareho lang
    peformance - mas mabilis ang crv
    maintenance costs - mas matipid ang pms ng crv, every 6 months even if you use non-synthetic oil. crdi kinakain nun oil mo

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    sir 5 years / 100,000 kms. yung naka lagay sa brochure ng Tucson
    Ay, sorry, sa Kia Sorento pala yung nakita ko.

Lower pa din siguro sir ang cost/Km ng CRDi Tucson sa CRV. Hindi ko lang alam yung FC pero sa cost ng diesel vs gasoline kahit magpareho ng FC mas malaki pa din yung sa gas. Pero I think the CRDi would get around 8-10 at least in traffic.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Actually type ko rin nga yung Sorento pero mukang higher up na model siya sa Sportage diba? Sa site nila kasi 1.7M nakalagay. Pero I'll visit a showroom to see what deals they have right now. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Seems like a lot of you are recommending the CRDi version of Tucson. Mas maganda ba talaga vs the CVVT? Mukang wala kasing M/T na CRDi which is why it looks like I'm going for gas engine if I buy a Tucson.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Brand New Tucson, CRV or 2nd Hand RAV4, CRV